Page 21 of 21 ... 11192021
    Guru
    06-18-2009, 08:49 AM #201
    Big Ben, I think you are wrong about the increase not being because of the rate increase. I would wait at least til .45 before you sold. I personally am going with the .47 as said before. I do tink ether way even if it gos higher you will get a chance to get those shares back after the 2nd Q CC. That is when I would get every dollar of fun money I had back in. That rate increase will drive right to the bottom line in the 3rd and to a greater extent 4th quarter.

Charles, I agree the company cant keep lossing subs but when taken with what SIRIXM has done with the rate increases, the bad economy, and the content changes, that some bleeding is to be expected, you cant cut out a bad kiddney and not have some blood loss. As for the Stern thing I think you should be reminded of the arguement we had on the other thread. Is it starting to make sense to you now.

Guru
    06-18-2009, 08:53 AM #202
    can u enlighten me on the stern thing john, i think i missed the discussion.

Mentor
    06-18-2009, 08:56 AM #203
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Is it not always something with this stock? The article I read said no Howard. The market can find a way to discount the rally now. Unbelievable! Its always something with this thing. I am moving shares today. Full position, you must wrap up some of the 33% gain or whatever it turns out to be. Do not have ADHD with this stock it can and will fall back. Shares are always going to be available and usually at a cheaper price. If I would practice what I preach I would have unloaded 4/5th of my position at .59. I could have made some major buys around the .3 level and where would I be now..sitting pretty. Don't make my mistake, take some off the table....tell'm Relmor...the sell button is your friend.

I have to work but I do not want to miss this open!
    Good luck today!
    Media is not being friendly today. Howard point is driven home, even by this sites own writers. If you cant even get SB authors to be positive, how can we expect other media writers to be. NO this is not good for seeing past .63 today at all. Not good period. But I have no clue how the MM's will work this.

Guru
    06-18-2009, 08:59 AM #204
    hey relmo like i said before i think this jummp has more reasons for it than just the iphone app.

Guru
    06-18-2009, 09:05 AM #205
    trippingthespeculatingpos, it all gos back to cost of each and the profit SIRIXM makes off of each. Charles believes it is just bad management, I believe it is all done for a reason. That reason being they pay more for the internet platform then the satellite one, so while they will do some things to try and keep people happy they dont want to purposely drive that many to use it. Lets face it what was the big complaint from Charles about SIRIXM and Pandora/Slacker? It was that SIRIXM was not competing with them, well they are now. How many of the young really like MLB, Howard Stren? I am not saying they wont be on the Apple app later but you will have to pay extra for it, LOL, LOL, LOL.

P.S. I see Charles is starting to get it when he made that comment about being nickled and dime to death.

Mentor
    06-18-2009, 09:06 AM #206
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    hey relmo like i said before i think this jummp has more reasons for it than just the iphone app.
    I HOPE so. Investing on hope.....

Guru
    06-18-2009, 09:09 AM #207
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post

I agree, Lets face it the Apple app news has been out for to long for it not to be baked in to the PPS. The rate increase just gos from total rumor to fact and low and behold the same day the PPS gos up.

Guru
    06-18-2009, 09:17 AM #208
    and lets be real here, you can still get howard on the iphone, pockettunes any1? you still have to pay sirius to get it so if u really want howard on the iphone there u go.

Page 21 of 21 ... 11192021