Page 1 of 12 12311 ...
    Guru
    06-21-2009, 10:26 PM #1

SIRI Intraday Thread: Monday, June 22, 2009

will the momentum carry over from friday afternoon? will howard man up and make the plunge to iphone? will we regain the .40's? will tripp's hangover go away tomorrow? all these questions and more will be answered this week.

06-21-2009, 10:39 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    will the momentum carry over from friday afternoon? will howard man up and make the plunge to iphone? will we regain the .40's? will tripp's hangover go away tomorrow? all these questions and more will be answered this week.
    Hi Tripp,

Eager to start the week much? I think the reason you were
    MIA has been answered. lol.
    Feel better.

Julie

Mentor
    06-21-2009, 10:49 PM #3
    Hey Tripps, I have a nagging feeling, which I dont get much, that the more patient investors tomorrow are the ones that are going to be rewarded. Big Ben and me might be at a disadvantage. What I dont know, is what is the effect of Apple investors coming over to SiriusXM trade, and Apple followers. What effect does Fast Money have on a stock? Is the no Howard hangover over? I think it is, because the ranking on their free downloads is arguable just as high as it would have been. I mean you dont get better than #1. #1 to the street, as we already assumed by Fast Money, they are not technologically savy. If they are a hot download, and it could increase subs with practically no cost to acquire, the street just might take a chance now at .40 cents and higher, vs. only biting when the low .30s were hit. But I will be watching the level 2 action closely, to try to figure out what might happen tomorrow. Volume will be important, as well as the ability to figure out if ISEG, CINN, and BATS start dumping shares at a certain price. Also if you see them more than happy to let retail sellers sell, its going higher.
    Im guessing we open trading at .405 area in regular hours. Runs to .44 and we have our first pause. What happens here is critical to the rest of the day. Volume is critical here too. If we dont get to at least 10-15 million by 1 hour in, good chance there might be a pullback somewhere in the day. I see a good chance of heavy late day buying volume as well, but this will depend on what the price is at the time. Higher it is, the more likely the selling volume might match or beat these buys, setting up a down day for the next day. Traders are more likely to book profits at lower levels more than ever, due to 3 months of stagnant trading.

Guru
    06-21-2009, 10:57 PM #4
    yeah, no sh@t where the f* has everyone been, hope you enjoyed your weekends off, lol

We need some really good news in AM to continue the run IMO. I think the whole deal has worn off in the minds....maybe .40 will hold, some good news like hitting #1 overall app or Howard being on the app would be nice to see.
    I would like to see some positive pr from SIRI about how many downloads they have had....to keep momentum going, and then we would get some numbers early next week on how many trials were turned into subs.

Sirius XM owes the investors a bone on this one...come on MEL, feed the streets

Guru
    06-21-2009, 11:06 PM #5
    yeah had a house warming party, i think the jello shots are what did me in, i mean i didnt get that drunk, but mixing beer and liquor usually gives me the headache its just hard to say no to a jello shot.

Guru
    06-22-2009, 12:06 AM #6
    we got an upgrade from ford equity, from sell to hold. not bad.

Head Honcho
    06-22-2009, 01:02 AM #7
    Ugh, over 70% (13,000) of the Sirius XM iPhone reviews are 1 star. Reading the reviews is depressing.

IF Howard Stern was looking for more money by holding out... looks like he just might get it.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    06-22-2009, 01:14 AM #8
    ROMO...you just gave us the hex from hell printing [COLOR="Lime"]GREEN [COLOR="lime"] but the way this pig moves who knows.....RELMOR....they don't get any nuttier than you but i agree with your last post....GLTA LONGS
    Last edited by tucknroll; 06-22-2009 at 01:18 AM.

Addict
    06-22-2009, 06:48 AM #9
    XM Satellite Radio Inc., a unit of
    Sirius XM Radio
    (SIRI), will offer $350 million of 4-year senior secured notes to institutional buyers so the debt-ridden company can repay other debt.
    Heavily indebted Sirius has been posting losses and fighting to avoid a bankruptcy filing for some time. In February it received $350 million in high-interest loans from Liberty Media Corp. and its controlling shareholder and chairman John Malone, in exchange for stock and seats on the company's board.
    Companies large and small have been returning to the credit and equity markets in recent weeks amid returned investor interest, to either pay down or refinance debt.
    The Liberty deal blocked rival satellite mogul Charles Ergen, who was a majority holder of some of Sirius's maturing debt, from gaining control of satellite radio. Ergen controls rivals EchoStar and Dish Network Corp. (DISH), which is the satellite television rival to DirecTV group, which in turn is majority owned by Liberty Media.
    Sirius has been struggling under a heavy debt load and slowing subscriber growth. The company's fate also is tied to the U.S. car industry, since the struggling Detroit three have deals to make cars equipped for its products.
    After Sirius' merger with XM was approved last July, it began planning to refinance its debt. Yet within weeks of the deal's close, the financial crisis began to envelop Wall Street, making it all but impossible for companies to tap the credit markets

Mentor
    06-22-2009, 07:06 AM #10
    here is a link to Sworn's story about debt offer...

http://money.aol.com/rtn/pr/xm-satel...822?channel=pf

Page 1 of 12 12311 ...