Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Friday June 26th Proposed short squeeze?

  1. #1
    JohnnyIrishXM is offline
    Mentor
    JohnnyIrishXM's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: Valley Forge ,PA Posts: 1,583

    Friday June 26th Proposed short squeeze?

    Ok,did a little adding up this morning and here is what i found:

    according to the Nasdaq web site of recorded shares we had 164 mil shares traded at .36 in AFTER HOURS. with a time stamp of 16:00:00...Gee why does that number sound familiar,oh Yes it is the exact number of shorts according to last short report...

    Now according to Regular trading recorded sales there were 62 mil traded at .36 with time stamp of 16:00:05.This is according to the Nasdaq site the amount of Russell cross shares that rebalanced,this should not have gone on the regular trading days close,because the last recorded trade was for .4108 at 16:00:04 right before the first .36 trade.....
    this has to be a computer trading error.IMHO any suggestions?
    And yes this does matter to us all..in the short term,(pun intended) matter of being done right way..

  2. #2
    relmor2003 is offline
    Mentor
    relmor2003's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Ok,did a little adding up this morning and here is what i found:

    according to the Nasdaq web site of recorded shares we had 164 mil shares traded at .36 in AFTER HOURS. with a time stamp of 16:00:00...Gee why does that number sound familiar,oh Yes it is the exact number of shorts according to last short report...

    Now according to Regular trading recorded sales there were 62 mil traded at .36 with time stamp of 16:00:05.This is according to the Nasdaq site the amount of Russell cross shares that rebalanced,this should not have gone on the regular trading days close,because the last recorded trade was for .4108 at 16:00:04 right before the first .36 trade.....
    this has to be a computer trading error.IMHO any suggestions?
    And yes this does matter to us all..in the short term,(pun intended) matter of being done right way..
    The 20 million share dump 5 minutes to go. Sold all in under 1000 share lots(I was watching, mostly 100 shares). This was not the rebalancing, but a short attack with intent to sacrifice 20 million shares to trigger every stop loss between .44 and maybe as low as .26 cents(not sure, as I didnt have any, but the first low was .26 cents, then changed to .30 later). This is bs.

  3. #3
    imromo24 is offline
    Guru
    imromo24's Avatar
    Joined: Aug 2008 Location: Steeler Town, MI Posts: 2,524
    and it was all done under the disguise of the rebalance, siriusowner changed his mind after looking at BBI and others, but he may still be correct that it was manipulation, just at the moment everyone expected something weird, they got away with something else...

  4. #4
    trippingthespeculatingpos is offline
    Guru
    trippingthespeculatingpos's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Location: San Antonio Posts: 2,884
    the best case sceneraio is mel kicked the shorties out with that new debt deal, i think its still up up and away, im sure lots pof people like john and ben will be calling .30's now, heres the question how many times can they be right?

  5. #5
    sxminvestor is offline
    For anyone who got squeezed out with their stop loss, I feel bad and they should be seriously outraged. Those trades under .40 were so bogus - what a major setup.

    I think we could open Monday as high as .44 and hoping it can hold .40 & close above it.

    Then we could maybe look towards the 2nd Q CC and getting back to .60.

    By the way, I read the launch has been rescheduled for July 1st now, from June 29th.

  6. #6
    bassmaster is offline
    Mentor
    bassmaster's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 1,216
    Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post
    For anyone who got squeezed out with their stop loss, I feel bad and they should be seriously outraged. Those trades under .40 were so bogus - what a major setup.

    I think we could open Monday as high as .44 and hoping it can hold .40 & close above it.

    Then we could maybe look towards the 2nd Q CC and getting back to .60.

    By the way, I read the launch has been rescheduled for July 1st now, from June 29th.
    i think we can all agree we dont know anything for a fact, except the russell rebalance.. you can just go with what you truly believe and adjust from here...i, like irish am longgggggg and dont trade SIRI, no need to sell anytime soon so the short term activity is not a major concern for me. but if you guys think the shorts are out, are you expecting to see the big boy pumpers come out in full effect soon ?

  7. #7
    sxminvestor is offline
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    i think we can all agree we dont know anything for a fact, except the russell rebalance.. you can just go with what you truly believe and adjust from here...i, like irish am longgggggg and dont trade SIRI, no need to sell anytime soon so the short term activity is not a major concern for me. but if you guys think the shorts are out, are you expecting to see the big boy pumpers come out in full effect soon ?
    I am long (7 - 8 years) and the only reason I trade is to increase my share count and so far since the fall from $ 1.00 to .05 and back up, I have almost tripled my share count with the same $ investment.

    I believe in this company and the direction they are going more and more each quarter that goes by. I would not be surprised to see the stock pull back a little and settle at .37 for a little while until we get closer to the 2Q earnings release, where I think we will get a nice push higher to around .53 - .55 on speculation of a cash flow positive quarter. If we get it and we could go to .70 or if it's disappointing, we head back to .40.

    Either way, the 2nd half has got to show improvement on the OEM's and with the new I-App and a 4th quarter marketing push - this dog is ready to run to $ 1.00 by year end.

    Also July 1st - Sirius 5 Sat being launched !

  8. Ad Fairy Senior Member

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •