Page 12 of 40 ... 2101112131422 ...
    Enthusiast
    07-07-2009, 06:50 PM #111
    Anybody understand the 95MM share dump at 3:39 p.m. on MGLG?

Mentor
    07-07-2009, 06:56 PM #112
    busted day 1d (yesterday) , took the red eye back , got alot of catching up to do.

Mentor
    07-07-2009, 07:19 PM #113
    Hi

Anyone know any sites where I can get a decent list of penny tickers? Not necessarily tickers that are currently being pumped, but that's ok too - just some lists.

I want to play "The Chartgame" with penny stocks

07-07-2009, 07:42 PM #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Hi

Anyone know any sites where I can get a decent list of penny tickers? Not necessarily tickers that are currently being pumped, but that's ok too - just some lists.

http://www.ddmachine.com/default.asp?s=BNPD

Here you go Dr.Dave at the top of this site it has the most looked at penny,s
    hope it helps,there is a lot of news links here etc....

also scottrade elite has a most active site during the trading day with otc and pinks thats awsome

Mentor
    07-07-2009, 08:04 PM #115
    Thanks Ray -

Got the list -

Let's see if I can blindly make myself a paper millionaire

07-07-2009, 10:05 PM #116
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsandy View Post
    Anybody understand the 95MM share dump at 3:39 p.m. on MGLG?
    You can't have a sale without a buyer.

Somebody bought up a lot of MGLG shares today...I wonder why and who?

07-07-2009, 10:31 PM #117

Well I won't touch this one for now.

RAMS

Some news finally came out, not good.

ATHENS, Greece, July 6, 2009 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Aries Maritime Transport Limited (Nasdaq:RAMS) today announced that on June 26, 2009 the Company filed its annual report on Form 20-F for the year ended December 31, 2008. The audit report of the Company's independent registered public accounting firm, PricewaterhouseCoopers S.A., included in the Form 20-F contains an explanatory paragraph which notes that there are specific factors which raise substantial doubt about the Company's ability to continue as a going concern. These factors include the Company's 2008 and 2007 net losses and a previously announced re-classification of long term debt due to its inability to meet certain financial covenants under its revolving credit facility.

As discussed in Note 1 to the consolidated financial statements, Aries Maritime is currently in negotiations with its lenders to obtain waivers for certain financial covenants. The Company has plans in place to improve the performance and financial strength of the Company. These plans primarily relate to the reduction of expenses, possible sales of vessels and the potential addition of assets to enhance future cash earnings.
    http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroo....html?d=168422

GSX TEC

Both of these energy stocks are near 52 week lows, with the attack on the energy sector right now I will just sit back and watch / wait for news.

I wish I was able to post the news on RAMS earlier, just been busy doing other stuff.

Have a good one people!!

Guru
    07-07-2009, 10:53 PM #118

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Hi

Hey Dave, good evening..I have a question. How are you going to set it up so it will do the calculating? Are you going to do the calculations yourself or what?

I think that would be a kick in the ass!

Guru
    07-07-2009, 10:57 PM #119

Dry Shipping

Hong Kong Stocks Rise on Shipper Outlook, China Shenhua Upgrade
    Share | Email | Print | A A A

By Patrick Rial

June 26 (Bloomberg) -- Hong Kong stocks closed higher for a third day as shipping companies projected higher prices and Goldman Sachs Group Inc. upgraded China Shenhua Energy Inc.

China Cosco Holdings Co., the world’s largest operator of dry bulk ships, jumped 7.9 percent after the company’s chairman said freight rates are set to rise. China Shipping Container Lines Co., the nation’s No. 2 box carrier, surged 8.8 percent after announcing plans to boost prices. China Shenhua, the nation’s largest coal producer by value, gained 6.5 percent after Goldman recommended buying the stock. Sun Hung Kai Properties Ltd., the world’s biggest developer by value, rose 3.1 percent after mortgage issuance in Hong Kong climbed to the highest since January 2008.

The Hang Seng Index rose 1.8 percent to 18,600.26 as of the 4 p.m. close in Hong Kong. For the week, the benchmark has added 3.8 percent, the fifth gain in six and its biggest advance since the five days ended May 29. The Hang Seng China Enterprises Index, which tracks so-called H shares of Chinese companies, climbed 2.5 percent to 11,037.14. The measure finished the week up 5 percent.

“My basic opinion is that Hong Kong and China will continue to outperform the region,” said Masahiko Ejiri, who helps manage about $26 billion at Mizuho Asset Management Co. in Tokyo. “If we still have an easing environment in monetary policy later this year, that’s definitely going to boost the property market and banking industry.”

The benchmark Hang Seng Index has soared 64 percent from a more than four-month low reached on March 9 on speculation government stimulus efforts worldwide will revive the global economy. Shares on the gauge are valued at 16.7 times estimated earnings, up from 10.8 times at the beginning of this year.

Rising Prices

Wei Jiafu, chairman of China Cosco, said yesterday “the BDI will have a V-shape rebound after its dive,” referring to the Baltic Dry Index, a measure of shipping rates. The gauge has fallen 9.1 percent in the last five days.

China Shipping Managing Director Huang Xiaowen said in an interview yesterday the company plans to raise rates on Asia- Europe routes by as much as $300 per 20-foot container from July 1. Huang said load factors did not increase with lower prices. The busiest season for sea-cargo box carriers traditionally starts on July 1, when rates are raised to capitalize on European and U.S. retailers stocking up for the back-to-school and holiday-shopping periods.

China Cosco rose 7.9 percent to HK$9.85. Pacific Basin Shipping Ltd., Hong Kong’s largest operator of commodity vessels, gained 7.7 percent to HK$5.19. China Shipping Container jumped 8.8 percent to HK$2.10.

Goldman Upgrade

To contact the reporter on this story: Patrick Rial in Tokyo at prial@bloomberg.net.
    Last Updated: June 26, 2009 04:31 EDT

Guru
    07-07-2009, 11:01 PM #120
    I shouldn't have posted that last post, because the next thing you know everybody in here will be into Chinese Penny Shipping Stocks.

I just found it kind of interesting and decided to share it.

Page 12 of 40 ... 2101112131422 ...