Page 2 of 2 12
    Guru
    06-16-2009, 12:00 PM #11
    I think it took them that long for the reasons I gave above. I will say though that is a semi logical answer about the servers. I am not that aware of it being that difficult though

That is not true for artist/writers they have seperate contracts with. If you recall reading some of those articles it mentions this issue of royalties.

Head Honcho
    06-16-2009, 01:41 PM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I will say though that is a semi logical answer about the servers. I am not that aware of it being that difficult though
    Neither is getting an iPhone app out yet, it has been 11 months.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    06-16-2009, 02:26 PM #13
    Charles, I think the difference is you believe it is the incompetence of the IT department, I believe there are business reasons for the way/time things are done in. I sorry but to believe Mel has changed that much from the way he used to be, to some softy, doesn't fly with me. If things were not moving in the way or as fast as he thinks they should be, he would have got rid of them fast. I think Mel is even less patient then you.

Head Honcho
    06-16-2009, 02:58 PM #14
    Mel doesn't have to be a softy for my theory to work, he would just be out of touch or ignorant, which is easy to believe at his age. I know plenty of people his age that are far more intelligent then me that are still unable to wrap their heads around emerging tech/trends.

Again, I understand that you think there are business reasons but, I still think that they could emulate slackdora with music and music alone... which they already offer online. So, I dont think royalties are the issue. Again, there is no way the royalty rate cost would be more then the price people pay to stream music. UNLESS someone streamed all day every day BUT, that happens and others make up for that difference. We all know that Netflix loses money on their top 1% power users but the other 99% more then make up for that loss. This happens in all kinds of web/tech related industries.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 2 of 2 12