Page 1 of 7 123 ...
    07-02-2009, 06:50 AM #1

SIRI Intraday Thursday 7-2-09

Check out these ads in NYC. One is a full outside page wrap with Sirius iphone ads on both inside and outside of AM New york, a daily free publication with 400,000 circulation. The other is a full page strategically placed on the first right hand side inside page of the Village Voice. (Circulation 210,000). Looks like Sirius is banking heavily on the iphone application. At least they are advertising.
    sirius xm ads.jpg

07-02-2009, 06:59 AM #2
    sorry about the small photo. I can not seem to post a larger one, but trust me. These are large tabloid size double spreads.

07-02-2009, 07:10 AM #3
    I see how this works now. Just double click on the small photo and it will open up as a larger photo.

07-02-2009, 07:56 AM #4
    Good Morning bdp and all,

Thank you for the pics of the ad in the New York paper. The other
    day an advertisment on a billboard in California and now this. This is
    awesome. Marketing has finally began to be more aggressive. The one
    area I feel they were the most lax.

Julie

Guru
    07-02-2009, 08:30 AM #5
    nice pics thanks.

Premarket looks less than favorable. though its staying over .45, id prefer over .46

Guru
    07-02-2009, 08:33 AM #6
    if you look at the 5 day, there are two days where there were trades at .04 weird.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    07-02-2009, 08:53 AM #7
    Hmmm, I should have gotten some of that at .04.....LOL I need to pay better attention!

07-02-2009, 08:58 AM #8
    I don't think we are going to open strong. The rest of the market is trading mostly red in pre-market. Jobless reports coming out today. Looks less than favorable. If siri dips, will be a good chance to increase position IMO. I will check back at the closing bell and see how we did. Nothing phases me much though (short of a catastrophe) since I am holding very very long on this with my 600K shares. I do feel strongly that we will see $1 by September and once we break that barrier, I can see a nice steady increase as the recession eases and Sirius delves further into being a profitable company.

BTW:
    Just a thought on all the Pandora etc... vs satellite (sirius xm) radio war talk. I happen to enjoy both options. Just because Sirius is a subscription service doesn't mean that it is crap and just because Pandora is a free music only web streaming app doesn't mean that is is somehow better or worse. I find that they both have their merits and there is probably a place for both to exist. It is, after all, absolutely vital to have choices. Competition is the catalyst for innovation. If web streaming stations were non existant and no other music iphone apps existed, do you think Sirius would have wasted their time creating one? The competition is what will drive Sirius to stay a step ahead. The bad thing about being the only pllayer on the field is that there is a complete loss of motivation to move forward. Of course, if they aren't constantly driving development of new technology and product improvements, well then, the "two guys in the garage" will surely squelch them.

Guru
    07-02-2009, 08:58 AM #9
    fox news is running a banner for sxm

http://www.foxnews.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images

Guru
    07-02-2009, 09:01 AM #10

charles, iphone app update?

I just read we moved back up to 5 is that true? maybe the advertising is helping!!

Also, what is the count for the ratings 5 star versus 1 star?

thanks, can't check at work.

Page 1 of 7 123 ...