Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
Results 101 to 109 of 109

Thread: SIRI Intraday thread: Wednesday June 24th

  1. #101
    SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,514
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Of course its important to be as high as possible. But no, Im not worried that apps totals die off from the launch date.
    Me neither but, I worry that it could POSSIBLY be happening so fast.

    Do you not remember me saying that of course the app was ranked so high because it was the launch day? When I said that people jumped down my thought but, now its a convenient explanation to the drop off? You guys can't have it both ways IMHO.

    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Charles
    Just because it dropped from #2 to #3 doesn't mean downloads have dropped off. Could be that this free game is being downloaded by the 25M ipod touch (8-15 year old) users. Once the game app is a hit...spread like crazy...As long as Siri app remains #1 music app...things are good.
    I totally agree, which is why I orginally questioned the move in my first post. I am wondering if this a sign or just a flux. Funny how when it moved up from 4, to 3, to 2 not one person questioned if Sirius XM was increasing in popularity or the 2, 3, and 4 app were just dropping. Funny how that works

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Charles,basically what i was saying is that this is new territory here,we don't have alot of Paid only apps out there to compare it to and if someone takes the time and effort to download it they are probably going to buy it for a while after 7 day trial.
    I guess this is where we will have to disagree and wait and see. I dont think it would be crazy if 50% of the app downloads never even use the free 7 day trial. Can anyone comment on how simple the trial process is? As an average user, do you feel like you have jump through hoops?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    wonk (wngk)
    n. Slang
    1. A student who studies excessively; a grind.
    2. One who studies an issue or a topic thoroughly or excessively: "leading a talkathon of policy wonks in a methodical effort to build consensus for his programs" (Michael Kranish).
    I get it... I am questioning the negative connotation. Just because I alerted people of the drop off? Is there seriously an opinion that I want to see this company fail? I think we need to do more radio shows because what I write is constantly taken in a negative fashion when I want nothing more then to see this company succeed. I feel like I have to constantly remind you guys but, just in case you havent noticed... I do own a very popular website dedicated to Sirius XM and I have been a shareholder of this stock for 4 years.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  2. #102
    just sirius is offline
    Mentor
    just sirius's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Location: San Antonio Posts: 1,181
    Charles

    I think 50% may be alittle high...could see 25%...Can't speak for the ease in getting the free trial started...don't have an Iphone. I also believe...that many of the negative ratings of the app come from bashers who just want to cont to F...k with SiriusXM for whatever reason, financial, disgruntled...whatever.

    No matter what the final outcome...SiriusXM app has gotten plenty of free publicity for the company!

  3. #103
    just sirius is offline
    Mentor
    just sirius's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Location: San Antonio Posts: 1,181
    Charles

    FWIW- again, it boils down to the underlying tone to your posts. We've gone round and round about the wording in your posts and articles...It all comes back to your choice of words! ya i do sometimes question your motives when I read some of your stuff! You tend to fall on the negative side...maybe devils advocate...or maybe just pissed because you have been a longtime shareholder...don't know...just an observation!

  4. #104
    SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,514
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Charles

    I think 50% may be alittle high...could see 25%...Can't speak for the ease in getting the free trial started...don't have an Iphone. I also believe...that many of the negative ratings of the app come from bashers who just want to cont to F...k with SiriusXM for whatever reason, financial, disgruntled...whatever.

    No matter what the final outcome...SiriusXM app has gotten plenty of free publicity for the company!
    I think 50% is conservative. I downloaded the application to my computer the night it was released and so can you right now if you like. It could just sit there forever. Also, if they 7 day free trial isnt simple or a cc is required, no kids that thought they might get something for free will be able to utilize the app.

    The negative ratings see to be coming from genuinely aggravated Sirius XM/Stern fans. It would be hard to fake 20k+ reviews not to mention, I am sure Apple has built in protection to stop automated ratings.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  5. #105
    SiriusBuzz is offline
    Head Honcho
    SiriusBuzz's Avatar
    Joined: May 2007 Posts: 2,514
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Charles

    FWIW- again, it boils down to the underlying tone to your posts. We've gone round and round about the wording in your posts and articles...It all comes back to your choice of words! ya i do sometimes question your motives when I read some of your stuff! You tend to fall on the negative side...maybe devils advocate...or maybe just pissed because you have been a longtime shareholder...don't know...just an observation!
    Could it be the general craving of the SIRI crowd that only wants to hear good things? People like me when I say good things

    You guys really question my motives because I am critical? You guys should be questioning the people who write ONLY positive or ONLY negative articles and trade this stock like a hot potato... that is who I would be worrying about. Unlike a lot of other news sources, you can contact me, I use my real name, and my domain is registered under my real address. Why question the one guy that, although wants the company to succeed, is still willing to write about the company in the same unbiased manner for 4 years straight?

    I know that your feelings are your feelings, but I just dont get it. Love me or hate me, I am not changing for anyone. I could start writing only positive fluff pieces tomorrow and the traffic to this website would double... no thanks, I'm not selling out.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

  6. #106
    nisvan is offline
    Charles,

    You help keep this group balanced, and you
    help keep it from becoming a siri total mutual admiration
    society.

    Don't change. Your inputs to the forum are vital,
    welcome and insightful.


    nisvan

  7. #107
    SiriMonkey is offline
    [QUOTE=SiriusBuzz;38397]Could it be the general craving of the SIRI crowd that only wants to hear good things? People like me when I say good things

    I like you either way Charles, when you say good or bad.
    But I like you a little bit better when it's good.

    Julie

  8. #108
    trippingthespeculatingpos is offline
    Guru
    trippingthespeculatingpos's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Location: San Antonio Posts: 2,884
    Moody's: About $775M Of Sirius XM Debt Instruments Affected
    Last update: 6/25/2009 6:50:47 PM
    (MORE TO FOLLOW) Dow Jones Newswires (201-938-5400)
    June 25, 2009 18:50 ET (22:50 GMT)



    WE GOT MORE NEWS TO COME, HOLPEFULLY AN UPGRADE OR SOMETHING

  9. #109
    relmor2003 is offline
    Mentor
    relmor2003's Avatar
    Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 1,937
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    Moody's: About $775M Of Sirius XM Debt Instruments Affected
    Last update: 6/25/2009 6:50:47 PM
    (MORE TO FOLLOW) Dow Jones Newswires (201-938-5400)
    June 25, 2009 18:50 ET (22:50 GMT)



    WE GOT MORE NEWS TO COME, HOLPEFULLY AN UPGRADE OR SOMETHING
    I think they are just regrading some of SiriusXM debt due to more secured debt vs. unsecured debt, shift in balance. Its a non news event for the stock price. The grade the new debt got was all that mattered. Moodys isnt changing their corporate rating, just the individual bonds.

  10. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •