Page 4 of 25 ... 2345614 ...
    06-19-2009, 11:29 AM #31
    Am i the only one here confused about the new app business model? Even if they add Stern, they are still charging $3 a month even if your a full subscriber to have access. Why not just download Pocket Tunes pay 9.99 once and done and you have the same service for no monthly fee? What am i missing here?

Mentor
    06-19-2009, 11:32 AM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    90% of americans do not listen to howard stern, but now they know they can get Watercolors, Shade 45, coffee house, live concerts etc etc etc on their iphones....wake up people...PLEASE!
    99 percent dont.

Mentor
    06-19-2009, 11:35 AM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by jonpluc@aol.com View Post
    Am i the only one here confused about the new app business model? Even if they add Stern, they are still charging $3 a month even if your a full subscriber to have access. Why not just download Pocket Tunes pay 9.99 once and done and you have the same service for no monthly fee? What am i missing here?
    A lot.
    1. The fee must be paid by all new subscribers upon activating a new subscription.
    2. The fee must be paid by all old contracts that want to renew(this fee can be avoided by pre paying ahead)
    3. If you want the internet stream or the iphone app, you must pay the 2.99.
    Adding 20 unique channels to these two streams in an ATTEMPT to justify the charge. Internet still has Howard on it, of course.
    Heres where people were mad.
    Older contracts that avoided the internet charge are finding out now they are NOT premium customers. They are pissed because they are lifers. They prepaid ahead. Sorry, but they prepayed ahead too early. The internet offering is new now, as is the iphone app. New subs pay for this mobility whethere they want it or not.
    If any of this is wrong, please correct me.

Addict
    06-19-2009, 11:40 AM #34
    No, the question asked was about Pocket Tunes vs. new SXM app. Why would people pay per month using new SXM app when they can pay one time fee for Pocket Tunes and still get the same content? I'm just re-stating the question. I don't know how it works with Pocket Tunes or what it offers.

Also....does anyone know if Pandora, Slacker, Pocket Tunes, etc, allow the iPhone user to receive and send txt messages, or take phone call, when those apps are running? Reviewers of SXM app say can't do that with this app. That's a problem, but not so much if the others can't either. Anyone know?

06-19-2009, 11:40 AM #35
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Heres where people were mad.
    Older contracts that avoided the internet charge are finding out now they are NOT premium customers. They are pissed because they are lifers. They prepaid ahead. Sorry, but they prepayed ahead too early.
    Im still confused. Im an old lifer(got my sub day HS went on air) and im not mad at all. I paid no extra for anything, i have internet access of course for free and by paying 9.99 for Pocket Tunes once i still never have to pay any monthly fees ever and have Howard on iphone.

Guru
    06-19-2009, 11:49 AM #36
    we are now #3 on the top downloaded Free apps up 3 spots from yesterday (and obviously therefore #1 in music) (without howard, lol lol lol)

Mentor
    06-19-2009, 11:52 AM #37
    Quote Originally Posted by jonpluc@aol.com View Post
    Im still confused. Im an old lifer(got my sub day HS went on air) and im not mad at all. I paid no extra for anything, i have internet access of course for free and by paying 9.99 for Pocket Tunes once i still never have to pay any monthly fees ever and have Howard on iphone.
    I thought the pocket tunes app for Howard was unauthorized? And it was not a live broadcast? And was going to be turned off? Then you must be grandfathered in with the interent then . But for the iphone, these lifers were reporting they were not able to get it because they were not premium customers.

Guru
    06-19-2009, 12:04 PM #38
    ok guys this is simple, you still have to pay for a sub and a premium fee to listen to pocket tunes, on top of the 1 time fee you pay to pockettunes themselves, its not like pockettunes gets around having to have a subscription, all it does is allow people to browse and go onto xm or sirius's internet stream, which does have howard. this will be stopped somehow, im sure siri is working on it. the point is though it is not hurting siri because people will still have to sign up and pay siri even to hear it over pocket tunes, but yes this will hurt siri's own app, cause people will realize they can hear howard on the iphone if they use this other non official app they will go to that im sure instead of siri's.

Guru
    06-19-2009, 12:05 PM #39
    no relmor, pocket tunes is an app for iphone that lets u pretty much go online and browse ur way to xm or sirius's website and listen through their website like u would on a pc. it is live. you might be thinking of that pirated version uploaded to itunes yesterday that apple somehow missed.

Addict
    06-19-2009, 12:17 PM #40
    Quote Originally Posted by lloyd Handwerker View Post
    Congress just passed "cash for clunkers" bill. People can trade in old cars that
    get below 18 MPG and get a voucher for up to $4,500 toward a purchase of a
    new car that gets better mileage. There are a # of details which i havent explained so go online and read the fine print. The point is that the car companies were pushing for this as they expect it to spur new car sales.
    It should be a definite positive for SXM.
    The great part is that none of the clunkers likely have Sirius/XM built into them and they will be replaced with mostly sat radio pre-installed or as an option, especially if someone owned a plug and play receiver already.

Too bad my 2000 Bonneville clunker died 2 months ago and I already was forced to get a new lease before this promotion.

Page 4 of 25 ... 2345614 ...