Page 5 of 25 ... 3456715 ...
    Addict
    06-19-2009, 12:21 PM #41
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Damn, see i like this idea too. Thats POSSIBLE. But money is usually always the answer to any question.
    But I hope your right. I just dont think so. I think it has everything to do with timing. They are right now talking numbers. Mel MAY have been stubborn, and wanted to show Stern that they could launch a successful iphone app without his name attatched. But is Mel that stupid? To risk pissing off Howard? Did I just ask that? LOL Of course Mel is stupid. Or a genius. No in between. The genius arguement however, is lacking evidence right now. LOL
    Maybe they are negotiating a brand new contract extension, similar to what they are negotiating with MLB & NFL and they will include this App content as part of it. Or maybe they want to have the release settle in and see how it goes and cause pent up demand and an uproar for attention and then release Howard down the line.

Mentor
    06-19-2009, 12:22 PM #42
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    no relmor, pocket tunes is an app for iphone that lets u pretty much go online and browse ur way to xm or sirius's website and listen through their website like u would on a pc. it is live. you might be thinking of that pirated version uploaded to itunes yesterday that apple somehow missed.
    Gotcha. Thanks for clarfying for people. Explains why the pocket app is so high on the list too then.

Addict
    06-19-2009, 01:04 PM #43

credit rating raised

check this out...but the name of the firm sounds like a joke:

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderd...ing-to-stable/

Addict
    06-19-2009, 01:07 PM #44
    Hey, Cramer's thestreet.com is getting the ax from Russell index as well! LOL!!!

Mentor
    06-19-2009, 01:49 PM #45
    Posting from my new iPhone with the Sirius app. Aside from no stern , IT IS A WINNER! Haven't read todays posts, but Charles slacker/pandora are dead meat vs this thing, IMO.

Guru
    06-19-2009, 01:51 PM #46
    guys, I have not seen the contract with Stern ether. I have however seen the results of it since. From that you can conclude that SIRIXM owns Stern. There is one reason Stern was paid the money he was. It was made perfectly clear by Mel several times, EXCLUSIVE content. Listen does it make any sense that Stern is everywhere else and not on the Apple app. because of his contract, no it doesn't. I have made it clear before I believe he is not on this app because SIRIXM doesn't want him there. Many think this is crazy but not really, Charles thinks it is just bad management I believe it is all about the profit with Mel and where he can sqeeze the most blood from that stone. I think the app is nothing more then a tool used to compete where they needed to and drive as many as possible to the most profitable platform. People can think Mel is an idiot if they want, I dont think he has changed that much in such a short time. Mel has always tried to be two steps ahead. Maybe I think this way about Mel because of the way I was brought up and the way I am. There is a reason most cant see savings right infront of them because unless it is ingrained in you it is not easy. As an example, just ask yourselves how many of you turn off the water during the brushing of your teeth between the time you actually need the water.

06-19-2009, 01:56 PM #47
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    . . .how many of you turn off the water during the brushing of your teeth between the time you actually need the water.
    Ummm. . . I always have. Doesn't everybody?

Head Honcho
    06-19-2009, 01:58 PM #48
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    Posting from my new iPhone with the Sirius app. Aside from no stern , IT IS A WINNER! Haven't read todays posts, but Charles slacker/pandora are dead meat vs this thing, IMO.
    So, you have used the slacker and pandora apps?

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Charles thinks it is just bad management I believe it is all about the profit with Mel and where he can sqeeze the most blood from that stone. I think the app is nothing more then a tool used to compete where they needed to and drive as many as possible to the most profitable platform.
    No, I don't. I think it is contractual. Howard owns the rights to his content and those channel names and logos. He is keeping them from being used. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

06-19-2009, 02:06 PM #49
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    Did you see the SiriXM Itunes iphone App rating so far? 2 stars out of 5. Its pretty hated by the raters.

Mentor
    06-19-2009, 02:06 PM #50
    Yes I have. Sirius>slacker>pandora. Set lists on slack/pandora are inferior compared to sirius. I don't want to convince you. Try it for youself

Page 5 of 25 ... 3456715 ...