Page 4 of 26 ... 2345614 ...
    Guru
    06-26-2009, 10:08 AM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post
    I have a feeling Sirius will not be removed from the Russel 2000. There is too much to lose with the trading of this stock and the Russell is mostly based on market cap, not price.
    I think there is a rule that it has to be above $1, but how awesome would it be if they came up with a "SIRI rule" for cap instead of price

Guru
    06-26-2009, 10:09 AM #32
    ok alright ok alright....volume is looking nasty again, yes? 15mill in 40 minutes

Enthusiast
    06-26-2009, 10:11 AM #33
    I'll take nasty!

Mentor
    06-26-2009, 10:13 AM #34
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    This is what I was worried about when the rate hike was announced.

http://industry.bnet.com/technology/...-boost-excuse/

If enough people start drawing attention to this, what happens next?
    "In other words, Sirius XM seems to pick up a hefty monthly premium and deposit it right into its seriously hurting financial picture. Maybe management hopes that no one whips out a calculator."

I think Mel and Malone are smarter than that.( I would hope, although judging by Malones history, we know the law doesnt interest him that much, why hes pushed the tax envelope so close to the line. He seems to know how to avoid paying taxes, and will break laws when the penalty cant match the gains. In his nature to take chances with gray areas. I agree the numbers seem suspiciously close between paying royalties, and generating extra income. Maybe they store the extra money to pay increases due in coming years. This would allow them to keep there increase consistant, and not raise it every time they have to pay more. Just a thought, no idea if they can even do that though.

Mentor
    06-26-2009, 10:14 AM #35
    I think its distasteful that radio stations are announcing tributes for Michael Jackson less than 24 hours later to capitalize on his online death hype. I have seen announcements from Sirius XM and Slacker so far and its just dirty marketing.
    I agree,the F**king Child molestor shouldn't even be getting any mention,end of story,not looking for debate ,done...

Mentor
    06-26-2009, 10:17 AM #36
    I think its distasteful that radio stations are announcing tributes for Michael Jackson less than 24 hours later to capitalize on his online death hype. I have seen announcements from Sirius XM and Slacker so far and its just dirty marketing.
    When Freddie Mercury died, a local radio DJ played Keep yourself alive for 1 hour straight.

Mentor
    06-26-2009, 10:17 AM #37
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    "In other words, Sirius XM seems to pick up a hefty monthly premium and deposit it right into its seriously hurting financial picture. Maybe management hopes that no one whips out a calculator."

I think Mel and Malone are smarter than that.( I would hope, although judging by Malones history, we know the law doesnt interest him that much, why hes pushed the tax envelope so close to the line. He seems to know how to avoid paying taxes, and will break laws when the penalty cant match the gains. In his nature to take chances with gray areas. I agree the numbers seem suspiciously close between paying royalties, and generating extra income. Maybe they store the extra money to pay increases due in coming years. This would allow them to keep there increase consistant, and not raise it every time they have to pay more. Just a thought, no idea if they can even do that though.
    The royalty is based on gross revenue,and since we know it is going to double in the next 5 years minimum,they are covered,also the % incereases
    1/2 percent each year...
    non story...

Mentor
    06-26-2009, 10:18 AM #38
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    I agree,the F**king Child molestor shouldn't even be getting any mention,end of story,not looking for debate ,done...
    +1
    Took the words right out of my mouth. Whats worse is trying to profit on it.
    A week is appropriate time. Let the family bury the man first. Geez.

Mentor
    06-26-2009, 10:18 AM #39

agreed , alot of people will try to cash in somehow, but its the basis of capitalism. find a +EV oppurtunity and go for it.... put on the tv now and all you see is MJ 24 hours a day ...mtv ran a marathon. you have to understand HE IS THE KING OF POP and a GLOBAL ICON...when he walks through a crowd, people faint!!! that is the effect he has on people. all the great artists today say he is a major influence in their work. there is not one successful musician who will deny that. he got caught up in that kiddie shit and that is absolutely disgusting, but from an entertainment aspect of his death, i think it would be more distasteful to not have any tributes to him at all. JMHO

Addict
    06-26-2009, 10:18 AM #40
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    I think there is a rule that it has to be above $1, but how awesome would it be if they came up with a "SIRI rule" for cap instead of price
    Understanding thy have a reverse split on tap at some point, with a market cap of about 3 billion or so, why would you remove it ?

Page 4 of 26 ... 2345614 ...