Page 2 of 17 123412 ...
    Addict
    06-25-2009, 08:37 AM #11
    Howard's rant won't effect SP. Doubt adding Rosie will do anything to SP either. She's kind of washed up, but, who knows. Maybe she'll have a resurgence in popularity, but, she's become and angry, mean spirited 'personality' and has lost her comedic edge. For the sake of SXM, I hope she finds her roots and gets back to being funny and stops the political diatribe where she's short on facts and very long on loud mouth attacks. JMHO.

Mentor
    06-25-2009, 08:40 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by LMaze View Post
    Ben: No he isn't. He's really upset, insists that this remeinds him that he's just an "employee" just like he was a viacom, clear channel and infinity. He really wanted Rosie for his channels. Anyway did you see the press release, Rosie refining women's radio? Rosie's a draw and not limited to women, the whole thing is a joke. The PR note went out at 1201am. Can't these idiots in the marketing department at Sirius ever get anything right?
    Lmaze.you just gave the reason why SXM did it this way,Howard was going to rip them about it and ruin it for them,soi they rushed out a PR.
    Think this is the start of the divorce,they raided one of his choices probably to take over part of his channells...Good job then SXM,take control of your content..Howard had his time and F him for not agreeing to be o n the APP,over money,like we haven't paid him enough already..CYA

Addict
    06-25-2009, 08:41 AM #13
    Sorry....forgot to ask.....why would Howard be pissed? He wants her on SXM, and now she is. Don't really follow that one. Or, could it be staged for some more publicity? That actually makes more sense to me than he being truly angry. Part of Howard's thing has always been to criticize management. Listeners love that crap because it resonates with most people's dislike for management.

Mentor
    06-25-2009, 08:45 AM #14
    It's becoming pretty clear to me Mel is in negotiations with Howard for a while and wanted to knock his pay down in the next contract,then the APP fiasco and Mel probably said we'll see how it does without him before committing anymore money than he wanted to..now Howard is pissed because of the #1 music download ranking and #3 now all app ranking without him...

Addict
    06-25-2009, 08:49 AM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Lmaze.you just gave the reason why SXM did it this way,Howard was going to rip them about it and ruin it for them,soi they rushed out a PR.
    Think this is the start of the divorce,they raided one of his choices probably to take over part of his channells...Good job then SXM,take control of your content..Howard had his time and F him for not agreeing to be o n the APP,over money,like we haven't paid him enough already..CYA
    Except, SXM can't afford for him to leave. He would pull millions of subs away.

Guru
    06-25-2009, 08:55 AM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    Sorry....forgot to ask.....why would Howard be pissed? He wants her on SXM, and now she is. Don't really follow that one. Or, could it be staged for some more publicity? That actually makes more sense to me than he being truly angry. Part of Howard's thing has always been to criticize management. Listeners love that crap because it resonates with most people's dislike for management.
    listeners do love that crap...even on the hip hop channels they dog on the management. Rude Jude said "they fire all these employees and somehow i ended up with more managers" Also, Kay Slay said "Dion Summers is an ahole and can't tell me how to run my show" Dion is the director or something of the hip hop channels.

I realize now why rosie isn't on a howard channel...you can't get them on the iphone. You can however get rosie on the iphone, and the 10:00 slot is almost after howard and when everyone gets to work, perfect for the iphone.

Enthusiast
    06-25-2009, 08:59 AM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    Except, SXM can't afford for him to leave. He would pull millions of subs away.
    HS may very well pull millions of subs, but they wouldn't all be at once. I really believe SXM is preparing for that and focusing on how to replace those lost subs with new subscribers that are not single minded and appreciate the diverse content of SXM.

And honestly, having millions of subscribers that are only customers because of one radio personality is really limiting when it comes to balancing your churn. The fact that the iphone app has been so popular as a download tells me that there is much more out there to advance SXM than HS fans. And as an investor, those are the ones I want as long term customers.

Addict
    06-25-2009, 09:06 AM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriustunes View Post
    HS may very well pull millions of subs, but they wouldn't all be at once. I really believe SXM is preparing for that and focusing on how to replace those lost subs with new subscribers that are not single minded and appreciate the diverse content of SXM.

And honestly, having millions of subscribers that are only customers because of one radio personality is really limiting when it comes to balancing your churn. The fact that the iphone app has been so popular as a download tells me that there is much more out there to advance SXM than HS fans. And as an investor, those are the ones I want as long term customers.
    I agree. It's a matter of timing. SXM can't afford a major hit to subs for a while. It takes time to build up sub growth and they can't afford a major hit prior to showing draw from other content. Prior post by imromo was on the money I think: Rosie on iPhone. That makes sense. If speculation is correct that Howard balked at iPhone, then putting Rosie on other than Howard channels makes perfect sense.

Addict
    06-25-2009, 09:07 AM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    listeners do love that crap...even on the hip hop channels they dog on the management. Rude Jude said "they fire all these employees and somehow i ended up with more managers" Also, Kay Slay said "Dion Summers is an ahole and can't tell me how to run my show" Dion is the director or something of the hip hop channels.

I realize now why rosie isn't on a howard channel...you can't get them on the iphone. You can however get rosie on the iphone, and the 10:00 slot is almost after howard and when everyone gets to work, perfect for the iphone.
    Yup, you are spot on. That makes perfect sense.

06-25-2009, 09:08 AM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    listeners do love that crap...even on the hip hop channels they dog on the management.
    This is because, generally speaking, management sucks.

Page 2 of 17 123412 ...