Page 21 of 35 ... 11192021222331 ...
    Addict
    06-24-2009, 10:00 PM #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Looks like a great list of links - is this where you get some of your info? - dumb question - you obviously posted it. Thanks for sharing, I'll try to pop up some more of my fave free ones later. But again, they mostly deal with the general market and typical growth stocks, I'm not really a penny guy, its just fun hanging around this board, and trying to get a few zero cost average stocks is never a bad thing.
    Don't worry Doc. We'll convert you to a penny trader in no time. :-)

Guru
    06-24-2009, 10:07 PM #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Looks like a great list of links - is this where you get some of your info? - dumb question - you obviously posted it. Thanks for sharing, I'll try to pop up some more of my fave free ones later. But again, they mostly deal with the general market and typical growth stocks, I'm not really a penny guy, its just fun hanging around this board, and trying to get a few zero cost average stocks is never a bad thing.
    The guy does an incredible job and delivers it after market every day. I have done a lot with that blog.

We get wild and run in tangents. We have only been doing pennies for a few months. It was a complete trip getting into them, but we didn't have the advantage of anybody showing us (Ray, Tony and I) anything. We had to learn them by ourselves.

It is a completely different world. We are looking for cash...not stash, lol. Well, we want to stash the money that we make..right into another stock.

There is just so much leverage. I don't even believe it is time for dividend stocks yet. The market is still too green and is still going down.

We started off with a couple of really dumb ones, then we bought and sold ones that are now worth a fortune. We made a few mistakes along the way, but have pretty well adjusted now.

Besides that, pennies are fun and a guy can make so much money with them.

A few hundred can equal many thousands of dollars.

I have personally bought growth stocks in the $20's in the past, but I like cheaper ones better, like OCNF, EGLE, FREE, DRYS when they are cheap.

Right now though, it is pennies. Little investment and potential great returns.

Mentor
    06-24-2009, 10:07 PM #203
    I see they have FAS and FAZ on this one...

just a word of advice, these double/triple leveraged deals use options and swaps to move the price, and try to match the *daily* moves - not the overall trend.

so take two that are supposed to be opposite right now and look at a long term chart -

you'll see a big swoop down on both! they should be opposite, one goes up while the other goes down - and they do, on a daily basis, plot one over the other, but the intermediate/long term trends are often the SAME. Its because they are more correlated to the VIX then the underlying instruments.

Just look at a chart of DIG vs. DUG or FAS vs. FAZ, then look at the VIX.

Therefore, if they don't correct this problem, it seems you could almost go long in either bull or bearish for the longer term, provided the VIX is in an uptrend.

Check it:

http://tinyurl.com/ngrj98

so watch out - a lot of folks don't understand this cause they don't play options.

Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Stock Market Analysis

Stocks to Watch - 6/25/09 - Stock Market Ideas

Direxion Daily Financial Bear 3X Shares (FAZ)
    Daily Finan. Bull 3X Shs(ETF)(FAS) - FAS rallied back with the stock market on Wednesday, hitting up against the $8.80 resistance level. Pullbacks to the $8.60 area have been bought heavily since breaking back up through that level. FAS will have some resistance between $9.00-$9.20 but after that there really isn't anything until about $9.80-$10. If FAS gets back to $10 anytime soon, I will be buying FAZ stock. So the plan? Started buying into FAS below $8.20, start buying FAZ when FAS gets near $10.

Citigroup Inc (C:NYSE) - Citigroup stock continues to perform strong after hitting $2.90 Tuesday and then bouncing back over $3. Citigroup now has resistance at $3.15, $3.22, and $3.29....a close above these levels would be bullish and you could probably see a run back into the $3.50's. A break below $2.90 would be very bearish and I would look for $2.60-$2.80.

Bank of America Corp ( BAC ) - Bank of America Corporation continues to be strong over $12 per share. I see no reason to sell BAC stock unless it breaks back below $12 again.

Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan (NYSE: POT) - Potash traded up to $95.35 on Wednesday but had serious trouble in the $94's. I think POT is a strong buy below $90.

MTM Technologies Inc. (MTMC) - Shares of MTMC were up almost 300% after the company received a big order from the US Dept of Navy. MTMC was then halted for news pending at 1:45pm EST of Wednesday. Keep an eye on this situation.

Spherix Inc. (SPEX) - Spherix Announces Positive Phase 2 Study Results - SPEX stock up 125% - worth watching Thursday

Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc. (HEB) - Still waiting on an FDA decision out of HEB for CFS drug Ampligen - HEB traded back above $2 for some of the day on Wednesday. Resistance - $2.10, Support - $1.50

Cell Therapeutics, Inc. (CTIC) - CTIC right now is dead money, not going up much, not going down much. I am waiting to get back in CTIC stock when the volume comes back. I will be looking for good news, high pre market volume, the stock higher, and daily volume to be above 50 million. I also want to buy on a break above $1.85...that is the magic number right now.

SpongeTech Delivery Systems, Inc. (SPNG.OB) - Caution, Caution - SPNG is no longer going up on good news. The volume is dying down as well. A break below $0.13 would be bearish going forward. Be careful out there! If the volume comes back and SPNG breaks up through $0.18, I will be a buyer.

Buy the Dip - Below is a list of stocks I would be buying on any strong pullback.

Visa Inc. (NYSE: V)
    MasterCard (MA)
    Apple (AAPL)
    First Solar (FSLR)
    McDonald's Corporation (MCD)
    Continental Resources Inc. (CLR)
    Hess Corp ( HES )
    Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (FCX)
    Pyramid Oil Company ( PDO )
    AgFeed Industries ( FEED )
    Fuel Systems Solutions, Inc. (FSYS)
    STEC, Inc. (STEC)
    Huntington Bancshares Inc. (HBAN)

Other Stocks to Watch - June 25, 2009

American Greetings Corp. (AM)
    Uranium Energy Corp. (UEC)
    Crosstex Energy Inc. (XTXI)
    Crosstex Energy LP (XTEX)
    Sonic Corp. (SONC)
    MGM Mirage (MGM)
    OncoGenex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (OGXI)
    Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (SPPI)
    CTC Media, Inc (CTCM)

Penny Stocks to Watch - 6/25/09

Wabash National Corp. (WNC)
    Arrowhead Research Corp. (ARWR)
    Eddie Bauer Holdings, Inc. (EBHI)
    Leading Brands Inc. (LBIX)
    Active Power Inc. (ACPW)
    YRC Worldwide Inc. (YRCW)
    Conolog Corp. (CNLG)
    ValueVision Media Inc. (VVTV)
    Nextwave Wireless Inc. (WAVE)

OTC & Pink Sheets Stocks to Watch - 6/25/09

Discuss these at http://stockstobuy.org

Pop N Go Inc. (POPN.PK)
    Ingen Technologies, Inc. (IGNT.PK)
    Purespectrum, Inc. (PSPM.PK)
    MAGELLAN ENERGY NEW (MGLG.PK)
    EAGLE ROCK ENTERPRIS (EREI.PK)
    Neah Power Systems, Inc. (NPWS.OB)
    VITAL PRODUCTS, INC. (VTLP.OB)
    eDOORWAYS Corporation (EDWY.PK)
    IDEAL FINANCIAL SOL (IFSL.PK)

Guru
    06-24-2009, 10:29 PM #204

With all stocks

With all stocks - I always look at a year, six months, three months, a month, 2 weeks, a week and the intraday.

I agree with Dave - You have to experience the full perspective or you will be like wandering between the trees without seeing the forest.

One thing not to get caught up into is seeing what the price was a year ago or six months ago and expecting the stock to go up that high again.

By looking at the past prices, coupled with news throughout a period of time you can only make a better guesstimation. That is what I do.

I know this sounds pretty darn basic, but it is easy to forget sometimes. I find myself getting into habits a lot of the time and have to correct myself.

I am big on Due Diligence though.

Guru
    06-24-2009, 10:34 PM #205

MGLG and BCLE

MGLG did just as we expected today....(using one of Stock Magician's expressions) just bobbing like a plastic duck on water. That is fine while we wait for production news, which is not to be confused with revenues (thanks Shots) for the wells that are currently flowing. Unless the PR comes out tomorrow, I would expect more of the same.

BCLE got cheap today and then went back up. I can't wait for this one to explode! It is just a matter of time.

Any opinions, please express them, even by people that haven't posted here yet.
    Last edited by billhart22; 06-24-2009 at 10:41 PM.

Mentor
    06-24-2009, 10:46 PM #206
    Bill, Shots, Dr. D, Bass

Picked up another 1M (damn that sounds good) shares of MGLG at .0012...no takers @.0011. And another 20K shares of BCLE at .0245...again no takers at .024.

Now sitting just off my avg...should be in the money soon.

Was able to sell 10K shares of Siri today...just before the rise to .40...Bill...dont say a F..king thing

Talk to you guys later

Jeff

06-24-2009, 10:52 PM #207
    Okay, you've got me, Bill.

I'm now down to 5 stocks total. SIRI (I just can't let go), BEHL, MGLG, BCLE, and the longshot QEDN. That's it, no more.

All my eggs in 5 baskets.

My daily balance shoots up and down with more abandon...but it's fun to watch.

I plan on making a LOT of money in the coming month.

Guru
    06-24-2009, 11:09 PM #208
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHerdGreg View Post
    Okay, you've got me, Bill.

I'm now down to 5 stocks total. SIRI (I just can't let go), BEHL, MGLG, BCLE, and the longshot QEDN. That's it, no more.

All my eggs in 5 baskets.

My daily balance shoots up and down with more abandon...but it's fun to watch.

I plan on making a LOT of money in the coming month.
    Hey Greg, it is fun. I'll talk to you since Just Sirius doesn't want me to say anything, lol. I won't humiliate him

I won't utter a word to him about what he did today.

I am just sitting right now, myself, and watching. I am also as positioned as I want to get right now.

Kick back, eat popcorn and watch the river flow. Time is the essence of what can and will happen.

I was looking at QEDN a while back, but have lost touch with them. How are you doing with them?

Addict
    06-24-2009, 11:14 PM #209
    Hi Guys.

I'm currently looking at a small real-estate company in the Pacific Northwest called Cascadia Investments (CDIV)
    They were trading at .001 area as recently as May and have had a very impressive run up to over 10 cents about a week and a half ago. Now they are back down to .032.
    From the little research I've done so far they seem like a very interesting company. And the page at iHub even states a BUY-BACK is currently going on!!
    I'm not recommending it just yet.

I am however asking for your help in analizing this one. So, anyone with the time and inclination please do some DD on CDIV and let us all know what you come up with and your opinion of it.
    I'll do the same.
    Thx

Guru
    06-24-2009, 11:48 PM #210
    [QUOTE=GoHerdGreg;38341] SIRI (I just can't let go)[QUOTE]

As odd as SIRI can act, it grows on a person. I was waiting for the 20's on it, but it didn't happen. SIRI has some strange and mystical power attached to it. I have always had a hard time comprehending that such an expensive and exciting product could have a stock price that is so cheap.

It wasn't cheap for everybody though.

Months ago, when the price was .05, I wouldn't buy it. It scared me, but a lot of other guys threw fate to the wind and made a boat-load of money. Everybody has their own quirks. I really understand the attachment to it. When I sold it, I felt like a traitor. Time heals all wounds though, now I am glad that I did. I possessed very little of it...less than 90% of the people that were in at the time.
    Last edited by billhart22; 06-24-2009 at 11:52 PM.

Page 21 of 35 ... 11192021222331 ...