Page 1 of 17 12311 ...
    Head Honcho
    06-25-2009, 02:17 AM #1

SIRI Intraday thread: Thursday June 25th

In interesting iPhone app news... we now officially have R rated applications.
    http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/06/24...or-the-iphone/
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-25-2009, 07:40 AM #2
    Charles: I really like the Rosie signing. See my long comment on the news article for my reasons, but in the end she will bring compelling radio to SiriusXM and maybe it signals that Oprah's deal will either end or be reworked, thank god!

06-25-2009, 07:57 AM #3
    Good Morning all

Another day, hopefully another .02, as Johnny predicted.
    That would bring us out of the .30's at least. Small gains
    add up I guess.

Have a good day,

Julie

06-25-2009, 08:10 AM #4
    Howard really blasted Scott Greenstein this morning over the Rosie signing, said it was his idea to bring Rosie to Sirius, courted her when she was there, and wanted her for his channels, blasted the rollout of Rosie on the stars channel as inept, wanted to have a big announcement at Sirius or do Letterman, blasted lack of hype, Robin chimed in and noted that doesn't the company want to sell subscriptions, or is the announcement being made to Sirius listeners only. Howard claims he's only an employee and that management knows better and basically ripped them a new one...

Clearest signal yet that he's really done at the end of his contract and maybe he does podcast willie.

He's really pissed and maybe Mel should listen to this. If he does, Scott Greenstein is done and well, he should be.

06-25-2009, 08:17 AM #5
    Average cost per share is .39 on 35k I am looking to unload something today...5k maybe 10k. We have had a nice little run up 5cents in 5 days....book some profits jic we see .32 again. Imvho I think market bs is losing its grip on our stock. Brighter days maybe around the corner for the longs....if you do cash out shares put a limit order in to buy at another point. Nothing wrong with booking profits and starting a new entry point..I would be smashing this rally if I would have unloaded my entire position at .59. Good luck all and move to cash in all other long positions...I think the abyss is about the swallow the markets...I also heard a talking head say "We must test the lows to rebuild a bull market that is truly sustainable." I agree entirely my friend.

Take profits...bird in hand!

Out

06-25-2009, 08:22 AM #6
    Lmaze...I thought Stern was on vacation this week?

I guess not if he is talking about Rosie.

I put 10k on the board @ .4195

Good luck all.

06-25-2009, 08:29 AM #7
    Ben: No he isn't. He's really upset, insists that this remeinds him that he's just an "employee" just like he was a viacom, clear channel and infinity. He really wanted Rosie for his channels. Anyway did you see the press release, Rosie refining women's radio? Rosie's a draw and not limited to women, the whole thing is a joke. The PR note went out at 1201am. Can't these idiots in the marketing department at Sirius ever get anything right?

06-25-2009, 08:30 AM #8
    Howards blast will probably signal a decline in the share price today. You could tell he was pissed

Mentor
    06-25-2009, 08:35 AM #9
    Good Morning everyone here at the Buzz..!!

Nice vol in Pre today and how the hell did they get that 1k trade in at .25 between 2 .40 buys....40 as i type now with 1.4mil vol..

Julie i'll take .05 a week avg from here on out...

Guru
    06-25-2009, 08:36 AM #10
    Im not a big rosie fan, but i understand she has a following...Maybe something will be made of the stars channel if it is big. I think she would have been a good fit to the howard channel, she has a big mouth and could add something imo, maybe i would even listen??

This goes to show how important the branded channels are, Shade, Martha, Oprah, Howard...seems like rosie will get lost on the stars channel, i don't hear much about it, maybe im wrong. Maybe also she will make it popular...

Good news nonetheless. But like said above, I think this Greenstein guy has run his course, where's the big hoopla?!? for crying out loud there should be a commercial out today on daytime TV!! I won't know if there is one though, so if someone sees any advertising let us know.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ...