Page 2 of 21 123412 ...
    Mentor
    06-17-2009, 09:57 AM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    1st price increase has a positive effect unless they lose 2 million subs because of it. Not going to happen. Next price increase would require slightly less subs needed to be cancelled to make that one worth it. So figure their self pay would have to drop to below 12 million. As I just proved, Rick A. is clueless, or not mentally all their, or purposefully slanting the truth. Most of those self pay subs if they want to avoid the charges can.
    The royalty fee is just likeb the 911 and universal fee on phones and the gross reciept tax in utilities that is passed on to customers...
    It is a brilliant move by the company,why you ask,because the $12.95 per month is not making the company money and every customer has been getting this content for free almost...it is simple math,SXM needs to raise revenue up above cost to make Howard and other content work as a bussiness......

06-17-2009, 10:17 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    The royalty fee is just likeb the 911 and universal fee on phones and the gross reciept tax in utilities that is passed on to customers...
    It is a brilliant move by the company,why you ask,because the $12.95 per month is not making the company money and every customer has been getting this content for free almost...it is simple math,SXM needs to raise revenue up above cost to make Howard and other content work as a bussiness......
    I don't understand what is going on.... How could we dip after opening with all of this news coming out? Anyone have any ideas??? Very confused over here...

06-17-2009, 10:24 AM #13
    I don't post much.I've had this stock since 2004,and it has always been the same any good news does nothing for this stock.

Enthusiast
    06-17-2009, 10:26 AM #14
    Even though there are rumors flying around that the iPhone application will become reality tomorrow, they are just that - rumors. We all have to prepare ourselves for the possibility that the application will not happen tomorrow. I Think the stock price so far today does not reflect a general feeling that the application will be announced tomorrow. I think many people have the attitude "I'll believe it when I see it." It is also possible, because of all the rumors, that if the application is not announced tommorow the stock price will go down - just because of the disappointment.

I agree with others on this board who have today coaxed everyone to hold tight. Either the iPhone application will be launched or it won't. That's a fact even if it doesn't happen tomorrow. So, if you believe, don't lose hope if it doesn't happen "on schedule."

Everyone have a great day!

Mentor
    06-17-2009, 10:28 AM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Well.... It would if they can get their costs down a bit more and finish lauching sats for a few years, etc... But your right ultimately. Seems like their new approach is conservative....
    What if we never get past 20 million subs? They will, but I like the aggressive attitude about making it work right now. Today.

06-17-2009, 10:34 AM #16
    Manipulation+manipulation+manipulation=0000

Guru
    06-17-2009, 10:34 AM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutelySirius View Post
    I don't understand what is going on.... How could we dip after opening with all of this news coming out? Anyone have any ideas??? Very confused over here...
    What's going on here? Despite that little bull run we just recently witnessed, the economy remains as crappy as SIRI's balance sheet. These conditions are grave, I doubt news can really move it.

06-17-2009, 10:38 AM #18
    What I don't understand is the lack of communication to the share holders. This app has been hanging over our heads like a carrot on a stick. Like my dad use to say... either SH*T or get off the pot. crazy! If the app does not come out tommrow and SIRI does not go through with their promise to have it out by this month what happens next? I thought for sure we would see some positive movement after the Camery announcement and with the launch. It will happen. Maybe not today, maybe not tommrow, but it will. Just think about this..... how could subscriptions NOT go up when all these kids around the nation own Iphones and, as little kids do, are attracted to "naughty subjects that maybe the parents would not approve of".... well, here you go, one touch on the apps button and these kids are listening to Howard Stern on the school bus! Not great for morals in children, but good for sales. Afterall, it is up to the parents to be the ones to instill faith. Nonetheless, I am sure it could be a big controversy- but in the meantime SIRI will get a lot of subscriptions, especially if it is just a few bucks and the parents are used to getting crazy charges for too many text messages & ringtones.

Mentor
    06-17-2009, 10:44 AM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Boat View Post
    Manipulation+manipulation+manipulation=0000
    What? Seriously, WHAT!!??

Mentor
    06-17-2009, 10:47 AM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutelySirius View Post
    What I don't understand is the lack of communication to the share holders. This app has been hanging over our heads like a carrot on a stick. Like my dad use to say... either SH*T or get off the pot. crazy! If the app does not come out tommrow and SIRI does not go through with their promise to have it out by this month what happens next? I thought for sure we would see some positive movement after the Camery announcement and with the launch. It will happen. Maybe not today, maybe not tommrow, but it will. Just think about this..... how could subscriptions NOT go up when all these kids around the nation own Iphones and, as little kids do, are attracted to "naughty subjects that maybe the parents would not approve of".... well, here you go, one touch on the apps button and these kids are listening to Howard Stern on the school bus! Not great for morals in children, but good for sales. Afterall, it is up to the parents to be the ones to instill faith. Nonetheless, I am sure it could be a big controversy- but in the meantime SIRI will get a lot of subscriptions, especially if it is just a few bucks and the parents are used to getting crazy charges for too many text messages & ringtones.
    omg, YOUR RIGHT. If the app doesnt get released by June 30th, the company will probably have to file bk, and the stock will be at .01 cent. Then it comes out in July, who cares. All going into Q3 anyway. When they announce it, it will be a non news event anyway. Doesnt mean the stock wont respond, but its already known entity, just waiting for it to be official(market likes "offical").

Page 2 of 21 123412 ...