3. although #2 is synergies synergies is one thing, but having 2 times the
    bandwidth WHO-AH!
    4. Liberty media...i think we just had 2
    mergers in the last year
    5. When Mel and company say "We
    are profitable"
    6. Economy turns around (i think its
    happened but ill wait until its announced, and then wait at
    least another quarter after that announcement)
    7. Auto industry posts better numbers so close, bk's almost done chrysler starting production again

06-19-2009, 02:07 AM #2
    http://www.indiantelevision.com/rele...y/mayrel36.htm

Okay, this is what I was trying to tell everyone on Satwaves the other night. Not many wanted to believe me.

This is going to be huge!

Addict
    06-19-2009, 02:15 AM #3
    Congress just passed "cash for clunkers" bill. People can trade in old cars that
    get below 18 MPG and get a voucher for up to $4,500 toward a purchase of a
    new car that gets better mileage. There are a # of details which i havent explained so go online and read the fine print. The point is that the car companies were pushing for this as they expect it to spur new car sales.
    It should be a definite positive for SXM.

06-19-2009, 08:07 AM #4
    Good Morning all,

Wake up! Another thrilling day of Sirius. The one question that
    has baffled me came from a previous post. At the stockholders
    meeting a board was shown with the Sirius app on the IPhone.
    Supposedly it showed Howard 100/101 on the phone. Why would
    that be on there, at the shareholders meeting no less, if it weren't
    so?

Julie

Mentor
    06-19-2009, 08:39 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Good Morning all,

Wake up! Another thrilling day of Sirius. The one question that
    has baffled me came from a previous post. At the stockholders
    meeting a board was shown with the Sirius app on the IPhone.
    Supposedly it showed Howard 100/101 on the phone. Why would
    that be on there, at the shareholders meeting no less, if it weren't
    so?

Julie
    Good Morning Julie,asnd in one word (Assumed) as in the Mother of all F'ed ups...they thought they wouldn't have a problem with Mobil rights with Howard,obviously they were wrong!!!!

Is everyone ready for the Fireworks show? Oh that's right that was last week or so...Pre is up to .36 so far with 370k vol....
    Who knows where we go today but i'm think .37 to .38 with a few stops in the .40's...JMHO no real facts to go on...

06-19-2009, 08:42 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    Congress just passed "cash for clunkers" bill. People can trade in old cars that
    get below 18 MPG and get a voucher for up to $4,500 toward a purchase of a
    new car that gets better mileage. There are a # of details which i havent explained so go online and read the fine print. The point is that the car companies were pushing for this as they expect it to spur new car sales.
    It should be a definite positive for SXM.
    I've been waiting for this to trade in my 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 280K+ miles, but apparently it is a model of fuel efficiency at 16MPG and I do not qualify. (different Fuel standards for SUV's). They won't let me trade in an SUV for a car. Only SUV for SUV and the cutoff is 15 MPG for SUVs/pickups....kind of dumb. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Guru
    06-19-2009, 08:49 AM #7
    GO GREEN!

As noted, premarket is up. Futures are up. It's Friday. C'mon Street, let's have a party!

06-19-2009, 08:57 AM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by noffke3000 View Post
    I've been waiting for this to trade in my 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 280K+ miles, but apparently it is a model of fuel efficiency at 16MPG and I do not qualify. (different Fuel standards for SUV's). They won't let me trade in an SUV for a car. Only SUV for SUV and the cutoff is 15 MPG for SUVs/pickups....kind of dumb. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
    OK. . .I can understand a lower mpg cutofff for SUVs. But not allowing somebody to turn in a 16 mpg SUV for a 30+mpg car is just stupid, unless lowering the US' carbon footprint wasn't the point.

06-19-2009, 09:09 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by RunCatalina View Post
    OK. . .I can understand a lower mpg cutofff for SUVs. But not allowing somebody to turn in a 16 mpg SUV for a 30+mpg car is just stupid, unless lowering the US' carbon footprint wasn't the point.
    I think the point was to jump start the auto industry....which will be good for Sirius XM. I just wanted to point out that like most things the government does, it is going to leave a lot of people standing in the cold. I am still getting a car, but it won't be a nice shiny new one with a SXM receiver in it. The fuel efficiency was just a bone they threw to the environmentalists. I could be wrong on the details, but I am pretty sure that this is how it will work.

Addict
    06-19-2009, 09:29 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by noffke3000 View Post
    Congress = Dumb

That's a fact you can always bet on. Everything those morons do is screwed up, especially when it comes to the various 'cutoff levels' they establish for just about everything. My favorites are those that set monetary levels and tax rates, where they completely miss the reality of those who live in large metro areas. $50k income in Mississippi is a helluva lot different than $50k in NY, Phila, Boston, etc. Ridiculous. So, no surprise that they screw this one up too.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ...