06-12-2009, 08:05 PM #21
    Not a whole lot went on today.

Hey, how 'bout those REDWINGS!!!!

Go REDWINGS and Sirius, of course.

Julie

Guru
    06-13-2009, 01:49 AM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    On the 3 month chart, can bollinger bands cross?
    That is really funny. Sincerely!

That was the funniest thing that I have read all day. Good one!

Bill

Mentor
    06-13-2009, 10:38 AM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    That is really funny. Sincerely!

That was the funniest thing that I have read all day. Good one!

Bill
    Be nice. Honest question. No they cant. They can seem like they are one line though(converging). Bollinger bands are overrated. One of the lowest level TA methods of stock tracking. No expert trader uses them much. They prefer Elliot waves, trendlines, Fib counts, Candlesticks, and cycles. Then theirs Stochastics, MACD, and RSI. Money flow is sometimes good to look at too. Cycles is one of the most advanced forms of TA. To learn GANN cycles takes a lot of time. Some expert traders will incorporate astrology too. Bollinger bands are good for short term trading however. Day traders use them more than anyone else.

Guru
    06-13-2009, 11:19 AM #24
    Relmor - I was being sarcastic about the pps being so damn stagnant, but as a beginner to TA I do appreciate the info. I have my money in Fidelity and their advanced chart, albeit slightly cumbersome, has many of the indicatores you mention. Having said that, I have yet to look at them and make a correct decision.

For example, I mentioned XTXI above. I bought it based on shear buzz. When I looked at the chart nothing stood out. Then seemingly out of nowhere, it breaks out (after I sell). I didn't see it at all. It pisses me off a little. I need really advanced chart and analysis software that screams at you, "IT"S GOING TO BREAKOUT; BUY NOW YOU IDIOT".

I have also looked at UDRL. This baby is way oversold, and has been for a while. Yesterday, it went red after trading sideways after a new issue of common shares. I may put some money on it next week. Another one I look at is FOE. When the market is bullish, it will go up big.

Siriustunes, thanks for the explanation. What is their motivation in doing so? Are the mm's getting greased by the NAB? Why can't we simply place incrementallly higher 100 share buy orders to get the price up? Actually, I don't think Fidelity will take an order over the ask.
    Last edited by SiriuslyLong; 06-13-2009 at 11:23 AM.

Addict
    06-13-2009, 04:03 PM #25
    Technology and Performance Converge in Pioneer’s Flagship Navigation System
    Business Wire
    posted: 17 MINUTES AGO

http://money.aol.com/rtn/pr/pioneer-...645?channel=pf

This is where the mention Siri you can read the rest if you like.....

DVD video/ CD playback and Dual Zone – The AVIC-Z110BT supports playback of DVD Video, DVD-R/RW and CD/CD-R/RW discs. Recordable discs with iTunes® AAC, MP3, WMA, WAV, DivX® and MPEG4 files are also supported. The system also features dual zone entertainment, sending video and audio content from the DVD player to optional rear seat monitors and wireless headphones*3 while the driver and front passenger listens to AM/FM/HD®/XM®/SIRIUS® Satellite Radio or certain other connected sources.

capability to optional XM*5, SIRIUS*6 Satellite and HD Radio tuners, and customizable illumination. With a range of 32,768 customizable illumination colors available, users can match the factory look of virtually any car’s interior.

Hi all...Hope your all having a great weekend...

I think I might of found a bit of good news for us to start the week with....

Tony

Here is another one...
    X Marks the Spot with Pioneer’s New AVIC-X Series Navigation Systems

http://money.aol.com/rtn/pr/x-marks-...649?channel=pf
    Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today announced the release of the AVIC-X710BT and AVIC-X910BT, which build upon Pioneer’s history of in-dash navigation systems by combining turn-by-turn navigation, audio and video* entertainment and connectivity options including Apple iPod® and iPhone®, Bluetooth® cell phones, MSN® Direct**, HD® Radio and SIRIUS XM® Satellite Radio.

As high-end audio units, each system is equipped with Pioneer’s Supertuner IIID AM/FM tuner, three sets of RCA outputs and a built-in 50 Watts X 4 high power amplifier, and is ready to connect to various optional tuners including XM and SIRIUS Satellite Radio and HD Digital Radio
    Last edited by Sworntwofun; 06-13-2009 at 04:09 PM.

Mentor
    06-14-2009, 03:28 PM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Relmor - I was being sarcastic about the pps being so damn stagnant, but as a beginner to TA I do appreciate the info. I have my money in Fidelity and their advanced chart, albeit slightly cumbersome, has many of the indicatores you mention. Having said that, I have yet to look at them and make a correct decision.

For example, I mentioned XTXI above. I bought it based on shear buzz. When I looked at the chart nothing stood out. Then seemingly out of nowhere, it breaks out (after I sell). I didn't see it at all. It pisses me off a little. I need really advanced chart and analysis software that screams at you, "IT"S GOING TO BREAKOUT; BUY NOW YOU IDIOT".

I have also looked at UDRL. This baby is way oversold, and has been for a while. Yesterday, it went red after trading sideways after a new issue of common shares. I may put some money on it next week. Another one I look at is FOE. When the market is bullish, it will go up big.

Siriustunes, thanks for the explanation. What is their motivation in doing so? Are the mm's getting greased by the NAB? Why can't we simply place incrementallly higher 100 share buy orders to get the price up? Actually, I don't think Fidelity will take an order over the ask.
    Looks like Billhart got the joke then, and I didnt. I mean, it seemed like any honest question, lol. Ya, then it is funny, your comment. Nice!!!

Guru
    06-14-2009, 04:21 PM #27

Bollinger Bands

The ONLY thing that Bollinger Bands do is measure volatility. Other than that, they are useless. Volatility is their sole purpose.

MACD, RSI, ADX, Volume, MA's are all very useful.

When I hear people say "Ah, look at the Bollinger Bands, the price should go up", I have to laugh. They have nothing to do with it.

Guru
    06-14-2009, 04:30 PM #28

Another One

I hear this one a lot:

"Once we cross the xx day ma, then we will be going up". It is impossible to cross a moving average. You can go above the LAST moving average, but you cannot cross something that is not there yet. The ma is an average of all prices so far.

Petty, I know, but just some food for thought.

Guru
    06-14-2009, 04:33 PM #29

Lastly

If you haven't been reading the Market Watch thread and are interested in making money, then this might be the good time to do it. MGLG is white hot!

Do your own DD though. We are not responsible for your earnings or losses.

Guru
    06-14-2009, 05:52 PM #30
    well bb bands have worked for me, nothing is for sure. you use your method ill use mine.