Thread: "World's most stable car companies"

Hybrid View

Addict

"World's most stable car companies"

"the world's most stable car companies, led by Toyota and Honda, have
    launched new generations of hybrids. These are NOW the best selling cars in Japan and are likely to do extremely well in the US. it may take GM tow or three years to catch up to the latest versions of "green" automotive technology.

Good morning John
    Just thought it my duty to catch the ignorant putz up to date on what the
    facts are about hybrid cars.

Addict
    I should have mentioned that the previous quote was from a Wallstreet.com
    article.

Addict
    For the utmost in accuracy the article was from todays online Wall st. Journal.
    Http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1246...googlenews_wsj

Guru
    lloyd Handwerker, You and the Wall Street Journal have for gotten a few things. First of all trying to combare Japan and the USA is like saying eating Susi is the same as eating swordfish steak. You forget to mention what the price of fuel is over in Japan. Now while I have not been there for sometime, it was well over 8 dollars a gallon 15 years ago, so I doubt the price of fuel has come down in the last 15 years and has most likely gone up. Now I would not expect an idiot like yourself to remember that we aready discussed this before, so I will say it again. Hybrids are not economical yet at the price we pay for fuel. I gave you the figures before and if you multiple the price of fuel by 3 or 4 you will find the result will also change (I also told you this is why Hybrids are more populal over there and in Europe). I should not even have to get into how difficult it is for foreign products to be sold in Japan but I will. First off all the government does everything possible to limit them (I will never forget the comment by them back in the 80s that went something like, we cant use Caterpeller earth movers because they dont work on our soil). Second the people are also smart enough to know to buy their own products, they know that is a good way to keep their own economy going. Hell try to find one Asain driving a American built car in the USA would be difficult. Then you have the fact that land over there is at the highest premium, My god man they are finding it difficult to find places to put their dead, they dont stack them that high because they want to. Big cars were never a big seller over there and why I also said that is why they had the car ready for the market already and why they missed the boat on the SUV market. Hummmm amazing isn't it that it took 5 years before Toyota and Honda could even have a SUV model out that could compete. Also lets not forget that Toyota fell behind Ford for sales in the six months so far. I wonder why that is.

You see dumbshit your problem is you read one article and use that as your basis for your information for the time being. I am sure if I took the time I could find several articles from 4 and 5 years back that said Toyota has failed on a huge scale by not having a SUV before now (NOT THAT ANYONE IN JAPAN WOULD HAVE BOUGHT A SUV BACK THEN ETHER, BECAUSE IT WAS NOT ECONOMICAL). You see unlike you I tend to retain information for a longer then a 2 week period.

P.S. I see at least the Wall Street said "likely" not that "they are" or "will be". You take information and use it for what you want. The fact is Japanese buy Japanese made products. The fact is the Japanese have always bought way smaller cars. The fact is fuel prices over there are 4 and 5 times what they are here. These are facts you may like to gloss over because thats just the way you are and a dumbshit will almost always be a dumbshit.

Addict
    John once again you have earned your title of IGNORANT PUTZ.
    What you fail to acknowledge time and time again (and what you were too chicken to bet on) is that the hybrid is increasingly being manufactured by the auto companies. What does that tell you? If you would use your rigid brain in a more creative way you would understand that these companies understand they (hybrids, plug-in hybrids, electrics and clean European diesels are the future of the automobile industry in America and in the world. Thems the facts as much as it hurts you to admit it.
    Putz you have also said that the hybrid doesn't make sense because of the need to replace the battery. Then are the Japanese consumers idiots? Oh free market believer (except when you dont want to believe) you are being proven wrong every day in Japan and elsewhere.
    The Japanese nor anyone else for that matter dont have to buy hybrids because they have PLENTY other high mileage options. So think a little what it means that hybrids are now the highest selling cars in Japan and will be increasingly in America. As i like to say "thems the facts"
    All the rest you stated about Japan and high gas prices etc is OBVIOUS.
    Thats why i dont talk about it putz!

Addict
    Ford is taking market share from GM and Chrysler. Why? Your not that dumb are you.
    What kind of cars are Ford investing in now. Small energy effecient cars
    (including hybrids, plug-in hybrids, and electrics). Their whole marketing emphasis is on "green" cars. Once again, what does that tell you
    about the future of the automobile?