Page 38 of 40 ... 283637383940
    Guru
    07-04-2009, 11:45 PM #371
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Ok Stang - I just clicked the link and read it. This could be a scary addictive game for me (not that I'm not currently psychotic about charts). Interesting is that they choose large cap SP stocks - those I think don't move trend and form patterns as much, but I think I'll be hooked here. If you folks don't hear from me in the next week - someone hire a hacker and shut me down.

I was having a ball with that game. I was just clicking the days one after another and making snap decisions. If a guy took each day as serious business and did T/A to some degree on the charts before moving to the next day, he would get a hell of a lot of practice. The site is really awesome, because you have some competition - the buy and hold factor.

I ran through 2 sessions of it, but I have a mouse that double-clicks really fast and I didn't catch it on one move and I went down 27% in a flash. I have to go get a new mouse tomorrow, this thing is driving me ape-shit!

It's fun...good find Matt!

Mentor
    07-05-2009, 12:05 AM #372
    Herd

I've flown in a plane very similar to that one. Being in the open air, looking out over the countryside is an awesome rush. When I was a kid, my dad and a couple of flight engineer buddies had an old cessna. They got a great thrill scaring the shit out of the kids by stalling that SOB and telling us that we ran out of gas. Pissed my pants acouple of times...told'um spilt my soda.hahahaha

Bill, Dr D, stang, and the rest of the gang

It is Independence Day...no more charts...you guys are killing me!

I hope everyone had a fantastic day.

jeff

Guru
    07-05-2009, 12:25 AM #373

Talking Music..There isn't any market tomorrow. Damnit

Dave and all - I dug Ratt! I was big into hair music. Of course I was into Elvis Presley also in 1957 (Damn I am old)...I have followed rock from its roots. I have seen Bill Haley and the Comets, Bo-Diddly, Chuck Berry, The Shirelles, The Dovels, Jan and Dean, The Kinks, The Righteous Brothers ----moving forward.....Jethro Tull, Mountain, Eric Clapton, Wishbone Ash, Johnny Winters, Chicago Transit Authority, The Who, Grand Funk, Eric Burdon and the Animals, Black Sabbath...you name it, I have probably seen them.

In the hair days I didn't go to concerts much...but I loved the music. "Back in Black" is one of my favorite albums.

The one guitar hanging on the wall in one of the pictures that I posted was an extreme lead guitar players guitar. It is a 1985 Hamer Custom Standard. It is hand made and so is the red one in the picture. The Tangerine Custom Standard is the same guitar that Rick Neilsen of Cheap Trick plays. Tons of big lead guitar players played that same guitar in the 80's in hair bands.

I love great leads and the "Hair Days" had them. Nobody can play them anymore unless they are old and gray.

One of my favorite hair bands was "Vixen"...a chick band. Damn they were great! If you want to hear what a Hamer sounds like and what a great band is then go here: (Turn the speakers up!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9aR2jKiFQs

If you want to hear what my Tangerine guitar sounds like go here: (In the video it is the lead guitar and the white one):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB8HudfbaTE

If you don't care, that is your privilege...

Guru
    07-05-2009, 01:19 AM #374

My Tangerine Hamer

Guru
    07-05-2009, 01:29 AM #375
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Herd

I've flown in a plane very similar to that one. Being in the open air, looking out over the countryside is an awesome rush. When I was a kid, my dad and a couple of flight engineer buddies had an old cessna. They got a great thrill scaring the shit out of the kids by stalling that SOB and telling us that we ran out of gas. Pissed my pants acouple of times...told'um spilt my soda.hahahaha

Bill, Dr D, stang, and the rest of the gang

It is Independence Day...no more charts...you guys are killing me!

I hope everyone had a fantastic day.

jeff
    Hey Jeff -

No fireworks here..a few fire-crackers because it is raining...There is always something constructive to do....

Good advice, that is why I am going off on a tangent..

I hope that you had a great 4th!

Bill

Guru
    07-05-2009, 01:33 AM #376

My Hamer Daytona (Strat)

This kicks a strat in the ass! Takes no prisoners! It is lethal. Circa 1980+ + I love older mint condition guitars, but I play them, I don't baby them. This one was set up by the guy that does the guitars for Green Day and AC/DC, Tom Petty and the such.........blah blah blah...
    Last edited by billhart22; 07-05-2009 at 01:42 AM.

07-05-2009, 03:35 AM #377
    I always liked those explorer body guitars and that tangerine looks great on it

Mentor
    07-05-2009, 05:04 AM #378
    This game is awesome!

After getting ahead, I got a little cocky and my 13th trade brought me right back down. Since I was watching the "the pots come in" on the Deadliest Catch marathon, I took a "Rashke" approach and just used the lines... and it's paying off. I love this game way more than any paper simulator. And I'm finding keeping it simple is the way to go... so far. This is a great tool for any of you interested in adding TA into your bag of tricks, as well as money management (we'll not money management in the sense of how much to allocate with each trade) - but on why to cut out when things aren't going your way. Of course with the pennies, its a different ball game, because you have to incorporate the fact that you can easily be wiped down 30, 50, 70% in a matter of a day or two... which is why money management is so key to staying in the game. I'm going to try to keep my laptop on, see if I can make a million on the game I got going now. Great tool. When I get get a big down day, it feels like the real thing!

The crazy thing too is that its all EOD trading - so when I get a reversal candle - I can't (oh yeah, I'm using candles too - can't help that) just cut out - I have to take the hit the following day. Also, you can't buy into a breakout, you have to go in as if you found out after your buddy says - did you here SIRI just got Jackie Mason about 10 pm in a bar (that's a joke by the way).

Thanks Stang... for both the educational game, cause I'm really learning things, and also curses for adding in this new addiction! haha!

Mentor
    07-05-2009, 08:00 AM #379
    Wow - its almost 5 am, my arm and hand are sore from this game, but I hit the $30K mark finally - I was so close hours and hours ago, but got cut pretty bad and had to rebuild. I also reassured myself as to why I don't buy and hold anymore. Here's a funny one - they gave me Ford during the crash - you don't get the info while you are playing - but I kept thinking - this has got to be 2000 or 2008 - and this stock is tanking! Ok - gonna call it a NITE. At least I got out of the house for a bit. I can see I should never play this again.

Hope everyone had a great 4th of july.

Mentor
    07-05-2009, 08:03 AM #380
    When I was in 9th grade - so now you folks will see how old I am - I decided to go to the high school to be on their wrestling team (our jr. high was 7-9, and high school was 10-12). When I did, I got to go to a high school pep thing in the gym. The pom pom girls came out and did their routine to what they tooted as the school's official song - yep - Back in Black

It was awesome.