Page 33 of 43 ... 233132333435 ...
    Addict
    06-19-2009, 09:42 AM #321
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    The market maker NITE is a Satan! They won't let loose!
    They will. Its only 9:42. Wait till 10am

06-19-2009, 09:45 AM #322

market makers

Bill,
    I hope this isnt too much of a task, but if you have a second can you explain to me what/who a market maker is and what their role is? How do they effect our SP and how do you know who they are on level II? If you are busy im sure i can find it online somewhere. Thanks for any insight you can offer. -Dan

Addict
    06-19-2009, 09:52 AM #323
    Quote Originally Posted by thetree View Post
    Bill,
    I hope this isnt too much of a task, but if you have a second can you explain to me what/who a market maker is and what their role is? How do they effect our SP and how do you know who they are on level II? If you are busy im sure i can find it online somewhere. Thanks for any insight you can offer. -Dan
    What Does Market Maker Mean?
    A broker-dealer firm that accepts the risk of holding a certain number of shares of a particular security in order to facilitate trading in that security. Each market maker competes for customer order flow by displaying buy and sell quotations for a guaranteed number of shares. Once an order is received, the market maker immediately sells from its own inventory or seeks an offsetting order. This process takes place in mere seconds.

Investopedia explains Market Maker
    The Nasdaq is the prime example of an operation of market makers. There are more than 500 member firms that act as Nasdaq market makers, keeping the financial markets running efficiently because they are willing to quote both bid and offer prices for an asset.

Addict
    06-19-2009, 09:54 AM #324
    Bill, where's our volume on MGLG?
    I hope its not too much to ask, but could you step in and purchase 100million shares or so to get this run going?

06-19-2009, 09:57 AM #325
    Quote Originally Posted by Skivail View Post
    Also, who went to Myrtle? I went to school at Coastal a long time ago. Myrtle Beach rocks!!!
    Skivail--
    It was I who went to North Myrtle Beach this week. Our family owns a couple places in Cherry Grove (the northern tip of North Myrtle Beach). We go down there multiple times a year, my retired parents live there 4-5 months out of the year.
    Allegiant Air (ALGT) now has direct air from my town to Myrtle Beach for insanely low prices. It's like having a private jet. 50 minute flight now, compared to a 9 hour drive for $50 per person each way? I'll take it.
    It is one of my favorite places on Earth.

Bill--
    Appreciate the info via PM. I'll make a few trades today and fill you all in later on.

Guru
    06-19-2009, 09:59 AM #326
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    I hope its not too much to ask, but could you step in and purchase 100million shares or so to get this run going?
    LOL, spank the ask! That is the quickest way to drive the price up. Volume shouldl be later today. I don't believe everybody has caught on yet.

Guru
    06-19-2009, 10:19 AM #327
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    109 million, it is growing faster

Addict
    06-19-2009, 10:24 AM #328
    It seems SSCCQ has become a good stock for flipping. Just keeps going between .17 and .21 Nice 20%-25% profit per flip for the right risk taker there.

Guru
    06-19-2009, 10:37 AM #329
    SSCCQ has been pretty up and down lately. Frankly, if the stock didn't have a Q on the end of it I would have kept it. If they re-issue .V stock then the Q stock is worthless. It's better to be safe than sorry. No more Q's for me.

MGLG was held down by NITE right out of the gate...something will shake a little later today. Everybody is hanging on to shares and others are trying to buy cheap as possible.

What are your thoughts?

Addict
    06-19-2009, 10:50 AM #330
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    SSCCQ has been pretty up and down lately. Frankly, if the stock didn't have a Q on the end of it I would have kept it. If they re-issue .V stock then the Q stock is worthless. It's better to be safe than sorry. No more Q's for me.

MGLG was held down by NITE right out of the gate...something will shake a little later today. Everybody is hanging on to shares and others are trying to buy cheap as possible.

What are your thoughts?
    My thoughts are just for flipping. You're right about it being too risky to hold.

Page 33 of 43 ... 233132333435 ...