Page 9 of 12 ... 7891011 ...
    Enthusiast
    06-23-2009, 08:43 PM #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    Downhill? Isn't that bad, wouldn't we want to be headed uphill? Unless you are referring to speed and momentum...
    uphill is where we have been, downhill has just started, a few turns here and there to avoid all the darts being shot....this is going to be an enjoyable summer...once mo starts everyone once to join

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    06-23-2009, 08:54 PM #82
    MO? Sorry you may have to bear with me as I am not up to speed with all the lingo nor do I have a whole lot of knowledge about technical investing. This is a good example of my life at the moment

Guru
    06-23-2009, 08:54 PM #83

Reason for non compliance is a doozy

It because now we have an insider to the senate....

http://www.radioink.com/Article.asp?...=24698#Scene_1

NEW YORK -- June 23, 2009: Jeffrey Zients was confirmed by the Senate Friday as the Deputy Director of the U.S. Office of Management and Budget and has therefore resigned from Sirius XM Radio's board of directors.
    Sirius XM says in an SEC filing that it has notified Nasdaq that, now having seven independent directors, it is no longer in compliance with Nasdaq listing rules. But the satcaster says it will, as the rules require, be back in compliance with the independent-director requirement before its next annual stockholders' meeting or June 22, 2010, whichever comes first.

Enthusiast
    06-23-2009, 09:18 PM #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    MO? Sorry you may have to bear with me as I am not up to speed with all the lingo nor do I have a whole lot of knowledge about technical investing. This is a good example of my life at the moment
    Sorry, i'm watching my Dodgers.....mo (momentum) cannot be stopped once started, human nature to jump in...everyone loves belonging to a winner!!...no tech to it...tech is when to bail
    Last edited by tucknroll; 06-23-2009 at 09:21 PM.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    06-23-2009, 09:21 PM #85
    Lol thanks,

Mentor
    06-23-2009, 09:54 PM #86
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    hey relmor , that spike we got to 63...was it on same day of s&p credit upgrade, day after , do you recall the time lapse?
    It was the very same day. I think it came out the night before, after hours.
    First spike from .17 to .40 was off the Iphone app announcement. Then it spiked from .40 to .63 on the Cramer coverage. It spike to like .40 something on the sand p upgrade and it was very swift. It spiked up to .53 on pre CC anticipation from Q1. And it spiked to .44 cents on the iphone release. I think that is all the spikes and why. I do remember the s and p upgrade giving dramatic results very quickly. What will cause the next spike? Thats the million dollar question.

06-23-2009, 11:30 PM #87

doctorex speaks

doctorex speaks:

dear mr. irish,

thank you for your detailed post which seems to show that gaap profit may be around the corner. (not a garbage metric, like ebitda, but real, honest gaap!)

doctorex wants to know: the 7-cent per share negative charge in Q1 is non-recurring, correct? because, if so, then you can mentally slip it off the bottom line, and voila, instant gaap profit of 6 cents per share for Q1.

what would the buyers do if actual, honest gaap profitability were announced? it may be coming soon.

buy! buy! buy!

doctorex has spoken.

Addict
    06-24-2009, 12:53 AM #88
    This stock may get to .50 - 60 cents in the next month or so leading up to the end of July 2Q earnings call, but I am starting to blieve it is a Howard Stern story once again.

I think they are in intense negotiations with him to lock him up for at least another 3 year extension and giving access to Iphone/Itouch users is part of his negotiating tactic that's on the table.

An anouncement of him being available on the Apple app in conjunction with a 3 year extension may send this stock over $ 1.00 in 1 day.

Mentor
    06-24-2009, 08:32 AM #89
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorex View Post
    doctorex speaks:

dear mr. irish,

thank you for your detailed post which seems to show that gaap profit may be around the corner. (not a garbage metric, like ebitda, but real, honest gaap!)

doctorex wants to know: the 7-cent per share negative charge in Q1 is non-recurring, correct? because, if so, then you can mentally slip it off the bottom line, and voila, instant gaap profit of 6 cents per share for Q1.

what would the buyers do if actual, honest gaap profitability were announced? it may be coming soon.

buy! buy! buy!

doctorex has spoken.
    The .06 loss for Liberty deal in 1Q is a one time occurrence,correct..but 1Q was still a loss of( .01) without it.so going forward you are correct we are heading to Real GAAp profit...

Guru
    06-24-2009, 08:36 AM #90
    but the analyst estimate was for -.02 correct? so we actually beat the estimate at -.01....dang i can't wait until we don't have to justify through deduction...

Page 9 of 12 ... 7891011 ...