Page 17 of 17 ... 7151617
    Mentor
    06-26-2009, 12:48 AM #161
    thanx stang...knew it was too good to be true tho...its just a tribute they will do across some channels...not a MJ channel

Mentor
    06-26-2009, 12:50 AM #162
    does anyone have any facts regarding the new bond issue taking out that debt with the lent shares?

hope this uptrend continues , enjoy the ride

Mentor
    06-26-2009, 12:52 AM #163
    Quote Originally Posted by jonpluc@aol.com View Post
    I suspect you havnt listened to Stern for the last 3.5 years or your conveniently forgetting. You remember how many listeners were on Sirius when Howard got here? If you said 600,000 you were right. There is now 18X that just from Sirius alone,(not counting merger) almost all done on Howards watch. Believe me when i tell you Sirius didnt go from getting a hundred thousand subs a year to a million or two a year when HS got here by coincidence.
    Do you realize the amount of cars sold with radios in it in that time? Do you realize how many new car deals theve done in that time? Internet was added, I can go on and on. They would have grown anyway. Maybe not as fast, and Im not discounting what Howard did for the exposure of sat. radio. Not one bit. But if he walks, they are fine. His money can attract enough new listeners to compensate. Go get Tom Leykis and Jim Rhome. Hire Carrot Top, LOL. Ok that was a joke, but you cant force Howard to stay. He will stay if he wants to stay. Does he deserve the same dollars? Of course not. They were trying to outbid XM. Heres there first great synergy coming into play. Terrestrial radio cant pay him enough, and he wont go back to it. His own delivery service is an option for him, but he will lose listeners simply due to loss of other content. Im sure there are thousands of casual listeners who listen a few times a week, but wouldnt cancel if he left. You cant take his listener numbers, and say theres how many who will cancel. A lot of those are possible life time payers anyway. Or might have bought for Howard, and now love it too much to get rid of it. I think Howard stays, and this is all about money. Mel and him will work it out.

Guru
    06-26-2009, 01:18 AM #164

Just a thought

Here comes the b.s. lol

Look at the chart that I posted. Over the last six months SIRI has made a successful gaining effort. Yes there are dips, but it has been progressing. It may or may not succeed , but give the chart a chance instead of relying on Micro issues. JMHO....Stand back further and look at the forest instead of trying to walk between the trees for an answer. (Ah, I love the Zen of things)

Bill
    Last edited by billhart22; 06-26-2009 at 01:22 AM.

Mentor
    06-26-2009, 02:46 AM #165
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    does anyone have any facts regarding the new bond issue taking out that debt with the lent shares?

hope this uptrend continues , enjoy the ride
    They name specific debt they will be removing, but leave the wording open ended for others. All tied to the XM side though, leaving the door open for a possible 2014 bond buyout. They will replace the debt with similar rates, but no shares lent for shorting. Float would immediately have 200 million less shares in it. No facts however to support that they will put the money there. Were are all just hoping.

Addict
    06-26-2009, 08:44 AM #166
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    I respectfully disagree. If they wanted a comedian they wouldn't have
    hired Rosie for a talk show, 2 hours long. Remember when she was on
    the View? It seemed the show was ho hum until she became host. She
    was constantly outspoken, outrageous and thought provoking and the
    show seemed to surge in popularity because of her.
    I watched the View very seldom but I was constantly reading about
    something she was ranting about. And isn't that what it is all
    about, the publicity? Just my opinion.

Julie
    Right. My point was about the news of contracting with Rosie and how I didn't expect it to affect SP, not related to her ultimate success or failure on SXM. Now that SP went up a lot yesterday, one could argue that I was wrong, and the Rosie news had a positive impact. Perhaps. But, I think yesterday's rise was more about the very positive news on the increased investor interest in the bond issue. I do believe Rosie will bring in subs, whether its due to her comedic talent (not so much lately) or her outrageous loud mouth opinions.

Addict
    06-26-2009, 08:52 AM #167
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    I disagree. I think he would result in no more than 1 million cancellations. Now factor in his contract.... That money can now be spend on other talent...
    What did you really lose? now if its 2 or 3 million, thats probably not a gamble they would take. If they felt this was the case, I doubt they would be doing anything to piss him off. But they cant allow Howard to dictate there future anymore. Those days are gone. Its grown beyond him now.
    My point about Howard is not long term, but short term. Eventually he will leave one way or the other. It's about timing. The last thing we need as shareholders NOW is uncertainty over his intentions, or outright statements that he's leaving. It would be perceived by the street as a big negative. That's all I'm sayin'.

Mentor
    06-26-2009, 09:54 AM #168
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    My point about Howard is not long term, but short term. Eventually he will leave one way or the other. It's about timing. The last thing we need as shareholders NOW is uncertainty over his intentions, or outright statements that he's leaving. It would be perceived by the street as a big negative. That's all I'm sayin'.
    Not an issue as of today. Howard has been spouting off about retirement for over 10 years now. He is a creature of habit, if I have learned nothign else about the man. Insecure, and a creature of habit. He is willing to take chances with his career, but hes never taken a step back before. His own distribution would be a HUGE step back from SiriusXM. Exposure wise, and money wise. He is also unwilling to risk being embarrassed by a failure to launch his own service. Hence why hes only ever made one movie. It was a big hit, and hes too scared to try again. Hes more afraid of failure at this stage in his career, than breaking new ground. Only people making an issue of Howard right now is Howard, and investors who dont understand Howard, or how he acts.

Page 17 of 17 ... 7151617