Page 39 of 40 ... 2937383940
    Mentor
    07-05-2009, 08:10 AM #381
    Ok - I gotta hit the sack - that way I can have plenty of rest to lose my new fortune tomorrow - in full Jesse Livermore fashion.

Mentor
    07-05-2009, 09:26 AM #382
    Man ...

You guy's are great. So much to comment on ...

Greg, thanks for the pics, what a beautiful sight ... Strange, I was a sort of John Madden type before starting my current job, having only flown once in my entire life (and that a short trip from the Bay Area down to Disney land when I was in Jr. High) - It ended up that the job required me to fly to various offices across the states and despite the trepidation ... I love it. The view of God's creation ... always make sure I have a window seat. Just as bizarre, despite those 'fears' I would love some day to go up in a F-14, 16 even a Mig just to experience it. That is very cool what you said about your family and being able to give them such a memory ...

Just occurred to me - Saw this via an email my Dad sent me some time back, it's hilarious and sums up precisely my sentiments towards flying.

http://videogum.com/archives/late-ni...se_025272.html

Stang, a drummer! Started out playing drums though it was one of those things that the P's kind of put me through, kind of on the level of 'having' to take piano lessons - I was a secret closet wannabe guitar player the whole time (Roy Clark was my first idol). Went through the motions to some extent with my friends (everyone was a guitar player already) Neil Peart, Tommy Aldridge- circa Pat Travers era ... First set was a Crown. Finally abandoned it all, against my peers objections and tried to build my own axe ala EVH style, a colossal failure! Anyway, what my buds didn't realize, the whole time we were jamming I was storing away info and later taught myself to tune to a record and taught myself how to play. FF a couple of years later and the best of our bunch and myself were the only survivors - I took the rhythm route primarily ...

Bill! Check you out man ... too cool, sold my beloved Marshall half stack many years ago during some hard times ... crushed me to do it. Got a chance to play last year at a company function on what looks like the same mini you got there ... Sweet! Maybe if these stocks pan out .... And a DJ? That far back? Yeah, I guess you are an old fart!!! LOL ... BTW, the insulation project ... What a PITA!! It was easily 110, if not more - Got started around 6 AM and by Noon or so it got to the point where I could only handle 15 minute stints and would have to come out for air .... Brutal! My head is a pin cushion from the damn nails through the rafters, the pitch here is so tight - Dirty as hell from the old shake (It's an apt. about 30 yrs old.) - Banged up, bruised up ... The only plus is I may have sweated off some of the love handles - 9 PM and it was done - I am told old for this kind of crap ....

Man, did I miss anything else? Oh yeah, Bass, thanks for the advice and suggestions - Yes, I am not heavily invested in MGLG (300K shares), I left that stupidity, er, brilliance for my stake in SIRI - It's funny, my first buy in MGLG was right on the heels of it hovering around ... I think .0020? ... Got in a little bit higher than some, bought another chunk to avg. down a shade .... Again, truly appreciated. I know the risks and the rewards - Had been musing similarly, to hang on to the .0010-11 Monday and adjust accordingly ... Hope you did well this weekend - Actually find myself now watching a bit on ESPN since hearing you talk about your adventures - Before, I couldn't fathom anyone watching poker on the tube, of course used to say the same thing about golf ....

BTW - Quite a few players (music that is) between the "2" sites - sl62, Fenderblue, a couple more that are alluding me-

Great stuff you guy's

Mentor
    07-05-2009, 06:40 PM #383
    You guys need to start a band called "The Buzz" or "The Pennies", unless you get all hardcore, then you can be "The Sub-Pennies"

We'll I managed to wipe out a good portion of my paper money as expected! lol

Guru
    07-05-2009, 06:57 PM #384

Hey Tib

Hey Tib -

That would be painful having to sell a Marshall half-stack, or any amp. I have thought about selling my Trademark Tech 21 120, but I just can't let it go. They don't make them anymore and it has 5 presets, it is a sans amp and is a stereo amp. 120 Watts with 2 12's in it. It screams! I put it up on Craig's list last year for $800, but nobody bought it. I was sweating bullets and took the ad down.

Oh, I hate insulation! I do my best to stay away from it. You get that shit all over in your skin and itch for days, plus it floats around in the air. I do my best to stay out of attics. They are hot and suffocating and smell, lol! Plus the nails sticking out all over the place.

I hope that we have a good week this week...we shall see.

Guru
    07-05-2009, 07:00 PM #385
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    You guys need to start a band called "The Buzz" or "The Pennies", unless you get all hardcore, then you can be "The Sub-Pennies"

We'll I managed to wipe out a good portion of my paper money as expected! lol
    That is hilarious! I like the "sub-pennies". It has a mysterious cult aura about the name and must have a hidden mysterious meaning to it....if you say it backwards it sounds like- siennep-bus (Hidden Satanic messages in that name, I tell you!)

Are you still playing that game today? I might go a few rounds with it. It isn't that easy. The stocks he picked have some good twists and turns in them.
    Last edited by billhart22; 07-05-2009 at 07:14 PM.

Mentor
    07-05-2009, 09:27 PM #386
    Bill and any other conservatives on this thread

Must see...John posted youtube clip in offtopic politics thread.

gives us something to think about!

Guru
    07-05-2009, 09:32 PM #387

Back to stocks!

We had an entertaining weekend here...keep it up, I sure enjoyed it

I suppose I should look up some things and post them before tomorrow (Monday Morning).

Guru
    07-05-2009, 09:34 PM #388
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Bill and any other conservatives on this thread

Must see...John posted youtube clip in offtopic politics thread.

gives us something to think about!

Hey Jeff, I will check it out. I hope that you had a great weekend!

Mentor
    07-05-2009, 09:35 PM #389
    Yeah the Sub-pennies sounds pretty hardcore. I'd go see them/you guys. If you play San Diego - the best match for you would be this place called The Casbah. Its by the airport - http://www.casbahmusic.com/

I started playing as soon as I woke up - I'm still playing the same/first game. This going all in makes it tough - I got up to $44K, then got a couple bad guys in a row - and quit (or paused) at 16K. Still ok though - I'm up 60% and buy and hold is down 66%.

I just got back from errands, and I'm a little more coherent - so will try to make it back.

It's real dangerous once you get a good lead to play cheap stocks in a bear market - that's where I got the sting. At some point, I'm going to start a new game, with a few more rules - one of course being that once I have a lead, no bottom fishing, and reject a lot more charts that I don't like.

A lot of these charts are tough, since they are large cap stocks that don't trend all that much.

In actuality, I have to get some "real work" done here - but I do have charts on that RTGV. If I remember right I thought I saw an ok setup to buy with resistance set to where you'd make 100% - then the play would be to get out and hope it breaks the line. But I'll have to look again - of course, this is just blind charting on a penny stock with no more DD than me playing this game.

Mentor
    07-05-2009, 10:21 PM #390

RTGV charts

On the daily front - you kind of have a pennant formation - though, you'd like to see a bigger "flag pole" - and these patterns work better at new highs... but if I were playing the chartgame blindly - i would wait until the price broke above the trendline - but since this is a penny stock and such, I might also put 1/2 my trade in near the bottom of the trendline. But, that's just all of course based on blindly looking at the chart. Volume decreasing with the pattern is a pro.