Page 8 of 25 ... 67891018 ...
    Mentor
    06-19-2009, 03:06 PM #71
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    What I think is they wont get Stern on the Iphone unless SIRIXM gets some extra cash from it to make up for what they would loss from people going through the internet instead of satellite. I believe it is a ploy to drive people to the most profitible platform they have which is satellite. I dont think Mel cares if people get him through the internet or satellite though as long as they get the same amount of cash (profit) as they would get from the satellite platform. It is all about the bottom line for Mel that is what I am saying. As to Johnny He will never find that article about his contract because I have never seen it and I can say this much it would have bigger news then he thinks. I could just see the head line now "If you thought 500 million was enough well I guess it wasn't." It would have been as big of news as the bonuses (stock options) he got where made out to be.
    Renreg contract was bad words,was talking rights...read the PR from SXM,they don;t have Mobile rights to howard,Period done your wrong!!!
    I believe Howard gets a piece of the ads and that is what was neg with respects to on-line..same with I-Phone,my guess there are clauses in his contract that cover expansion of his delivery and they are neg..

Mentor
    06-19-2009, 03:09 PM #72
    John the most profitable platform just changed to WI-FI,no cost at all...
    Come on get in the game here...

Guru
    06-19-2009, 03:11 PM #73
    tyler,charles, please update this section of the review, i believe you can and bassmaster confirmed it

in the app review it states "
    One improvement the company should consider is a channel preview function whereby you can see what is playing on another channel prior to selecting it.

Guru
    06-19-2009, 03:12 PM #74
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Now John you crazy Bastard,my post meant first in the thread not on the Buzz..And it was Homer who confirmed it not you,if you remember right!!!!!
    And his contract was exclusivity to SATRAD,and not anywhere else,meaning regular radio terrad.....Why do you think he wasn't on the net for so long,it doesn't dilute anything because you need to pay for a sub to get it,unntil it was being charged they put him on..

OMG, that is crap, homer did not come in til later if you recall correct and I see as you said "confirmed it" who did he confirm on that. It was me you fcknut.

Yea the people at SIRI already had internet capibility and they never figured they were going to have the possiblity of Stern being on the internet. Really does that sound right to you. It doesn't to me and like I said go find one article where this is talked about and I am not talking about a forum.

Mentor
    06-19-2009, 03:18 PM #75
    OMG, that is crap, homer did not come in til later if you recall correct and I see as you said "confirmed it" who did he confirm on that. It was me you fcknut.

Yea the people at SIRI already had internet capibility and they never figured they were going to have the possiblity of Stern being on the internet. Really does that sound right to you. It doesn't to me and like I said go find one article where this is talked about and I am not talking about a forum.
    I know you knuckle head,that's why the smile face......GEEZ!!!

It is common sense about the internet,why charge now,them OMG Howard shows up,never thought about that..They were thinking hard on after market retail and OEM bussiness model then,most didn't know how to monetize the net till the I-Phone showed up..

P.S. there is no article,it is not a new contract...also they only had 600k subs then and were dying.
    Last edited by JohnnyIrishXM; 06-19-2009 at 03:20 PM.

Guru
    06-19-2009, 03:28 PM #76
    How do you find the "ratings" for the application, and it's download status vs. other applications. I couldn't find it.

Guru
    06-19-2009, 03:28 PM #77
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Renreg contract was bad words,was talking rights...read the PR from SXM,they don;t have Mobile rights to howard,Period done your wrong!!!
    I believe Howard gets a piece of the ads and that is what was neg with respects to on-line..same with I-Phone,my guess there are clauses in his contract that cover expansion of his delivery and they are neg..

Hummmmm, didn't they also say it was because of "mature content". Your explaination is as believable as that one with the likes of the playboy channel out there. Listen numnuts it was a 500 million + contract believe me they thought of every possible outcome. It is not like they didn't have teams of lawers/consultants on each side figuring this out. This Ipod issue with SIRI has been out for a long time already, well before Stern. Each team of lawers is out to protect each party from each other from every possible action from an earthquake to the sky falling.

JohnnyIrishXM, I know you must have had formed a corporation. I also have from simple ones to some bigger ones. I have found the best way to do it is to have one lawer working for both parties. I have seen what happens when you get seperate lawers from both parties trying to act in the best interest of their client. The corporation documents ballon from several pages to close to a thousand. All that for a company that each person is only putting in 250,000 dollars. So I could only just conclude what a deal worth 740 million would have in it.

P.S. nether was the stock options when they came out, it was all right in his original contract but it still made big news when it was found out that 500 million was not enough.
    Last edited by john; 06-19-2009 at 03:53 PM.

Head Honcho
    06-19-2009, 03:34 PM #78
    Just a quintessence they happen about the same time then hea. Just one problem with that is all the comments made by Mel on this subject and how he felt about the mistake it was letting O and A go on terrestrial radio along with satellite. Mel has made it clear how he feels about Stern and how exclusive he would be to SIRI/SIRIXM.
    It was a coincidence. I dont remember the timeline but he was on the outs with the E channel before he made the big move. He said he couldn't deal with all of the censorship involved in the show. He has blasted the E channel on numerous occasions, which is why he created his own tv channel, which has nothing to do with satrad.

If your logic is that he has to be exclusive to sirius xm then explain howard.tv? I dont need to subscribe to sirius xm to watch howard.tv, I have to subscribe to Howard and I hear the EXACT same content that is heard on the airwaves.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-19-2009, 03:43 PM #79
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    How do you find the "ratings" for the application, and it's download status vs. other applications. I couldn't find it.
    I guess most of the forum folks use Sirius instead of an iPhone or Touch.

To find the ratings: find the Sirius App in the App Store. Ratings are on that page.

Download rankings are in two places:
    overall which is on the main page near the bottom right. . (Sirius current rank is second.)
    and by category (Sirius is in the Music Category). Click on the category and it will list the top apps. Sirius is the top music free app.

Guru
    06-19-2009, 03:46 PM #80
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    It was a coincidence. I dont remember the timeline but he was on the outs with the E channel before he made the big move. He said he couldn't deal with all of the censorship involved in the show. He has blasted the E channel on numerous occasions, which is why he created his own tv channel, which has nothing to do with satrad.

If your logic is that he has to be exclusive to sirius xm then explain howard.tv? I dont need to subscribe to sirius xm to watch howard.tv, I have to subscribe to Howard and I hear the EXACT same content that is heard on the airwaves.

To be honest Charles I am not a big Stern fan, so when you talk about Howard.tv I have never seen it. So I am unaware of any of the content and can not debate the issue on that basis with you.

Page 8 of 25 ... 67891018 ...