Page 2 of 33 123412 ...
    Mentor
    06-18-2009, 08:50 AM #11
    SiriusXM management might NOT be able to EVEN say if Howard is going to on it, as he might be negotiating something with the Iphone on his new deal. Maybe an exclusive app just for his stations, news, etc...
    With a .99 cent a month price tag. What you do get for a smart phone app compared to all their past apps is a huge jump in content. And its FREE
    FREE FREE for existing internet users. Bitch about free? Not me.
    Why does Mel NEVER get the benefit of the doubt? Why assume the worst?
    Isnt his base around 3 million listeners? They have 18 million subs going right now? I think the app will be a huge sucess. #1 download.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 06-18-2009 at 08:53 AM.

06-18-2009, 08:52 AM #12
    Is it not always something with this stock? The article I read said no Howard. The market can find a way to discount the rally now. Unbelievable! Its always something with this thing. I am moving shares today. Full position, you must wrap up some of the 33% gain or whatever it turns out to be. Do not have ADHD with this stock it can and will fall back. Shares are always going to be available and usually at a cheaper price. If I would practice what I preach I would have unloaded 4/5th of my position at .59. I could have made some major buys around the .3 level and where would I be now..sitting pretty. Don't make my mistake, take some off the table....tell'm Relmor...the sell button is your friend.

I have to work but I do not want to miss this open!
    Good luck today! I agree with the Howard coming later and for a little extra charge. Can't raise prices but they can al-carte your ars to death...I like it.

Mentor
    06-18-2009, 08:57 AM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Is it not always something with this stock? The article I read said no Howard. The market can find a way to discount the rally now. Unbelievable! Its always something with this thing. I am moving shares today. Full position, you must wrap up some of the 33% gain or whatever it turns out to be. Do not have ADHD with this stock it can and will fall back. Shares are always going to be available and usually at a cheaper price. If I would practice what I preach I would have unloaded 4/5th of my position at .59. I could have made some major buys around the .3 level and where would I be now..sitting pretty. Don't make my mistake, take some off the table....tell'm Relmor...the sell button is your friend.

I have to work but I do not want to miss this open!
    Good luck today! I agree with the Howard coming later and for a little extra charge. Can't raise prices but they can al-carte your ars to death...I like it.
    Im selling something today, yes.

Enthusiast
    06-18-2009, 08:58 AM #14
    Well... I cannot get my head around why Howard is not included in this app. GDmit we can't just get straight up good news. Not buying the "adult" angle because of all the other adult choices included. I can't believe they want to include him later as additional promotion... just because that is all kinds of f'd up. What else is there? scared he'll take away auto subs? Until there is an official response, it is officially stupid.

I live in Hawaii and we have no access to the Satellite feed. I already pay for the Internet feed so should have access to the full content on this Iphone App. Why did they squash Nicemac yet leave pocket tunes alone? Everyone that wants Howard can get pocket tunes for the one time fee. So again....why exactly is Howard being left off? Makes no sense. stupid.

Personally, I don't listen to Howard at all other than a couple times years and years ago when he was on terrestrial. But here I am listening to him online since 2:30 am hoping he addresses the issue. stupid

edit

Ok Rel, just saw your post:
    SiriusXM management might NOT be able to EVEN say if Howard is going to on it, as he might be negotiating something with the Iphone on his new deal. Maybe an exclusive app just for his stations, news, etc...
    With a .99 cent a month price tag. What you do get for a smart phone app compared to all their past apps is a huge jump in content. And its FREE

At first I thought, that is stupid as well... but what if that is a way for him to take a substantially lower salary from SIRI. OK, I could dig that. I'll chill for now.
    Last edited by otone; 06-18-2009 at 09:02 AM.

Addict
    06-18-2009, 09:06 AM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    hey underway, siri makes it clear on their iphone app page that howard will not be available.
    That's a step in the right direction. But, it still leaves the question as to WHY THE HELL NOT! And, it wasn't mentioned in the press release, which is what is then picked up by all media, which spin it into a negative. That's my point. SXM needs to say why Howard is not available. What's the biz reason?
    Wasn't one of the major positives of the app to draw in new subscribers who have or plan on buying iPhone, and would then need to purchase a sub to get Howard? I think I understand SXM doesn't want to give Howard for a lousy 2.99/mo. They want full sub $. But, in digital world, it's all about software and turning stuff on or off. You pay full sub, you get Howard on iPhone. You pay 2.99, you don't. In other words, they need to explain why no Howard, and what their gonna do about it.

Mentor
    06-18-2009, 09:09 AM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by otone View Post
    Well... I cannot get my head around why Howard is not included in this app. GDmit we can't just get straight up good news. Not buying the "adult" angle because of all the other adult choices included. I can't believe they want to include him later as additional promotion... just because that is all kinds of f'd up. What else is there? scared he'll take away auto subs? Until there is an official response, it is officially stupid.

I live in Hawaii and we have no access to the Satellite feed. I already pay for the Internet feed so should have access to the full content on this Iphone App. Why did they squash Nicemac yet leave pocket tunes alone? Everyone that wants Howard can get pocket tunes for the one time fee. So again....why exactly is Howard being left off? Makes no sense. stupid.

Personally, I don't listen to Howard at all other than a couple times years and years ago when he was on terrestrial. But here I am listening to him online since 2:30 am hoping he addresses the issue. stupid

edit

Ok Rel, just saw your post:

At first I thought, that is stupid as well... but what if that is a way for him to take a substantially lower salary from SIRI. OK, I could dig that. I'll chill for now.
    Interesting Otone.... Im thinking about how cheap Mel is, and how greedy Howard might be thinking....
    International access...
    Iphone/Ipod users want me huh...
    Not for free...
    IM THE KING OF MEDIA!!!
    LOL

Addict
    06-18-2009, 09:15 AM #17
    [QUOTE=otone;36886]

QUOTE]

So, people can get Howard via Pocket Tunes app on iPhone? I'm not familiar with how that works. That makes this even more weird than it already is. I'm so pissed off, I now have an f'n stomach ache!

06-18-2009, 09:17 AM #18
    Relmor what is your first exit point? I am unloading 15500 immediatly....only thing I never trade in the first 15-20minutes...lots of head fakes going on. Any advice will be greatly appreciated and probably be used in the next half hour. Thank you kindly.

Big Ben

Enthusiast
    06-18-2009, 09:18 AM #19
    Howard is coming.

Don't worry. This is very craftly done on SXMs part. Remember all the other PDA's that will also be able to access SXM content? That is where you will see Howard come in to the picture. Another opportunity to build up excitement and help the pps rise. Remember Howard carries a Blackberry. I would be willing to bet Howard has a deal with Rimm as he made a fairly big deal about choosing the Blackberry as his official PDA.

Folks Howard is coming...count on it. And I bet he will be hyping it for the next several weeks.

I know Howard is popular, but his absence from this initial app release doesn't diminish the huge deal of this app release as well as the Toyota OEM deal. Many people seem to be missing the forest for the trees...SXM is demonstrating a very strategic market approach to me and IMHO all other services are going to be chasing them. But they will never catch them...Content is KING.

If you are long SIRI, you should have nothing but smiles today.

Guru
    06-18-2009, 09:19 AM #20
    its in the press release, i dont know what press rerlease u are looking at underway, maybe they updated it or something i dunno.

http://investor.sirius.com/releasede...leaseID=390464

"Some select programming, including MLB Play-by-Play, NFL Play-by-Play, SIRIUS NASCAR Radio, and Howard Stern, will not be available on the iPhone and iPod touch. Listeners will continue to be able to access that programming through the platforms they are currently offered on."

Page 2 of 33 123412 ...