Page 17 of 40 ... 7151617181927 ...
    Mentor
    07-01-2009, 03:53 AM #161
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    no problem man. its nice you pop in every now and then to say hi.

its not so much as to being educated, its more like having a goal. obv we all learn something every day but to go into investing/trading without a gameplan is not wise IMO... adjust your gameplan along the way, but be sure of the decisions you make. do you wanna go long, do you wanna quick flip , swing, whatever. just dont get into something because people are pumping it, do your due dilligence and figure out what kind of return you want to get out of it and follow your plan. another important idea to understand is know when to get out of something that is NOT making you money. when your ready to invest in a stock decide on how much LOSS you're willing to accept. if you reach that point , then get out. thats pretty much what i tell everybody. as for myself, i practice a very tight bankroll management style and im very aggressive. im investing in the pink sheets with money i can afford to lose. i dont expect to lose it all but if it happens to drop to zero i wont put myself in a position that will hurt my lifestyle. but if it goes up it will only help

ty and gl
    Great advice Bass - I think the money management, portfolio allocation, target, stop and plan are the parts of the books, lessons, tutorials, etc. that get bleeped over and in the end are some of the most, if not the most important parts to staying in the game.

Mentor
    07-01-2009, 09:01 AM #162
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Hey Guys -

Shots - I sent a PM to Bill the Taxman and invited him.

Bass - I had a day today and now I am sore after hauling my compressor around today. I textured part of a ceiling after I repaired it. So I put everything in my truck and then I went back in and touched up some wall texture and while doing that the brush handle hit the new ceiling texture in a few places, so I had to go dig the compressor out again, all of the hose, the drill motor, the stirring paddle, buckets, texture material, re-protect the area with plastic film and then had to mix up more mud, put the hopper back together, drag the hose back in and shot two spots less than an inch a piece big. Then I had to clean everything again and put all the stuff back in my truck. And this is the short version, lol. It was quite a day.

Hey Tree -

It's great to see you posting now. We really appreciate you!
    Hey Bill,

Why didn't you just use one of those little min-hoppers they sell at Home Despot? I have done whole bathrooms with the dumb things -

I have followed your comments long enough to know your line of work ... I still have my license though I am currently employed more in Dilbert architecture and maintenance of the same ... Went out on my own for a couple of years very similar to yourself after climbing the semi-custom home developer ladder for so many years - The one where assistant superintendents run projects as supers but not at the same rate of pay. My biggest problem on my own? I was a lousy business man, always taking it in the shorts, too damn honest and too screwed up in the head to divorce the 'what I think it ought to cost' mentality over what I should have been charging - Besides that, it was cut throat out here - Estimating practically gave me a nervous breakdown.

But if I had to guess from your knowledge expressed here, you hopefully are doing very well.

It was just cool to read about your foray's yesterday - How many times I had to do something just like that ... haul everything back in again ...

Guru
    07-01-2009, 09:11 AM #163
    I prefer to build things without reading the directions and then taking them back apart because i did it in the wrong order or the first piece was put in upside down and you don't find out until you go to put on the last piece....then i read the directions..

07-01-2009, 09:33 AM #164
    Guys -

Etrade is showing AIG at 20 something. Did AIG do a R/S? Any information will be helpful, since I do own the stock. lol

07-01-2009, 09:36 AM #165
    Good morning ,Bill....!!
    your up early you must have to get your hands dirty today..lol
    all the years in the building business and here we are making money in penny stocks ,doeing all the things our parents told us not to do...lol
    mglg what is the current take on it ..

Guru
    07-01-2009, 09:40 AM #166

Hey Tib

Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Hey Bill,

Why didn't you just use one of those little min-hoppers they sell at Home Despot? I have done whole bathrooms with the dumb things -

I have followed your comments long enough to know your line of work ... I still have my license though I am currently employed more in Dilbert architecture and maintenance of the same ... Went out on my own for a couple of years very similar to yourself after climbing the semi-custom home developer ladder for so many years - The one where assistant superintendents run projects as supers but not at the same rate of pay. My biggest problem on my own? I was a lousy business man, always taking it in the shorts, too damn honest and too screwed up in the head to divorce the 'what I think it ought to cost' mentality over what I should have been charging - Besides that, it was cut throat out here - Estimating practically gave me a nervous breakdown.

But if I had to guess from your knowledge expressed here, you hopefully are doing very well.

It was just cool to read about your foray's yesterday - How many times I had to do something just like that ... haul everything back in again ...
    Hey Tib -

Actually, I find estimating the hardest part of the job. I love to do complete basement finishes, but I HATE to estimate them. It takes so much time to figure materials and such. What I really like to do is things like tiling, drywall repair and things of that nature. The profit is large and takes less time.

I can make a lot more money from small projects. I never have and never will charge an hourly rate. Why screw myself? If I worked by the hour I would lose tons of money. Know what I mean? If I can make $300 for the day, why charge $85 an hour when I can have it done in a couple of hours.

A lot of customers of mine are repeat customers and they sometimes just call me up and tell me what they want. I then go over to their house and do the work and then charge them what I want. I have keys to many of their houses so it works out really cool. They are not there...I go into their house and do the work while they are gone and leave a bill.

I am glad to hear that you understand what I was talking about yesterday. I actually did use a hand-held hopper yesterday. Maybe I made it sound too big, but the compressor and hose and the mixing and the clean-up and everything takes a lot of time.

I have never worked for anybody in construction. I just re-invented myself when I left the corporate world. Honestly...one day I was the Director of Sales for a wholesale division of Acer Computers and literally the next day I had a paint brush in my hand. It is amazing what a guy can do when he can read, lol.

It is nice to know that there is somebody here that can relate!

Guru
    07-01-2009, 09:54 AM #167
    Quote Originally Posted by ray View Post
    Good morning ,Bill....!!
    your up early you must have to get your hands dirty today..lol
    all the years in the building business and here we are making money in penny stocks ,doeing all the things our parents told us not to do...lol
    mglg what is the current take on it ..
    Hey buddy!

How are you? I hope really well.

I am not going to get too dirty today. It is a pretty simple day today. A small job and a quote for some drywall repair; a deck and some other stuff. It is starting to put a ding in my trading day, lol.

Ya, lol.....you, Tony (Sworntofun) and Tib are the builders here. I just remodel. You built what? 26 houses in 26 years? That is an accomplishment!

Now we are in the stock market. It didn't take too long to get into pennies, lol. This is a place that I never envisioned. The leverage is just too good. Shoporama!

MGLG is just fine as can be. That crap yesterday was old news and I am not sweating it. I have callouses now my friend!

Have a great one! Tty a little later.

Guru
    07-01-2009, 09:55 AM #168
    Quote Originally Posted by Skivail View Post
    Guys -

Etrade is showing AIG at 20 something. Did AIG do a R/S? Any information will be helpful, since I do own the stock. lol
    I don't have a clue...maybe somebody else has a handle on it Ski..do you live in Colorado? If so, I live in Parker.

07-01-2009, 10:06 AM #169

Am I crazy?

I've got another order to buy 7,342,000 NXHD @.0001

What are the chance's it's going to take? It keeps hitting .0001 but nothing on my end.
    Last edited by Gallep; 07-01-2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: I put in the wrong symbol

Guru
    07-01-2009, 10:13 AM #170
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallep View Post
    I've got another order to buy 7,342,000 MGLG @.0001

What are the chance's it's going to take? It keeps hitting .0001 but nothing on my end.
    .0001 or .001? I have to run to the Home Depot. Bass should be around pretty quick and there are other people here that can comment on this.

Have a great one, Gallep! Tty later.

Page 17 of 40 ... 7151617181927 ...