Page 9 of 11 ... 7891011
    Head Honcho
    06-25-2009, 12:01 AM #81
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Still the #1 music app. A game beat it out. Big deal. Your not serious with this post are you? Sometimes its hard to detect sarcasm online.
    Why would I not be serious? Do you think that down is a good direction for this application to be heading? That drop in rank is a drop in downloads and a drop in downloads is a drop in possible conversions.

You say "big deal?"
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    06-25-2009, 12:03 AM #82
    Quote Originally Posted by bullsirius View Post
    the most interesting thing about the sirxm app moving down to #3 wasnt the sirxm app move but the pdra apps movement. the day after the sirxm app was released the pdra app was at 25. then after all the griping it moved up to #9. i guess it got attn from all its mentions from the sirixm complaints. but then stedily started back down. its back down to 13 now.
    Hilarious. A free app is still being downloaded less than a free promo app with a price tag attached. 1 week later now. If this continues, that will be a huge score for SiriusXM over their "competition" in the music app category.

Mentor
    06-25-2009, 12:06 AM #83
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Why would I not be serious? Do you think that down is a good direction for this application to be heading? That drop in rank is a drop in downloads and a drop in downloads is a drop in possible conversions.

You say "big deal?"
    Music apps is all that matters, its a free game vs a promo download. I would be surprised it they stayed #1 overall yes, I would be. As long as they stay #1, or just ahead of Slacker and Pandora Im happy. So no, its isnt a big deal. YOu cant expect there first week pace to continue. If Howard comes on, then it will go up huge again for a while, or if they upgrade it, or lauch a promotional campaign, with TV, etc...
    No, Im not worried a free game app that gets more than one type of customer type, taking over #2.

Head Honcho
    06-25-2009, 12:06 AM #84
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    As far as brand new $13 subs,if we get a 10% take rate i would be exstatic.
    If you are downloading this APP ,it is already 90% sold in my opinion....
    You think they are going to convert 10% of the downloads? That would be an astronomically high conversion rate, I would be more then happy with that as well. When it comes to online free vs paid web apps or online sales in general 0.5% is considered good and 1% is amazing.

I can't speak about iPhone apps specifically, I am just stating what I know about online marketing conversion rates.

Charles,your such a wonk somtimes
    Why am I a "wonk?" Because I want the app to hold its high ranking?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    06-25-2009, 12:08 AM #85
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    You think they are going to convert 10% of the downloads? That would be an astronomically high conversion rate, I would be more then happy with that as well. When it comes to online free vs paid web apps or online sales in general 0.5% is considered good and 1% is amazing.

I can't speak about iPhone apps specifically, I am just stating what I know about online marketing conversion rates.
    Im happy if 5% become completely new subs. But I would like the 2.99 charge to get more than 10 percent, thats for sure. I would want 30 percent at least. I dont think that is unreasonable.

Head Honcho
    06-25-2009, 12:11 AM #86
    Music apps is all that matters, its a free game vs a promo download. I would be surprised it they stayed #1 overall yes, I would be. As long as they stay #1, or just ahead of Slacker and Pandora Im happy. So no, its isnt a big deal. YOu cant expect there first week pace to continue. If Howard comes on, then it will go up huge again for a while, or if they upgrade it, or lauch a promotional campaign, with TV, etc...
    No, Im not worried a free game app that gets more than one type of customer type, taking over #2.
    So, the music apps are all that matters? The fact that the overall downloads pop could be wearing off already doesn't bother you? You dont want them to have as many downloads as possible? I am suprised by this, I would think that you of all people would want that app as high as it possibly could be since it seemed so important the day that it hit #2 on the list. I know it was important to me.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    06-25-2009, 12:13 AM #87
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrunningfool View Post
    LOL Johnny. Charles a "wonk". He has beat this "app" theme to death. I mean it fell from 2 to 3.............................. I figured if it was number 20 then that would be a failure. But heh he travels in high tech circles and expects a lot from the tech side. Me, I'm just glad we seem to have found some mojo for now. To Sirius Stock.
    I certainly never said it was a failure. The conversion rate will tell the story (but they wont tell me that), I am just reporting that it dropped a spot. If you read my post, I also say that I am not happy about it and that I hope it pops back up.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    06-25-2009, 12:17 AM #88
    Im happy if 5% become completely new subs. But I would like the 2.99 charge to get more than 10 percent, thats for sure. I would want 30 percent at least. I dont think that is unreasonable.
    I hope you guys are right, I still think that 5% is WAY too high. That would mean 25k subs in 4 days or likely 50k new subs by now.

1% new subs would be a smashing success from an online standpoint IMHO.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Addict
    06-25-2009, 12:18 AM #89
    Just read that Rosie O'donnell will be hosting a show on satellite radio.
    I believe she has quite a following.

Mentor
    06-25-2009, 12:25 AM #90
    [QUOTE=julietoo;38349]

Good day. I had to work and of course the battle of the thermostat
    commenced. I, along with several others was hot. After all it was
    95 outside. And the other half stood shivering. Just because
    we dialed it down to 55. So a lot of pushing and shoving started
    as we all tried to adjust it. It wasn't pretty. Our team won.

Julie
    Thats funny Julie,a real Cat fight broke out!! yes it is funny how some are freezing and other people are hot,there is no compromise i've come to learn..

Page 9 of 11 ... 7891011