06-26-2009, 11:24 AM #1

Sportster 4 Remote Question

Hello all... New to the forum and have a question about my Sportster 4. I am having an intermittent problem with the remote. It just quits working sometimes, I thought it was the battery so I changed it. That didn't solve the problem, after some experimentation yesterday I found that if I power it off and then back on, it'll start working again. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what was done to solve it. Would also like to find out what the best option would be to hardwire the thing to a panasonic CD player without an auxiliary input since the FM transmitter really stinks. Thanks in advance for any advice

06-27-2009, 12:30 AM #2
    I have no idea what is up with your remote but, sometimes remotes just die. Give it a firm whack....... does it work after? If it does, its probably a loose connection and its crapping out. Do you have tech skills? Open that thing up and poke around

What kind of aux input is it? One of those wacky vendor specific pronged inputs or just simple red and white rca inputs? If its the regular RCA inputs you can get yourself a headphone to rca splitter (http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Audio-C...6077095&sr=8-2 make sure its long enough!). One end looks like a regular old headphone jack that plugs into the sportster and the other end has the red/white rca plugs on it for the CD player. If its one of those panasonic specific jacks, I am sure they make a converter to convert from weird jack to standard RCA, I have one
    Last edited by clueless; 06-27-2009 at 12:32 AM.

Enthusiast
    07-08-2009, 10:50 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by uzzo2 View Post
    Hello all... New to the forum and have a question about my Sportster 4. I am having an intermittent problem with the remote. It just quits working sometimes, I thought it was the battery so I changed it. That didn't solve the problem, after some experimentation yesterday I found that if I power it off and then back on, it'll start working again. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what was done to solve it. Would also like to find out what the best option would be to hardwire the thing to a panasonic CD player without an auxiliary input since the FM transmitter really stinks. Thanks in advance for any advice
    I think I can help you. Sounds like you may have a remote problem, and replacing it would probably be the best thing to do. Here is a link to a replacement remote: http://www.tss-radio.com/sportster-4...ol-p-5164.html

Also, as for your panasonic cd player you could go with an FM direct adapter. It will plug directly into the antenna port on the back of the panasonic. Here is a link to the product: http://www.tss-radio.com/direct-adap...ay-p-4082.html

09-07-2010, 08:24 AM #4
    I know this thread is old but I wanted to update it. I wound up buying new remotes for my SP4 and my wifes stratus. Still having the same problem even with a new remote, I can have them side by side old and new. When it works, they'll both work and vice versa when it doesn't. It must be something wrong with the receiver itself, I was just wondering if anyone has had this same problem and if there's a fix for it. I have the lifetime subscription so I hate to have to change receivers. But, If I have to wind up doing that, what's the most durable one out right now? I kind of like the stratus I put in the wifes car, it just doesn't have as many features as the SP4.