Page 2 of 2 12
    Head Honcho
    06-19-2009, 11:02 AM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriustunes View Post
    Howard pulls through a great deal of subs, no doubt. But to say that those subs could not be replaced or exceeded with various other content offers is short sighted. If SIRI had to acquiesce its entire existence on HS then there would have been no need for a merger. The company with HS should have beat the crap out of the competition.
    Wouldnt you consider the manner in which Sirius almost caught XM beating the crap out of the competition? If XM signed Howard (they had the chance) there would have been no merger, you would be talking about a satrad company with 15 million vs a company with 1 million and bankrupt.

I dont think Howard is SIRI but, Sirius XM is going to have a very hard time survivng this period of penny pinching and debt payments without him in a year. I dont know how they can afford to lose that many subs and survive.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    06-24-2009, 06:35 PM #12

I think not..howard is not SIRI

See this, howard is big but SIRI is attracting big, big names...

ABOUT DJ SKEE
    Whether it’s the biggest radio station in the country, the top viewed channel online at YouTube, or productions of the top artists in the world, DJ Skee has become the authoritative voice for his generation.

DJ Skee is uniquely situated at the top of club, radio, and mixtape dj worlds and produces today’s leading artists in both musically and visually. Also orchestrating marketing campaigns for Fortune 500 companies, Skee’s unique niche in the market provides one of the most visible and acclaimed voices of his generation.

DJ Skee can be heard every Saturday night on Sirius / XM Satellite Radio as he hosts a show syndicated through Europe, Asia, and Australia, as well as on DirecTV & Dish Network that reaches over 30 million households.

DJ Skee has now moved to the forefront of the Celebrity DJ culture.

Skee produces and remixes today’s top artists ranging from Quincy Jones to Jay-Z. He was awarded Mixtape DJ Of The Year from the Hip Hop Awards and received a record 8 nominations in the 2008 Mixtape Awards.

DJ Skee is acknowledged as the king of the web amongst DJ's. His websites and social networking sites have hundreds of thousands of followers and his music has garnished over 20 million downloads and streams.
    http://www.djskee.com/about.html

Guru
    06-25-2009, 05:21 PM #13
    Are you being sarcastic? I never heard of the guy, but if he brings a fraction of 20 MM listeners, that would be great.

Guru
    06-25-2009, 05:33 PM #14
    No, not being sarcastic.

the 20 million # wasn't followers though i think thats just total downloads or what not, but sure he could bring subscribers.

My main point was that SXM has the top talents in all fields. They will continue to add the top talent.

Alot of people hate Shade 45, but Eminem had the best sales this year I think of all musicians?

DJ skee is touted as the best DJ.

Just trying to show how the other forms of entertainment are top of the line at SXM so the answer is no, howard stern is not Sirius xm although it is made out that he is.

Guru
    06-26-2009, 10:35 AM #15
    Great news then. I decided after hearing Howard's rant yesterday that as a stockholder, I am a SIRI fan first. Howard is pulling this shit, but one thing he probably doesn't know it that a large % of his fans are stockholders (like me). I'm sure that's something new to him, and I doubt he fully understands.

Guru
    08-26-2009, 10:16 AM #16
    This is what I have been saying all along.

URL="http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2009/08/26/2009-08-26_howard_stern_still_poised_to_make_big_bucks_whe n_sirius_contract_expires.html"]ng.[/URL]

Howard can take his franchise direct.

Head Honcho
    08-27-2009, 03:45 PM #17
    You and me both, I totally agree.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

09-08-2009, 01:23 PM #18
    I think 1 of 2 things will happen. Howard will re up with Sirius/XM. Or he will go back to regular radio for another giant pay day. When his contract talks heat up I KNOW there are going to be companies that will pay millions upon millions to lure him back.

Guru
    09-11-2009, 03:29 PM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by sentimental48 View Post
    I think 1 of 2 things will happen. Howard will re up with Sirius/XM. Or he will go back to regular radio for another giant pay day. When his contract talks heat up I KNOW there are going to be companies that will pay millions upon millions to lure him back.
    I don't see him going back to terrestrial no matter how much money they throw at him. He has "**** you" money already. It's either SIRI or he goes it alone on the web, but I've been wrong before.

It's a strange dyanmic at play in the sense that which medium will generate the most listeners and the most $$$ - terrestrial, satellite or web, along with the best exposure (terrestrial is "free", and everyone has access to a radio).

I also tend to think that Howard's audience is aging, and quite possibly shrinking. Those of us who follow him have done so for a long time (me 1987). He lost a sizeable chunk going to SIRI; I wonder if he'd lose another chunk going it alone???? He'd lose me. I'm done chasing entertainment.

I did read an article this week that suggested he work out a dual Sat / Ter deal like Bubba (and the XM guys too, no?).

Page 2 of 2 12