06-18-2009, 05:41 AM #1

SiriusXm Iphone App without Stern !

Wow , Probably the main reason to get this app and they leave Stern off it . This company is really dumb .

06-18-2009, 10:29 AM #2
    Does anyone else think this could be a brilliant marketing stunt for SiriusXM?

They may have intentionally left out Stern b/c they knew it would cause an uproar and the media would pick up on it giving the company tens of millions of dollars worth of free advertising. A quick glance this morning has more and more media outlets talking about the absence of Stern and other content. Their intentions all along could be that SiriusXM will eventually include Stern on the iphone app as soon as they milk all the free publicity.

Garnering millions of free promotional advertising to get the word out on SiriusXM's new iphone app is brilliant.

Head Honcho
    06-18-2009, 10:48 AM #3
    I mentioned last night that this might be a slow roll stunt. What I do know is that the application right now has more 1 star ratings then anything else. Not good for the app that needs to be highly rated since it will not be on the most downloaded list right off the bat. Average rating 2!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Enthusiast
    06-18-2009, 11:19 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    I mentioned last night that this might be a slow roll stunt. What I do know is that the application right now has more 1 star ratings then anything else. Not good for the app that needs to be highly rated since it will not be on the most downloaded list right off the bat. Average rating 2!
    Yeah, and the fact that it's NOT FREE, you must have "sxm online premium" account, and SXM Sub to use this app
    Last edited by denb45; 06-18-2009 at 11:51 AM.

06-18-2009, 03:31 PM #5
    Sirius will probably see how pissed everyone is not having Stern and then try to capitalize on it by asking another $2.99/month to get him on the iPhone. LOL!

Joined: Jan 2009 Location: New Jersey - The Carcinogen State. Posts: 19
    06-19-2009, 02:54 AM #6
    The exclusion of Stern from the SiriusXM app for the iphone/ipod touch has to be one of the greatest blunders SiriusXM has made to date. At the very least they could publish an explanation.

If you are dead set on getting Howard Stern through your iphone/ipod touch, purchase and download Pocket Tunes radio.

I listen to whatever channels are available through the siriusxm web page from the pocket tunes app on my iphone.

TheAbbevilleKid

Mentor
    06-19-2009, 04:07 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Geez charles,you get the worst post of the year on this one...and this is your field of expertise i believe..they are allready NO#1 in music downloads and 3rd overall for first day...

Head Honcho
    06-19-2009, 04:11 PM #8
    Its only been a couple of days. Those stats are NOT all-time they are only for today. If they dont maintain those spots, it sure would help them to be highly rated to get better viability.

What do you think the avg person thinks when they arrive at an app with that rating level?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder