Page 10 of 12 ... 89101112
    06-30-2009, 04:13 PM #91
    Close at .43. Just as I said at the open.

Guru
    06-30-2009, 04:17 PM #92
    oh snap, what the deuce? .43 close, with 330,000 share trades, very nice finish, looks good,

Guru
    06-30-2009, 04:21 PM #93
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    thanks, i was hoping we would get to be one of the featured apps, everytime i opened it it was a bit hard to find the sirius app, hence the reason its so critical to stay in the top apps, more visibility (ala charles who is correct there)

John,

sometimes I feel like this has something up its sleeve with the seemingly stupid moves they make. This one had "buyout" all over it a while back a way to clean house, I know the tax write off so no need to discuss that.

But someone mentioned capital write off too. They can start the depreciation of this satellite faster...and in 10-15 years (maybe sooner) they may plan to abandon the satellite (i doubt this but you never know what wifi and cell phone tech can help the distribution)

So, knowing the changing delivery forms, it may benefit them to get the best current subscriber experience while they can. Being this is an improvement in that experience, ill support it.

SIRI already shortened its depreciate life span of them as of more then a year ago. I had thought that was because of problems they were having with them but in the 10-K it stated that was not the reason the only problems were secondary curcitry problems with the solar aray and they said it will not effect the 15 year life span of them. The reason was because they had signed a contract with LRS for new satellites.

Addict
    06-30-2009, 04:32 PM #94
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    oh snap, what the deuce? .43 close, with 330,000 share trades, very nice finish, looks good,
    There was a buy imbalance at the close per my Power Etrade account (news section)

My question is, why & how the hell do these MM's hold the stock in such a tight range all day and other days, they make people chase the bid's and asks up & down.

It can't be all supply and demand, could it ?

Guru
    06-30-2009, 04:34 PM #95
    John are you saying there are new satellites in developement as stated by the company? (beyond the next one going up)

Mentor
    06-30-2009, 04:53 PM #96
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    SIRI already shortened its depreciate life span of them as of more then a year ago. I had thought that was because of problems they were having with them but in the 10-K it stated that was not the reason the only problems were secondary curcitry problems with the solar aray and they said it will not effect the 15 year life span of them. The reason was because they had signed a contract with LRS for new satellites.
    How many people does Mexico have? If they used that unused bandwidth that is supposedly being reserved for the minority owned stations to use. What if they just pick up a ton of spanish and mexico stations, add in a little siriusXM style quality, and thats your minority owned channels. Im sure it can be more than one owner. Maybe get the Clear Channel of Mexico. We will get there here for free already. Then offer subs to Mexico citizens. They will get SiriusXM for the other channels, and SIriusXM can add like 3 or 4 spanish only channels themselves, that they create.
    Im sure Mexicans at least might enjoy of the content already and they can practise there english if they get bored. Like I practise my spanish watching Telemundo.
    This should also satisfy the FCC requirement for minority owned channels, stations whatever. And this offers content Mexico would enjoy. Add the iphone, and international exposure, add canada, and you now have an entire content that can enjoy the same sat. service everywhere.
    Im sure Mexicans will be able to use there iphones to get the content too, and of course there is always the internet. Gives more value to getting the sat. package as a Mexican consumer.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 06-30-2009 at 05:04 PM.

Enthusiast
    06-30-2009, 04:57 PM #97
    Posted by ILS Communications Team, 4:49 PM on 30 June 2009 | 0 Comments

As the Breeze M upper stage of our Proton M rocket continues
    its climb into space with the SIRIUS FM-5 satellite, we have
    received confirmation that the 2nd burn of the upper stage
    occurred and shut down as scheduled.

Enthusiast
    06-30-2009, 05:38 PM #98

New updates

scratch that... was just the last part of the original blog post

The next events are scheduled for about 2 hours from now. The Breeze M upper stage will ignite for a 3rd time and burn for approximately 11 minutes; after that the additional propellant tank will be jettisoned, and the 4th burn will start. All this will happen in a span of almost 15 minutes while the vehicle is again out of range of a ground station. We should reacquire the vehicle shortly after the 4th burn ends.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    06-30-2009, 07:15 PM #99

Sirius FM 5 Launch!

Anyone that missed the launch I found it on youtube! For some reason you can't watch it again on the ILS site. Now you get to see it Romo, I would have been so frustrated not being able to watch it live!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLiGBEpIGVE

Enthusiast
    06-30-2009, 07:22 PM #100

3rd and 4th burn complete

+ SIRIUS FM-5 Third and Fourth Burn Completion
    Posted by ILS Communications Team, 7:18 PM on 30 June 2009 | 0 Comments

We have confirmed that the Breeze M upper stage has successfully completed its 3rd & 4th burns, as well as jettisoning its additional propellant tank. The vehicle is now in a 5-hour coast period, during which we will have nothing to report. The 5th burn is scheduled to start around 12:03 AM EDT, or 04:03 GMT. Separation of the SIRIUS FM-5 spacecraft is scheduled to follow the 5th burn completion by about 15 minutes.

Page 10 of 12 ... 89101112