Page 1 of 6 123 ...
    Addict
    03-31-2009, 10:51 AM #1

Hybrid Superstar shines brighter

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/29/au...perstar&st=cse

For all those arguing against the future viability of the hybrid (as well a plug-in hybrid and all electric cars) READ and LEARN!
    The lesson is dont let your rigid right wing ideology get in the way of the facts.
    That's you JOHN, RMAN, BEACH GAMBLER and all the rest.

Guru
    06-08-2009, 02:13 PM #2
    lloyd Handwerker, You dont have a clue do you. First of all I doubt that any of the people you mention are against hybrids, IF THEY WORK AND ARE ECONOMCAL. The fact is they dont and are not yet, you nimnuts. If the government did not give tax credits for them they would not sell enough of them that car companies would keep making them, that alone should tell you that the technology doesn't work. The fact it takes almost as long as the car life span just for the savings on fuel to make up for the cost of the car should be a clue to you (that does not include the cost of not having the money for that period of time ether).

Addict
    06-19-2009, 02:31 AM #3
    John you have absolutely no clue whatsoever. The Prius is economical (more than makes up for its cost) and works well. You did read the article did you not? The same goes for the Honda civic and the newest Honda hybrid (lower price than Prius) as well. Watch and learn how many of them will be selling in the next five to ten years. You do understand that's the
    direction autos are going in dont you? And like any new product the more they make the cheaper the price will get.
    Toyota knows something you know nothing about obviously and that is how to run a successful car company. You are an obvious ideologue.
    By the way the Prius was successful without gov't tax credits. Cant say that for the Nuclear industry now can you?

Guru
    06-19-2009, 02:05 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    John you have absolutely no clue whatsoever. The Prius is economical (more than makes up for its cost) and works well. You did read the article did you not? The same goes for the Honda civic and the newest Honda hybrid (lower price than Prius) as well. Watch and learn how many of them will be selling in the next five to ten years. You do understand that's the
    direction autos are going in dont you? And like any new product the more they make the cheaper the price will get.
    Toyota knows something you know nothing about obviously and that is how to run a successful car company. You are an obvious ideologue.
    By the way the Prius was successful without gov't tax credits. Cant say that for the Nuclear industry now can you?

Excuse me, If you had a clue you would know Toyota also needed a bail out from their government. They needed one and they didn't have to pay out 30 billion to the unions pention fund. By the way, you have seen what the Yen is worth compared to the dollar right. Hybrid sales droped off 45% in the US this year, I wonder why that was could it have been because fuel came down so much?????

Guru
    06-19-2009, 02:23 PM #5
    Also, your nuts the figures dont add up. The Prius cost on average 5600 more then a comparible car, the Prius gets on average 12 to 16 miles more per gallon. The average miles driven per year is 12,000, so on average the guy that has a Prius is going to have 155 gallons less to pay for, at todays price of fuel of 3 dollars a gallon that means a savings of 465 dollars a year. 5600 / 465 = 12 years to get the money back you first laid out to get a Prius over the normal car. I will not even get into the interest lost on the 5600 year after year for 12 years but I think we should get to at least another 3 years added to the original 12. Should I get into the extra maintenance cost of a Prius. The replacement cost of batteries alone after 5 to 7 years put the car well over making it economical. You dumb ass, This is the kind of information you and you lefty buddies dont want out.

Addict
    06-19-2009, 06:50 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Excuse me, If you had a clue you would know Toyota also needed a bail out from their government. They needed one and they didn't have to pay out 30 billion to the unions pention fund. By the way, you have seen what the Yen is worth compared to the dollar right. Hybrid sales droped off 45% in the US this year, I wonder why that was could it have been because fuel came down so much?????
    Yes Hybrid sales dropped off this year just like all cars sales did. Maybe there
    is a recession going on? LOL.
    Hybrid sales will build in quantity over the next year. its inevitable. Wanna bet big shot? Whether its because of increasing fuel prices or a slightly better economy or a wider and better selection of hybrids. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to see where hybrid, hybrid plug-in, and electric car sales will be headed in the next 5 to 10 years. People arent stupid. d

Addict
    06-19-2009, 07:00 PM #7

Wink

Also, your nuts the figures dont add up. The Prius cost on average 5600 more then a comparible car, the Prius gets on average 12 to 16 miles more per gallon. The average miles driven per year is 12,000, so on average the guy that has a Prius is going to have 155 gallons less to pay for, at todays price of fuel of 3 dollars a gallon that means a savings of 465 dollars a year. 5600 / 465 = 12 years to get the money back you first laid out to get a Prius over the normal car. I will not even get into the interest lost on the 5600 year after year for 12 years but I think we should get to at least another 3 years added to the original 12. Should I get into the extra maintenance cost of a Prius. The replacement cost of batteries alone after 5 to 7 years put the car well over making it economical. You dumb ass, This is the kind of information you and you lefty buddies dont want out.
    Can you be more specific? 1. Which comparable cars are we talking about?
    2. What is the cost of the Prius. The Prius from 2009 and 2010? Is that the
    base price? 3. Name the cars you are talking about along with their cost and 4. Tell me what the new Honda insight costs and how many miles to the gallon it gets? 5. Tell me what happens when gas prices go to $5 a gallon and beyond. How about when they go to $8 to $10 like in Europe and most other parts of the world.
    Tell me what will happen to the price of hybrids as more of them are built.
    Hint: They are going down. check out the Honda insight.
    Do you understand that there is a cost to global warmng that you are completely ignoring, but granted is very difficult to quantify. Some people thinkabout the choices they make in the world and they dont make them purely for financial reasons. More letter oh close minded one.

Guru
    06-20-2009, 09:31 AM #8
    Yes Hybrid sales dropped off this year just like all cars sales did. Maybe there
    is a recession going on? LOL.
    Hybrid sales will build in quantity over the next year. its inevitable. Wanna bet big shot? Whether its because of increasing fuel prices or a slightly better economy or a wider and better selection of hybrids. Doesnt take a rocket scientist to see where hybrid, hybrid plug-in, and electric car sales will be headed in the next 5 to 10 years. People arent stupid. d

They didn't drop off 45% like hybrids did you jack ass. What happens depends on what party is in control. Yea when democrats work against this country trying to get at its own resources that makes speculators drive the price of oil up. One only had to look at what happen to the price of a barral of oil just after they let the moritorium run out and what a surprise look at what the price is doing when the dems put so many restrictions on drilling it makes it impossible to. Yes people are look who they voted in to office to be their president. Dumb asses in Michigan voted for Obama after having Grandholme in control of Michigans economy for the last 6 years. Perfect examples of their stupidity, They all saw this dumb bitch hold so tight to not lowering or just lossing the property tax all together with Toyota that she lost them, they all saw her raise their taxes in 2007 and when those increases didn't work, she must have said well those increases did not work out, so lets plan on doing it again in 2009. This all before the 2008 election and most still voted for a democrat. Obama so F-ing dumb he put her dumb ass on his team as an economic advisor, yea he is real intelligent. That woman killed Michigans economy almost all by herself and Obama wanted her help in doing the same to the whole country.

Guru
    06-20-2009, 09:47 AM #9
    Can you be more specific? 1. Which comparable cars are we talking about?
    2. What is the cost of the Prius. The Prius from 2009 and 2010? Is that the
    base price? 3. Name the cars you are talking about along with their cost and 4. Tell me what the new Honda insight costs and how many miles to the gallon it gets? 5. Tell me what happens when gas prices go to $5 a gallon and beyond. How about when they go to $8 to $10 like in Europe and most other parts of the world.
    Tell me what will happen to the price of hybrids as more of them are built.
    Hint: They are going down. check out the Honda insight.
    Do you understand that there is a cost to global warmng that you are completely ignoring, but granted is very difficult to quantify. Some people thinkabout the choices they make in the world and they dont make them purely for financial reasons. More letter oh close minded one.

Those stats were from "Car and Driver" magizine.

Also get off the global warming issue we are not total idiots here. You have no proof that it is man doing it or if it is the cycles of the sun. I know you read the post I had to you in that thread, inwhich I discussed the temps just before the Little Ice Age where higher then they are now. As a matter of fact they made the statement in that show (the history channel) about the reason for the name of the country Greenland being Greenland. I also asked you in that thread what industrial development was going on then??????? I also told you you better get with the times because it is not called global warming anymore they changed that to global climate change. Thats because the same people you believed before (who not 20 or 30 years prior said we going into another ice age) have started to change their minds again and are saying the we could go into a ice age now. You want to know why???? well you have to keep up because they think we are going to have lower tempitures on average for the next 12 to 20 years.

Addict
    06-20-2009, 11:06 AM #10
    They didn't drop off 45% like hybrids did you jack ass. What happens depends on what party is in control. Yea when democrats work against this country trying to get at its own resources that makes speculators drive the price of oil up. One only had to look at what happen to the price of a barral of oil just after they let the moritorium run out and what a surprise look at what the price is doing when the dems put so many restrictions on drilling it makes it impossible to. Yes people are look who they voted in to office to be their president. Dumb asses in Michigan voted for Obama after having Grandholme in control of Michigans economy for the last 6 years. Perfect examples of their stupidity, They all saw this dumb bitch hold so tight to not lowering or just lossing the property tax all together with Toyota that she lost them, they all saw her raise their taxes in 2007 and when those increases didn't work, she must have said well those increases did not work out, so lets plan on doing it again in 2009. This all before the 2008 election and most still voted for a democrat. Obama so F-ing dumb he put her dumb ass on his team as an economic advisor, yea he is real intelligent. That woman killed Michigans economy almost all by herself and Obama wanted her help in doing the same to the whole country.
    Stop with the nasty insults like calling Senator Granholm the B word and Obama F''n dumb. It just makes you come across as quite ignorant and nasty. if you have facts on your side argue them in a normal manner.

Still waiting for facts behind your claims in our last exchange.Come on buddy list the statistics behind your arguments. Name the cars and mileage.

How much did Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, Nissan etc drop off in Feb, March, April, May from this year? Come on list the facts not your ideology.

I notice you dont try to deny the recession had something to do
    with the drop off in hybrid sales like you did in your last post. What happened? Do you always give up so easily on your "facts" of 5 minutes ago.
    Are you seriously trying to argue that Toyota has not been a well run company over the last 10 years and that its decision to go into hybrid
    cars such as the Prius was not a wise business decision? They have sold
    over 1 million of them and if you have been paying attention at all every
    car company is following in their footstep.

I notice you avoided my offer of a bet on the future of the hybrid, hybrid plug-in, and electrics in this country. Come on chicken or should i say "jack ass". LOL.

The fact is that oil prices were at their highest under the Republican Bush
    administration. And i am not so dumb like you to say oil prices go up and down based on which party is in power. Where did you get such a notion?:

Page 1 of 6 123 ...