Page 20 of 21 ... 1018192021
    Mentor
    06-18-2009, 03:14 AM #191
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    As a consumer I HATE being nickeled and dimed. This is reminding me of those airline commercials where you have to pay a separate fee for everything... including the bathroom.

What I dont understand is why they cant broadcast those channels, essentially it is just an internet feed and they already have access to that so, what gives? How the hell could Howard have a contract written in such a way that he could control his content going out to an iPhone? I am hoenstly asking because I dont think he does have that control.
    Of course. Im not even going to comment. I can now write your posts for you, btw.

06-18-2009, 05:14 AM #192
    Indeed Sirius remains true to form as a mother fcuker. If they had even one operating brain cell between all the genius Sirius management, they would at least have planned a concurrent damage control press release to provide a logical reason why Howard Stern (their unfortunate largest single subscriber draw) is not available on the iphone app. Although HS is not the reason for my subscription, I do believe there are many who regard HS as such and Sirius needs to address this immediately or say goodbye to much additional revenue and probably many subs. I can not say I am surprised at all. I expected as much from these ass holes. I am sorry to say that just this alone will probably undermine any chance of a sustained sp increase. It is now crystal clear how such a great product with such great potential has been dive bombed into the abyss time and time again only by fault of the pilots running the operation. With this said, Sirius deserves to have a shitty reputation and the awful stock price is justified. The only way out of this that I can see is to completely restructure the company management and bring in some younger, hipper and intelligent blood that has the foresight to understand the desires of the consumer and not be bound by the "they are the only satellite radio game in town so the sheep will take what we feed them" attitude. Make every effort to connect with the consumer. Not alienate them. What more needs to happen before they understand they have used up their 9 lives already?

Guru
    06-18-2009, 07:28 AM #193
    ok every1 here who is going to to bitch, hjave any of you downloaded the full app? THEY HAVE NEVER OFFERED HOWARD INSIDE OF A TRIAL TERM. when u get a trial of their online stream there is no howard, u have to pay before u get howard.

Guru
    06-18-2009, 07:30 AM #194
    if this is true it wont last, they will put stern on there. even without howard i wpuld d/l it but they need to get howard on there. this is nonsense
    Last edited by trippingthespeculatingpos; 06-18-2009 at 07:33 AM.

Guru
    06-18-2009, 07:38 AM #195
    well i guess this means pockettunes is still the superioir iphone app, cause u can hear stern through that app. so im sure stren fans will get stern on iphon through that till siri gets it shit togethor.

06-18-2009, 07:39 AM #196
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    if this is true it wont last, they will put stern on there. even without howard i wpuld d/l it but they need to get howard on there. this is nonsense
    Good morning Tripp,

You sure are up early today! My fingers are crossed for a good
    day.

Julie

Guru
    06-18-2009, 07:42 AM #197
    morning julie, who knows now. i honestrly think this move had alot more to it then just an app release, but who knows. its still a million times better than their att app, which has like 8 channels?

06-18-2009, 07:45 AM #198
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    morning julie, who knows now. i honestrly think this move had alot more to it then just an app release, but who knows. its still a million times better than their att app, which has like 8 channels?
    Who's starting the Thursday thread? We need to start on the
    right day.

Julie

Guru
    06-18-2009, 08:07 AM #199
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suD-ztTSp98

sirius app being shown off

.44 high so far pre

06-18-2009, 08:28 AM #200
    Is it not always something with this stock? The article I read said no Howard. The market can find a way to discount the rally now. Unbelievable! Its always something with this thing. I am moving shares today. Full position, you must wrap up some of the 33% gain or whatever it turns out to be. Do not have ADHD with this stock it can and will fall back. Shares are always going to be available and usually at a cheaper price. If I would practice what I preach I would have unloaded 4/5th of my position at .59. I could have made some major buys around the .3 level and where would I be now..sitting pretty. Don't make my mistake, take some off the table....tell'm Relmor...the sell button is your friend.

I have to work but I do not want to miss this open!
    Good luck today!