Page 7 of 33 ... 5678917 ...
    Guru
    06-18-2009, 11:16 AM #61
    Did howard make any comments this morning?

06-18-2009, 11:18 AM #62
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Can we really give credit to GENIUS marketing to SiriusXM? If so, god bless them. But USUALLY genius and marketing and SiriusXM are never used in the same sentence.
    I have never thought sirius' marketing was up to par but if they are setting themselves up for lots of free press then good for them. Even a broken clock is correct twice a day, its been at least 12hours since they were right last time

Mentor
    06-18-2009, 11:18 AM #63
    Hey Charles. SiriusXM just passed Pandora. LOL LOL LOL
    1st day. Forget that
    1st hours.

Addict
    06-18-2009, 11:18 AM #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriustunes View Post
    Imro, you are exactly right.

How do you validate that your content is the best? You keep it from being bastardized. You make the market ask for it. You make the market demand it. Then you make the market pay for it.

I think SXM is finally getting it right. And Howard is going to build it all up as "you want me?", then pay for me. Whether it is in subs or advertising, Howard is going to bring in MORE revenue to pay off debt.
    I disagree and apparently so does the street, with the SP dropping. SXM mishandled the app release......no surprise there! It's not irreversible, however. Certainly, NFL games will draw a lot of iPhone users, but since it's baseball season, lack of MLB hurts, but that had been explained earlier in failure of SXM and MLB to reach an accord post-merger. But the big omission is Howard, and there's no real solid explanation other than 'mobile rights'. Blah, blah. Geez...do ya think they should've negotiated a deal with Howard before iPhone app release to cover 'mobile rights'....DUH. Nope, instead we're getting pounded with negative MSM spin....and.....it's justified!!! That's the bitter pill to swallow my friends.

Guru
    06-18-2009, 11:21 AM #65
    Can we really give credit to GENIUS marketing to SiriusXM? If so, god bless them. But USUALLY genius and marketing and SiriusXM are never used in the same sentence.
    Athough i bet on it being more pathetic than genius, I do think it could have been briliantly crafted to get free publicity, no cost out of sxm's pocket to be in the headlines today...so that means no money out of shareholder pockets for free advertising.

From my simple mind i would have rather had the full deal on the app, but i maintain, bad publicity is still publicity. How the heck do you think Britney spears can still sell albums.

Guru
    06-18-2009, 11:24 AM #66
    Howard is practically CEO of SXM this did not go on without him being involved, this was carefully planned. And it was planned way back when howard made his choice to go with the blackberry. Mark my words.

Enthusiast
    06-18-2009, 11:24 AM #67
    I don't believe the folks at Sirius XM are stupid. Certainly Mel is not stupid. He is cunning and many of us believe he is brilliant.

Mel stated in a lecture I attended a few years ago that he calculated that the price for Howard Stern on Sirius, although it was high, was in his opinion a wise decision because Howard would bring in more money than what was paid to him. I don't think Mel has lost sight of this concept and I am sure there is a reason Howard is not currently being included in the iPhone application.

So, let's get away from the concept that these people are stupid and/or inept.

There is a reason Howard is not currently included in the iPhone offering. What that reason (or reasons) is, we don't know.

Is it a bargaining chip between Howard and Sirius XM for something not currently covered by Howard's contract? Is this a set up for Howard bargaining for a renewal of his current contract when it expires in 2010?

Is it so they can do a replay of Howard first starting at Sirius with an announcement at a later date to the effect of "Howard Stern coming to your iPhone on [date]"? Perhaps Sirius XM wants to create drama with this.

It has been proposed that with Howard introduced at this time, circuits might get overloaded. (I don't know enough about technology to know if this could happen, but it sounds reasonable.)

Will Howard be added at a later date as an optional "premium" offering for a buck or two a month. When people are already paying a hundred bucks or so a month for their cell phone service, what's another buck or two? It might sound like a bargain to many.

Again, they are not blind or stupid, so what's the reason?
    Last edited by SteveSirius; 06-18-2009 at 11:29 AM.

Mentor
    06-18-2009, 11:25 AM #68
    Rumor warning
    Rumor warning
    Not substatiated whatsoever.
    supposedly, customer service was saying it was an initial bandwidth issue, and Howard Stern is coming in a week. I dont believe it though. They why not say that, unless you are helping the MM's take out weak hands. And freezing them from rebuying while it dips. Or its true,and they are just dumb. Who knows. This is so dumb. Another ****ing guessing game.

Addict
    06-18-2009, 11:30 AM #69
    Rumor warning
    Rumor warning
    Not substatiated whatsoever.
    supposedly, customer service was saying it was an initial bandwidth issue, and Howard Stern is coming in a week. I dont believe it though. They why not say that, unless you are helping the MM's take out weak hands. And freezing them from rebuying while it dips. Or its true,and they are just dumb. Who knows. This is so dumb. Another ****ing guessing game.
    No way this is the case.

Guru
    06-18-2009, 11:30 AM #70
    hey relmor siri has already passed up pandora in total downloads?

and where did u hear that rumor?

Page 7 of 33 ... 5678917 ...