View Poll Results: Do you have/want an Apple iPhone?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have one.

10 28.57%
  • No I don't but I want one.

13 37.14%
  • No I don't and I don't care.

12 34.29%
  • I have an iPod Touch which makes me almost as cool.

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123
    Head Honcho
    06-27-2009, 12:14 AM #1

Question How many people here have an iPhone?

Just figured it would be interesting to see how many people here actually have an iPhone or want one.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    06-27-2009, 01:10 AM #2
    Watch all of the votes pour in for "No I don't but I want one." That is why those guys at Apple are so damn genius. Their whole pitch from marketing to packaging to the product itself is sexy. The smartest stock investment I ever made.

Hey Sirius XM, you want to be a real household name and save some money in the process? Cut all of your dead weight right now... you know... those guys that don't produce anything but a paycheck and then implement some actual talent and follow the design process Steve Jobs uses (if you dont know about it, Google it, its interesting and obvious as to why it is so successful).

"10 to 3 to 1
    Apple designers come up with 10 entirely different mock ups of any new feature. Not, Lopp said, "seven in order to make three look good", which seems to be a fairly standard practice elsewhere. They'll take ten, and give themselves room to design without restriction. Later they whittle that number to three, spend more months on those three and then finally end up with one strong decision."

http://www.businessweek.com/the_thre...ign_p.html?rss
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    06-27-2009, 01:39 AM #3
    I've tried to resist the urge, but it really is a fantastic device with a kick ass interface. Everyone and their brother is getting one on island. I'll probably check one out this weekend... might finally have SiriusXM in my car.

Enthusiast
    06-27-2009, 01:43 AM #4
    i have verizon so i'm looking forward to next year when apple might ditch att and finally make an iphone for verizon.

Mentor
    06-27-2009, 04:33 AM #5
    Same. Just waiting for Verizon(should have been them to begin with) and Im in with the Iphone.

Guru
    06-27-2009, 11:50 AM #6
    I have a samsung instinct which has a calendar, gets my email, has visual voicemail, touchscreen, 3g, internets, weather, news, and awesome gps...

I have sprint.

I had an pda for a while and finally reallized all i used it for was the calendar and for some reason that i have yet to figure out for sure, i don't play games on my phone or watch tv even though both functions are on the phone. probably because i am always near a computer with a large screen monitor.

Brother just got a blackberry and was interested in the iphone but he has verizon. He will probably get the iphone in 2 years if its on verizon.

If i didn't have my instinct and my xmp3 i would consider the sxm function of the iphone pretty awesome. I used orb and usirius on my instinct which is what made me get a sub finally.

In conclusion, there are alot of addicted sirius xm fans that want portability, guaranteed, not only that, but for $2.99 you can sign your friend up to use your login, that will attract a lot of new pseudo subscribers that will become full subs at some point.

Enthusiast
    06-27-2009, 12:00 PM #7
    I will be getting the Iphone or Ipod Touch in the next few weeks. I will then promptly be cancelling my Stiletto 100 which I use exclusively at home as a wifi device. This will actually be a net loss to Sirius of $8.99.

The only reason I would have to think twice about the Iphone is it doesn't support MobiTV. I currently have MobiTV on my Nokia E62. It is a great service. The Nokia E62 is a pretty cool phone and the logical upgrade woud be the Nokia E71x. The odds of Sirius creating a Symbian S60 App are probably pretty close to zero. Ultimately I may get an Ipod Touch.

Disclosure: Long Sirius, AT&T
    Last edited by James; 06-27-2009 at 01:26 PM.

Addict
    06-28-2009, 05:55 PM #8
    I want to get the new Palm, so I hope they make an app for it at some point later in the year.

06-29-2009, 08:21 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Same. Just waiting for Verizon(should have been them to begin with) and Im in with the Iphone.
    Me three. I also have Verizon but am hoping I can get one.

06-29-2009, 08:54 PM #10
    It is interesting to see everyone comparing other devices to the iphone. The fact is that these other companies are all trying to emulate the iphone. They are not coming up with any new concepts or improvements and will never have the quantity or range of applications. This is why the ipod still ranks as #1. Because it is the original hard drive based (although not the first mp3 player) and best designed. This is why it became the standard and is part of standard English nomenclature. I personally, emphatically resisted until I played around with the iphone one day at an apple store. I bought 2 that day. I now have purchassed 10 (Each of my employees have one) and it is a fantastic piece of equipment regardless of any minor bugs along the way. Well worth any annoyance. I use multipal applications regularly and as far as it being a telephone, well this seems like just a footnote. It is truly a remarkably powerful pocket computer and not just a gimmicky useless toy. I highly recommend it to everyone, however, JMHO.

BTW, I (perhaps foolishly) do not own apple stock.

Page 1 of 3 123