06-18-2009, 09:58 AM #1

Angry Sirius iPhone application SCAM

In March I extended my 3 radios for two years to maintain free online listening with the knowledge that the iPhone APP was officially announced. I confirmed with the Customer Service Rep that this would work with the APP once released at this time.

Now the APP is released and 1.) It doesn't work for non-Premium online listeners and 2.) Supposedly Howard isn't on the APP.

Other Windows Media smartphones have apps which stream for non-premium online listeners. Thank goodness for Pocket Radio APP which does work.

Sirius XM Customer Service response is "tough".

06-18-2009, 12:36 PM #2
    FWIW

Myself and others have had success in getting lifetime premium XMRO credited to our accounts for the "misunderstanding" with the lifetime promotion. Now I don't have an iPhone so I can't verify if that alone qualifies you for mobile access, but I definitely get the 128kbps stream through my browser.

Guru
    06-18-2009, 12:48 PM #3
    it was clear to me that the premium feed was not included, the premium feed has always been an additional $2.99, a lower rate feed was the free one.

Enthusiast
    06-19-2009, 09:44 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    it was clear to me that the premium feed was not included, the premium feed has always been an additional $2.99, a lower rate feed was the free one.
    I looked into the Sirius app and it is EPIC FAIL!

Not only will it cost you $2.99/month (if you don't already have the upgraded online service), they locked out Howard Stern and a few other channels.

Instead I tried the $9.99 (one time charge) Pocket Tunes app for iPhone and it works great! Not only do you get the same Sirius-XM channels your subscription allows, it also includes online feeds of other stations and a service similar to Pandora. The sound quality is much better too.

06-19-2009, 06:03 PM #5

Post #1 App on iTunes!

CNBC announced at the end of its Fast Money program the Sirius App is #1 on iTunes!