Page 23 of 25 ... 132122232425
    06-20-2009, 10:43 AM #221
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    think they wanted to sneak this bad boy up in AH, and have a run up, phasing out the .40 and .41 cent place set buyers waiting for those prices. This would allow them a run up with no buyers for 5 cents. A gap up like that is no unusual in penny stocks. Sometimes in penny stocks, these gaps never get filled. Not saying that happened, just with all the positives wiht this compnay right now, and how cheap the stock is, nothing would surprise me.
    Regardless, im excited for monday, because this AH run appears to be with no new news.
    Who are "they"? Afterhours trading is completely electronic based on who's asking a price for thier shares and who's willing to pay for it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Mentor
    06-20-2009, 12:05 PM #222
    this is how my head feels this morning

i may have gone a little too far on my rant on mel. he has had a tuff job since joining sirius. the merger battle. he has saved us from bk. and im sure there is a very good reason why stern is not on the app. the only thing i ask is for better communication with the shareholders, and come to our defense against the bashers. can i have that much as an investor?

johnny, you're post makes alot of sense. i wish homer was around to very/contradict any of your numbers. we both have a rosy outlook here on out. i am very confident about our investment here. but we all believe there are darker forces against us , and i just want the company even if its not mel, but someobdy , to address those concerns.

in no way am i trying to start a fire mel campaign at all. he just makes me feel bipolar sometimes.

Mentor
    06-20-2009, 12:14 PM #223
    this is something i would like them to do, how hard is it?

sirius xm issues press release :

sirius xm is pleased to announce that after 1 day , its newly released iphone app is the the number 1 downloaded free music app and the number 2 downloaded free app. blah blah blah...

whats it cost 20 bucks to issue a pr . and we all seen yesterday what an announcement like that does to shareholder value . its plus EV..

the above is not a real PR. but it should have been

Mentor
    06-20-2009, 12:19 PM #224
    Quote Originally Posted by aosborn View Post
    Who are "they"? Afterhours trading is completely electronic based on who's asking a price for thier shares and who's willing to pay for it. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Your wrong. The they is ISEG who allows and sets all AH and PM pricing. PM and AH action is usually useless. But it a valuable weopon in phasing out buyers and sellers at certain levels. An example....
    Lets say a stock closes at .39 cents. There are huge buys waiting to be triggered on a run past .40 cents. If the next day the stock opens at .41 cents, the MM's have cleared a ton of retailer buyers who would have bought at .40 and sold at lets say .45 as an example. Now if it opens at .41, lets say that freezes them. They wait. It takes off and they decide to buy at .44. It goes to .46 and they sell. Instead of 6 cents profit , the MM's only have you 2 cents profit. Its all game. Esepcially in penny stock ranges.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 06-20-2009 at 12:22 PM.

06-20-2009, 12:41 PM #225
    i may have gone a little too far on my rant on mel. he has had a tuff job since joining sirius. the merger battle. he has saved us from bk. and im sure there is a very good reason why stern is not on the app. the only thing i ask is for better communication with the shareholders, and come to our defense against the bashers. can i have that much as an investor?

I agree , it would be nice to see them fire off a few shots back at the bashers from time to time instead of what appears to be sitting back and taking it but who knows what goes on behind the lines.Maybe there are reasons they sit back quietly. That and the lack of tv advertising like they use to do ( like the one with Pamela Anderson ). Surely that would get the attention of some of the younger crowd.

06-20-2009, 02:24 PM #226
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Good Morning Pearl,excellent news and your one of the Million downloader's
    Here is an excellent article about the App...http://www.cnbc.com/id/31452955
    Good article from this morning, Johnny. I just had a chance to
    read it. I really hope some of these news releases will be printed
    next week. The weekend nobody pays attention, except us of
    course.

Julie

06-20-2009, 02:36 PM #227

Thumbs up CNBC reported on Friday...

06-20-2009, 02:48 PM #228
    Quote Originally Posted by GRInvestments View Post
    Hi GRI,

I was referring to Johnny's post from this morning, not the
    article. Thanks for clarifying that!

Julie

Addict
    06-20-2009, 02:51 PM #229

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Amen! The main purpose of ANY corporation is to return value to the stockholder. Mel has done a shitty job thusfar. We'll see what the BOD thinks as his contract is coming up too, correct?
    You all seem to forget.....Mel has more personal money in this stock then all of us here combined....and given that and his $3.75 cost adv. that he has I believe he is very concerened on getting the most back for his investment and in fact if he just gets the share price back to that.. which he would never be satisfied with we would be doing just fine as long as your adv. is below his cost adv... So how about having some respect for your Ceo and dont be so quick to think you or anyone else could of or would of done better after the sitiuation the FCC and free radio lobbyist put the company in for Mel to keep a float and eventually make it cash positive which we know the numbers show we are on our way...

06-20-2009, 03:30 PM #230
    Mel sent a personal message to all you shorts ENJOY AZZHOLES!!!!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐