Page 1 of 2 12
    Mentor
    06-08-2009, 07:16 PM #1

Spring Water Vs. Tap Water. Give us your opinion!!

Everyone knows spring water is better than tap water. Let me give you an anology... Random.... Let me think... Ok, got it...
    Tap water is like Slacker, and Spring Water is like SiriusXM. One is high quality, the other free, and tastes like crap.
    Comments?

Guru
    06-08-2009, 07:33 PM #2
    Bored or frustrated? I was thinking of starting a thread called "Whats my favorite color"

Another analogy might be cold filtered water from the door of the fridge or tap water. The fridge door filters cost me mega $$ and are slightly inconvenient (ie aftermarket), but once I tried it I couldn't go back to tap.

Now, bottled water (itunes, cruise cast) that is some worthless expensive BS.

Enthusiast
    06-08-2009, 07:49 PM #3
    Just to go way out of character. A link. Yes me. Provided for this thread topic.

http://www.ehso.com/ehshome/DrWater/drinkingwater.php

Guru
    06-08-2009, 07:55 PM #4
    Really i think if your going to use water as a way to compare the two services i think you should use

Potable versus Palatable

Head Honcho
    06-08-2009, 08:06 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Ok, got it...
    Tap water is like Slacker, and Spring Water is like SiriusXM. One is high quality, the other free, and tastes like crap.
    Comments?
    That doesn't work though, unless you think that tap doesn't compete with bottled.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    06-09-2009, 05:39 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    That doesn't work though, unless you think that tap doesn't compete with bottled.
    Who said Tap water is free?My monthly water bill here in Pa averages $70 a month,with a $18 month customer charge factored in...Which comes to roughly $2.35 a day,or 1 and 1/2 gallons a day of spring water,which is clean crisp,fresh and taste's great...Of course water bill is for more than just drinking,also for bathing and cooking and flushing...

P.S.but the delivery system for Tap is like Slackdora,it sucks and is loaded down with junk and gook,just like ads for slackdora...Anybody seen the insides of a 100 year old water pipe lately?gross
    Last edited by JohnnyIrishXM; 06-09-2009 at 05:42 AM.

Guru
    06-09-2009, 07:50 AM #7
    Im no tree hugger but it pains me to see people spraying perfectly good drinking water out on the ground every day...for what? a green lawn...

Mentor
    06-09-2009, 09:50 AM #8
    I knew Charles coulndt resist. Had to defend tap water!! Moved this thread? I was sure he would delete it. I would have.

Guru
    06-09-2009, 03:20 PM #9
    Say what you will but reason pizza from New York taste better then the rest is because..... wait for it..... wait for it........ good old New York tap water. The question was put to a test not to long ago.

06-09-2009, 07:42 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Everyone knows spring water is better than tap water. Let me give you an anology... Random.... Let me think... Ok, got it...
    Comments?
    Rel its funny you bring that up. I noticed an employee making coffee out of our Deionized water faucet in the lab here at work. I asked them if they realized that DI water will attack the metals in their coffee pot. They assured me that the coffee comes out stronger and far smoother than tap water or bottled water. They also said that all of their parts in the coffee machine were plastic. (I call bullshit on that there has to be some metal pieces in a coffee maker..) They promised they wouldn't use it in an espresso machine. So from my co-workers stance DI water is superior to tap or bottled water. Unfortunately this leaves us in a conundrum which is really better DI water or Spring water? Things that make you say hmmmmmmm. I wouldn't put crappy water into my Iphone if it had a coffee maker in it. I think I would go with the Spring or the DI (Siri XM)

BTW the weather is just beautiful here today in the Pacific Rim!
    Last edited by Joeboo1; 06-09-2009 at 07:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12