Page 3 of 7 12345 ...
    Mentor
    07-06-2009, 10:32 AM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by bdp View Post
    Now for a bit of conspiracy...
    Mel has kept the sp as low as possible until his contract renewal, where as we all know, included the ungodly sweet 160,000,000 option shares locked in at .43. Notice that only now that he has negotiated this ultimate deal of personal greed, Sirius is suddenly beginning to advertise, and as we all shall certainly witness, Mel's press releases will surely follow a truly positive agenda. There is no way that Mel and co. will be letting the stock price slide. Not when there is considerable personal wealth to be lost. In the end, greed will prevail.
    Not a conspiracy at all,that is Good Due diligence,know the plan and invest on it yourself and be on the right side...

P.S.If Mel becomes a billionaire i'll become a millionaire,SWEET

Mentor
    07-06-2009, 10:36 AM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by bdp View Post
    Now for a bit of conspiracy...
    Mel has kept the sp as low as possible until his contract renewal, where as we all know, included the ungodly sweet 160,000,000 option shares locked in at .43. Notice that only now that he has negotiated this ultimate deal of personal greed, Sirius is suddenly beginning to advertise, and as we all shall certainly witness, Mel's press releases will surely follow a truly positive agenda. There is no way that Mel and co. will be letting the stock price slide. Not when there is considerable personal wealth to be lost. In the end, greed will prevail.
    Exactly. I said this the other day. Follow the money. I failed to do that in July(short side, bond pressure), and I wont make that same mistake twice. Mel and the insiders had almost zero personal reason to keep it high at the time. Now they have millions and millions of reasons. Liberty deal is done. Board members are done. Insiders are all in, and the company cleared debt for 2 years. Time to grow, and run this company at optimal efficiency. Growth vs. revenue growth...
    Wondeful to see added subs and revenue growth. Might have to wiat for q3 for both of those, but theres still an outside shot at Q2 for positive subs, but I think they will lose under 120k. To max gain for 20k or so. Depends on churn of course. Revenue will enjoy another quarter of LOW payments to car companies at least for Q2. Maybe they can show enough improvements on the bottom line in Q2, to offset negative subs this time, and they can hold gains.

07-06-2009, 11:51 AM #23

doctorex speaks:

estimated SIRI gaap loss for q2 09 sits at one penny per share.

against this:

(1) falloff in subs does not hurt the bottom line, and it may help in the short run by limiting acquisition subsidies.

(2) the $180,000,000 charge which dinged us q1 09 will not recur.

(3) this means that mel has to find an extra two pennies per share to cut. this may turn out to be easy. if mel finds two pennies to cut, and if there are no more bad surprises, then, maybe,

SIRI WILL POST GAAP PROFIT NEXT MONTH ON THE Q2 09 reports.

this will not be a garbage metric, either.

this will not be cash flow, or free cash flow, or ebidta, or any other garbage metric liars' refuge.

LET YOUR IMAGINATION RUN WILD. SIRI WILL SHOW A PROFIT, AN ACTUAL GAAP PROFIT, TO THE ENTIRE WORLD.

what will the newbies, intelligent enough but only dimly aware of the siri situation, and still thinking about the near-bancruptcy, do with this information? they will BUY SIRI like fiends possessed.

BUY BUY BUY BEFORE AUGUST RELEASE OF Q2 REPORTS.

doctorex has spoken.

Guru
    07-06-2009, 11:57 AM #24
    i like when doctorex speaks

im pretty sure since he speaks in 3rd person he is actually posting for someone else, I suspect its someone on the inside of siri that is heading warning...probably mel himself to be honest...ok, jk but I do like doctorex's style

Mentor
    07-06-2009, 12:11 PM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    i like when doctorex speaks

im pretty sure since he speaks in 3rd person he is actually posting for someone else, I suspect its someone on the inside of siri that is heading warning...probably mel himself to be honest...ok, jk but I do like doctorex's style
    The IMROMO24 has spoken!!!

Guru
    07-06-2009, 12:32 PM #26
    did somebody have some stops set up at .45 or something?

Enthusiast
    07-06-2009, 12:35 PM #27
    Wow! Almost still up one half of one percent at 9:30am!

Enthusiast
    07-06-2009, 12:56 PM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    did somebody have some stops set up at .45 or something?
    I don't know, but I do know I have reached my breaking point with this, er, how to put it nicely, stuff. Tomorrow I'm lowing my limit sell to my break even point if it doesn't get sold off today with a late rally.
    Last edited by mrmertz; 07-06-2009 at 12:58 PM. Reason: added info

07-06-2009, 01:23 PM #29
    I'm not ready to sell it off but I am a bit disappointed. In the last 3 weeks we've had plenty of great news and only a .10 to .14 bounce. I don't think we even popped into the .50 range. I know the argument and I am long on this so it shouldn't matter to me but I'd feel better if our basement was in the .50 to .65 range off all the solid news recently.

Mentor
    07-06-2009, 01:25 PM #30
    Selling? Youve been offered them prices for days. Why take them now? You dont see the new base forming? I do. Look at the one month. THen pull up a 3 month.

Page 3 of 7 12345 ...