Page 42 of 43 ... 3240414243
    Guru
    06-21-2009, 04:19 PM #411

Here is an additional chart...be sure and check the other two a few pages back..Posts 398 & 400. They look very similar to this one, but are very different and they include definitions and illustrations for what I am talking about here.

On this chart we are using the WM% indicator. It is an indicator that measures overbought and oversold conditions. The whole idea is like this:
    If you look at the scale anything over -20 is overbought and anything below -80 is oversold. -50 is of prime concern, because you should not buy a stock until it crosses up over -50 and you should sell when it goes below -50.

I have put three scales up there: one at 7 days, one at 14 days and one at 21 days.

The 7 day scale is for day traders....today! and that is it. By looking at that scale you can see that it is -58.82. If you were a day trader, you would have sold when it crossed -50.

The 14 day scale is for mid and the 21 is for a long - a three to four day hold.

Long means that you are going up with the stock. That you are not shorting it. Don't confuse it with time.

You can see where the numbers vary.

The reason that I used this indicator is to look at the 7 day. You can see that it crossed.

If you look at the RSI which is not on here, you will see that it coincides with the small dip at the very end of the RSI for the day.

Now, you shouldn't buy until this indicator comes back up above -50. This again confirms the "HOLD" position for MGLG tomorrow when the market opens. Now look at the parabolic sar (the little red dots I talked about in the first chart). They say buy, however, they are looking at a longer term than the 7 day WM%. If the stock started dumping, those little red dots would jump up on top of the candles telling you to sell. You should always use WM% in conjunction with the RSI and the ADX. Always use the MACD.

That was the whole purpose for this particular chart...to confirm a hold or buy position at market open tomorrow. Be sure and look at the other MGLG chart that I did. This one may just confuse you.

What this does, if you contrast it with Bass's info in the previous post right before this one is work with the other 20% of the buy equation that is not included in the short term projection in his post.

Do your own Due Diligence. I am just another flake in a snowstorm and am not responsible for your wins or monetary loses. I rode the short yellow bus to school.

Bill
    Last edited by billhart22; 06-21-2009 at 05:31 PM.

Guru
    06-21-2009, 05:29 PM #412
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    OK, for all the newbies out there!!!

I will try and make this as dry and neutral as possible

Alright, first of all, trade in sectors you understand, whether it be technology or, consumer cyclical. Also, if you are better at one thing over another, use your talents to your advantage. Do not allow anyone to influence what you know as fact!!!!

Second of all, don't follow the crowd, be your own trader, cherry pick what makes sense to you as an individual. Then implement your plans, and strategy as you see fit.

It is so important to stick to your plan, and don't waver at all!!!

For example: If you buy 10k shares of said company, then the stock goes up 15% 20% I personally recommend setting up a stop loss order. Either by % or price, depending on the stock and how bad the manipulation is. But lock in profits, and start over, or move on!!
    (This is one of my personal opinions above, build your own strategy)

Three, if you don't understand what you are looking at, don't be afraid to ask, in this forum, or other forums but, you need to verify the information yourself.

In my humble opinion, Ray, Bill, Tony, Trips, and many others here at siriusbuzz, mean well, and will help you out as much as possible. It is so important to develop your own strategy and again, cherry pick what you understand and know.

Fourth, there are many different tools out there that you can access for free.
    As Tony has said in the past, And I completely agree with him, (keep it simple stupid).
    My thoughts are: ( If it isn't broken, don't fix it).

I will keep the links lite here, and not load up and overwhelm anyone that is new!!!

These are macro tools that I reference, you may feel more comfortable starting from the bottom up, but I start at the top and widell my way down.
    I want others to share their tools and strategies also, so please guys jump in and throw in your knowledge!!!

http://www.wikinvest.com/wiki/Baltic_Dry_Index

Ah!! yes!! The BDI, good stuff here, if you don't read and understand the BDI, nothing personal, but you should not be trading period. Also watching and trading the shipping stocks is loads of fun!! The important thing about the BDI, it does not lie, nor can any one government control or manipulate, or seize control over it!! When all else fails, revert to the BDI!!! (unless there is a nuclear war, then nothing will matter).

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=%5Evix

The VIX is a monster all in its own, here is the wiki, read it too!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VIX

I will say this!! Don't always trust the WIKI pages, they can be manipulated, and I am not sure on, how often they are policed for factual information!!!! READERS BEWARE!!!

Volume is very important, not only when it involves individual stocks, but right now in the market as a whole!!!

http://finance.yahoo.com/advances

http://www.level2stockquotes.com/level-ii-quotes.html

Level 2, is good stuff for the micro trader, and if you want to watch manipulation.

My advice: Keep an eye on the macro as you focus on the micro. In other words, keep an open mind and do not channel yourself into a trap. Just be nimble, and not to aggressive, but don't let anything scare you away. Do your do diligence

OK, I am done for now, whether you are macro, or more finite, I hope this helps, anyone else, please feel free to jump in and share your points, and strategies for the newbies!!!

Some of us can look at one thing from 10 different points of view, others can not.

Please develop your own plan, and be an individualist HA, HA, HA!!!
    Don't chase the collectivists off of the cliff!!!!

WOW, all that time in the garage this weekend!!! I think you guys have me beat!!

Oh, ya, for those out there that want to understand the cycological aspects of trading read: (Animal Spirits). I for one, have not read the book, no need for me personally.
    Also, ...... man I hate to bring this up, but you have to follow politics very closely right now. I HATE politics!! But I am left with no choice, but to follow this train wreck right now, God knows for how long!!!

Anyway, when in doubt, just ask someone here on siriusbuzz, and if we know, we will try and help you out!!!

Good luck out there!!!

My personal sentiment right now: Short America, long foreign stocks.
    Jim - Very Good Post! That is really good advice!

Addict
    06-21-2009, 08:20 PM #413
    Quote Originally Posted by ray View Post
    (bcnd)
    http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...?board_id=7216

Bill, have a look , could be money on the ground...looking for a home in your wallet...lol
    happy fathers day ,hope the girls have called..!!!
    whats up Ray...I think you found something here! Thanks Tony

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbur.../s_629382.html

By Rich Cholodofsky
    TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Saturday, June 13, 2009
    Energy company buys Westmoreland land for possible $1 billion plant
    Last edited by Sworntwofun; 06-21-2009 at 08:25 PM.

06-21-2009, 08:33 PM #414
    Hey Tony,
    I sure would like to see You,BIll and the market watch group make some $$$$ ..I am in the info gathering mode on bcnd but I am holding it now
    I did not want to miss the .000s..but who knows ..
    bcle is also a keeper lets be slow to act ,remember prsc then .85 now 11.00 plus, oh my...lol
    Happy Fathers Day Tony...looking forward to hearing from you....!!

Addict
    06-21-2009, 08:37 PM #415
    Hey Tony,
    I sure would like to see You,BIll and the market watch group make some $$$$ ..I am in the info gathering mode on bcnd but I am holding it now
    I did not want to miss the .000s..but who knows ..
    bcle is also a keeper lets be slow to act ,remember prsc then .85 now 11.00 plus, oh my...lol
    Happy Fathers Day Tony...looking forward to hearing from you....!!
    BCND - BEACON REDEVELOPMENT (OTC)

Date Open High Low Last Change Volume % Change
    06/19/09 0.0006 0.0006 0.0004 0.0006 +0.0001 101909000 +20.00%

Composite Indicator
    Trend Spotter TM Hold

Short Term Indicators
    7 Day Average Directional Indicator Buy
    10 - 8 Day Moving Average Hilo Channel Buy
    20 Day Moving Average vs Price Buy
    20 - 50 Day MACD Oscillator Hold
    20 Day Bollinger Bands Buy

Short Term Indicators Average: 80% - Buy
    20-Day Average Volume - 148499750

Medium Term Indicators
    40 Day Commodity Channel Index Buy
    50 Day Moving Average vs Price Buy
    20 - 100 Day MACD Oscillator Buy
    50 Day Parabolic Time/Price Buy

Medium Term Indicators Average: 100% - Buy
    50-Day Average Volume - 85051023

Long Term Indicators
    60 Day Commodity Channel Index Buy
    100 Day Moving Average vs Price Buy
    50 - 100 Day MACD Oscillator Hold

Long Term Indicators Average: 67% - Buy
    100-Day Average Volume - 52822906

Overall Average: 80% - Buy

Price Support Pivot Point Resistance

0.0006 0.0003 0.0005 0.0007

06-21-2009, 09:14 PM #416
    Tony,
    bcnd....are we in or out ..it looks good to me ..I could be out a.m right away,but I am thinking keeper right now..??? any thoughts...Tripps,Shots,Bill,Dread,StockM,and group all info welcome.....

Addict
    06-21-2009, 09:27 PM #417
    Tony,
    bcnd....are we in or out ..it looks good to me ..I could be out a.m right away,but I am thinking keeper right now..??? any thoughts...Tripps,Shots,Bill,Dread,StockM,and group all info welcome.....
    It looks good for a min investment for a long term gain....Im gonna watch it tomorrow and pic some up..........good luck and Ill try to see if your on gmail in the morning......Tony

Guru
    06-21-2009, 10:08 PM #418
    Tony,
    I am still going to take a look at it. I haven't had time today. I still have about three hours left until sack time.

I wish that a day had more hours in it.

There is a lot of buzz here and there about those leases that I have caught out of the corner of my eye. I think there are quite a few leases breaking out now. I just have to look.
    Last edited by billhart22; 06-21-2009 at 10:11 PM.

Guru
    06-21-2009, 10:38 PM #419

Bcnd

Well I see pinksheets.com is trying to shake BCND down for $3 grand a year to get rid of the Caveat Emptor skull and crossbones. Toxi stock syndrome.

They did the same thing to MGLG. MGLG didn't want to put the money out either. Sounds like BCND will do the same.

Pinksheets may be something to be reckoned with. They supposedly do this now every time a company changes it name, from what I am understanding after reading the BCND forum prelog on IHub. I could be wrong. Do your own DD on that subject. If anybody finds anything on that subject, please let us know.

For some reason, this stock is reminiscent...lol..correct me if I am wrong. From all appearances it should take a while to get the ball rolling there and nobody is sure if the have acquired the land yet from what I read. It is very scattered information with some people all ready invested. Paperwork on the acquisition is important. (This is just what I can make out from it at this point...I just don't know yet)

In its early stages, the stock will be very volatile and will hop up and down a lot. A good early profit taker, maybe. This one is in a lot earlier stage than MGLG was when I got in.

I am going to do more digging. If it all comes together then it sounds great. Does anyone have anything definitive on acquisition of the land yet?

Thanks,
    Bill
    Last edited by billhart22; 06-21-2009 at 11:47 PM.

06-21-2009, 11:01 PM #420
    Tony,
    I honestly have nothing on BCND, sorry buddy!!

NOG has been beaten down pretty hard, I am going to watch it on level 2 this week if I have time. Also I stumbled onto ELRA while looking at NOG. Not sure what to make of ELRA at this time.

Watch list for the week:

NOG / UAUA / SIRI / ESLR / RAMS / OCNF / SIRI of course / and others as well.

I believe we have the creature from jekyll island, AKA the fed, selling more dept this week. I am going to try and watch this carefully. I have been hearing news out there, about countries starting to back away from buying our dept.
    Guess we will see what happens!!

I guess that is all I have for now, good luck out there guys, and happy trading!!! Have a good week!!!!