Page 17 of 21 ... 71516171819 ...
    Guru
    06-17-2009, 11:23 PM #161
    Quote Originally Posted by xitvp View Post
    I think the Iphone app will add new subscribers without a doubt. I may buy an Iphone just so I can have Sirius anywhere. I'm personally staying in until $1.00, then I re-evaluate.

I don't know if anyone else though of this angle, and it's just a wild theory, but think about this:

1. Ba Ba Booey's First pitch - People were talking about that EVERYWHERE about 2 weeks ago. Great publicity for Sirius.

2. Howard goes on Letterman, knocks Leno last week - A lot of chatter about that. Great publicity for Sirius.

3. Artie goes on the Joe Buck show and causes mucho controversy yesterday - That is the talk of the town. Great publicity for Sirius.

4. Tomorrow - Sirius Iphone App launched..........

I Wonder if a lot of these things were thought out to get people talking about what's happening on Satellite Radio and create some buzz then launch the App and get people wanting to tune in....Again, just a theory.

absolutely...how about howard fighting with the weather man...this has all played very well into getting "howard" back into the hands of "everyman"

incase you missed the shows, howard has been arguing with a weatherman through eachothers shows and one of the main topics was that howard used to be available to everyone, now only people with sxm radios can listen, the iphone app opens this door..
    Last edited by imromo24; 06-17-2009 at 11:28 PM.

06-17-2009, 11:38 PM #162
    The app is out!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentor
    06-17-2009, 11:39 PM #163
    Well good evening all my buzzHeads,saw we finally had some panic buying and sitting at .43 in AH,..just finished reading all the post's and good discussion was had here...Sorry i missed the big afternoon but it is nice to come home from golf and see SXM in the .40's again.....88million vol.is good but tomorrow we could see 200mil,definitely 150 mil at least...
    The APP release and Royalty pass on especially was huge for the bottom line of SXM....Remember as i saw postede here tonight we will have a 20% pull back off the high(whatever it is) so set your sells if you are inclined to swing trade it,but I'm long and holding out for $1.50 minimum before i reevaluate my position..JMHO DYODD....not a trader at all,just an investor of value growth companies which SXM is becoming and profit is 1 or 2 Q's away...

06-17-2009, 11:51 PM #164

App

The app is out? Where do you find it? I don't see it on itunes yet (unless I'm missing it)

Anyway, was going to post about this. I just bought an iphone last week. About an hour ago (while searching to see if our new app was out) I saw that there is an app called "ootunes" for $3.99. It said it played SXM. I bought it and sure enough, you can access the SXM internet feed. That's basically what this app does is just pulls in streaming internet stations.

Made me start wondering what the hype is for the actual iphone app that we've been waiting for.....looks to me like you could already listen to SXM on your iphone! I'm not that tech savvy though so somebody explain to me what this new app will have that is so much better? Is it just that it's supposed to be free download and a direct link to SXM?

The ootunes is a bit cumbersome because you have to go to the SXM web page link and log in......but I'm assuming you may have to do that on the new app anyway?

The one thing I don't like about this whole app deal is that not all content is available on line. I have XM mainly for the MLB package......can't get that on the internet (or consequently on this "ootunes" app). But, MLB has their own app that only costs $9.99 for the whole season anyway.

Just some thoughts and observations. Anyone care to comment on this "ootunes" app for the iphone?

Hope we make a big run tomorrow!!!!!

Mentor
    06-18-2009, 12:02 AM #166
    THE APP is out...reading it now...

It's here.
    http://xmro.xmradio.com/xstream/end_session.jsp

Mentor
    06-18-2009, 12:05 AM #167
    Quote Originally Posted by RU Sirius View Post
    The app is out? Where do you find it? I don't see it on itunes yet (unless I'm missing it)

Anyway, was going to post about this. I just bought an iphone last week. About an hour ago (while searching to see if our new app was out) I saw that there is an app called "ootunes" for $3.99. It said it played SXM. I bought it and sure enough, you can access the SXM internet feed. That's basically what this app does is just pulls in streaming internet stations.

Made me start wondering what the hype is for the actual iphone app that we've been waiting for.....looks to me like you could already listen to SXM on your iphone! I'm not that tech savvy though so somebody explain to me what this new app will have that is so much better? Is it just that it's supposed to be free download and a direct link to SXM?

The ootunes is a bit cumbersome because you have to go to the SXM web page link and log in......but I'm assuming you may have to do that on the new app anyway?

The one thing I don't like about this whole app deal is that not all content is available on line. I have XM mainly for the MLB package......can't get that on the internet (or consequently on this "ootunes" app). But, MLB has their own app that only costs $9.99 for the whole season anyway.

Just some thoughts and observations. Anyone care to comment on this "ootunes" app for the iphone?

Hope we make a big run tomorrow!!!!!
    Yes otunes is a generic on line feed of 20 channels,but I-Phone app the premium one is all of SXM except no livec sports or CNBC or Fox and some others.

Enthusiast
    06-18-2009, 12:08 AM #168
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Yes otunes is a generic on line feed of 20 channels,but I-Phone app the premium one is all of SXM except no livec sports or CNBC or Fox and some others.
    I don't see Howard on there.......I hope I just overlooked it...

06-18-2009, 12:17 AM #169

Downloaded app

Well, I just found my first issue! I downloaded the app and tried to log in as an existing subscriber to XM........it wouldn't let me on.....said I had to buy a premium online service for $2.99/month. The kicker is.........I'm a lifetime subscriber now to XM. I thought I was going to get the iphone service for free?????? What gives?

Also, on the ootunes, I can access the entire online playlist. Don't know how many stations there are but it was all of the music along with comedy, MLB home plate, etc. I tried several to make sure they worked and they did.

I have to say that for $3.99 on-time, I'll probably be using ootunes vs. $2.99/month for this new app. Especially if the content is the same.

I can understand paying the monthly fee if I wasn't a lifetime subscriber.....but I'm not fond of it after signing up for that lifetime package.

Hopefully this is just a hiccup and will be changed? We'll see.

06-18-2009, 12:24 AM #170

Programming

I don't see Howard either.....at least on the station list that is on the downloaded app. (although, as stated above, I can't actually log-on yet).

Also, I see in the FAQ's that this is only going to be available in the United States.

Page 17 of 21 ... 71516171819 ...