View Poll Results: Do you have/want an Apple iPhone?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have one.

10 28.57%
  • No I don't but I want one.

13 37.14%
  • No I don't and I don't care.

12 34.29%
  • I have an iPod Touch which makes me almost as cool.

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 123
    Head Honcho
    06-29-2009, 09:23 PM #11
    See what bdp just said? That is why I get so mad at Sirius XM sometimes... I want people to talk about a Sirius product just like he did about the iPhone. It doesn't take a giant team full of geniuses, just a small team of truly innovative thinkers.

This company needs to do more then just great radio, its going to take more then that to make them truly stand out. An iPod/iPhone like device bridges generation gaps and makes the most anti tech person fall in love. I would settle for something half as cool as an ipod from Sirius XM at this point!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-29-2009, 11:52 PM #12
    I want an iPhone, but to get one in Canada requires an expensive 3-year contract, so I'm waiting until they drop in price enough that I can buy an unlocked one.

Enthusiast
    06-30-2009, 01:36 AM #13
    Man.. went by the AT&T store tonight here on island.... 7pm and the place was PACKED with people looking to get an iphone.

Enthusiast
    06-30-2009, 11:19 AM #14
    AT&T was running a special where they were waiving the activation fee so I gathered up my Best Buy Gift cards and got an Iphone. Have to admit the think is pretty cool. The hole apps thing is reminiscent of the old Palm VIIx I had at the turn of the century <g>. The Palm VIIx used the the Mobitex (beeper) network for internet access. It worked everywhere. It was one of the coolest toys I ever had.

I downloaded Sirius and Slacker. I haven't had a chance to listen to them at great length. I don't want to start any firestorms but I think the sound quality is better on the Stiletto 100 (Premium Internet Stream). Haven't cancelled the Stiletto, Maybe I won't.

Disclosure: Long Sirius, AT&T, No position in Apple
    Last edited by James; 06-30-2009 at 12:56 PM.

06-30-2009, 01:34 PM #15

Talking I have an iPhone...

and the Sirius app is awesome - except for ONE thing....the inactive timeout is freaking annoying. It's a stupid function that serves no purpose. Other than that - it's fantastic and sounds great!

Head Honcho
    06-30-2009, 01:43 PM #16
    I am guessing they use the inactive timeout for their online streaming because they don't want to pay royalties on music that isn't actually being listened to. If everyone signed online and walked away from the computer for even 30 minutes a day, that would add up quick.

So, is it annoying? Yes. Does it serve a purpose? Yes.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    07-04-2009, 03:48 AM #17
    Charles, can you change my vote to "Yes, I have one" ?

Got the 32GB black version at my local iphone store here in HI. Once again, they were packed, but everyone was friendly. Had a rep get me what I wanted and all signed up within around 45 minutes and had the phone activated around 5 minutes after that. They pretty much had their act together.

Got the phone back home, downloaded a new itunes and synced up my phone with the music and contacts on my computer.

Downloaded Sirius XM app. Already have the Internet feed, so signed right in. Love the new Sirius bootlegs channel.

Downloaded Skype and it works almost flawlessly. Doesn't work when on 3g only (restricted by at&t), however wireless worked great.

Slick interface and super easy to use.

So far, happy. See tomorrow when I head out for a drive around the island.. Hopefully 3g/Sirius XM uninterrupted.

Enthusiast
    07-04-2009, 11:06 AM #18
    Well that would be atleast two to be moved from "Want" to "Have"

I have finally had the chance to listen to Sirius via Iphone. It is great. The Stiletto' 100's days are numbered.

My only complaint about the iphone is the battery life. Fortunately, there are a lot of good choices for auxillary batteries. I plan to get the Kensington Mini-Battery and use it when I am using the multimedia apps so the phone is ready to use when I need it.

The good news for me is MobiTV is reported to be coming to the Iphone this summer. Hulu is also reportedly working on an app. Sirius, Slacker, MobiTV, Youtube and Hulu all in one device would be perfect.

07-13-2009, 05:29 PM #19

Inactive Timeout

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I am guessing they use the inactive timeout for their online streaming because they don't want to pay royalties on music that isn't actually being listened to. If everyone signed online and walked away from the computer for even 30 minutes a day, that would add up quick.

So, is it annoying? Yes. Does it serve a purpose? Yes.
    For the internet, it serves a purpose, but when I am on my iPhone and all of a sudden it stops and I have to log in and press that button - it IS annoying.

Legend
    11-23-2009, 09:30 PM #20
    What about the Droid?

Page 2 of 3 123