06-11-2009, 07:36 AM #1

Sudden problem w/ radio in car

I have had a Sirius Stratus SV3 for 3 years now. Everything was working perfectly when I went to work Monday, but when I came out to drive home I had the following problem:

The Sirius is on & receiving a signal (the station & song is showing up on the display w/ 3 bars). But my car radio does not seem to be commpletely receiving the signal. With the Sirius off, my preset station has static, when I turn the Sirius on, I get the "pop" sound that usually indicates they are talking to each other, but no music - just a low hum (faint static if I turn the volume all the way up).

I am using a magnetic antenna stuck to my trunk lid (just below my car antenna). I have unplugged & replugged everything, checked the wires to make sure nothing is broken and tried changing the FM frequency - nothing works. I did test the Sirius on my boombox in the house & it works fine, so I don't think there is a problem with the unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated - I spend 2 hrs a day in the car and forgot how much commercial radio stinks!

Enthusiast
    06-11-2009, 12:37 PM #2
    Do you have this hardwired to your cars radio through an FM direct adapter? If so then the switch inside the adapter may be bad. If not then I would suggest getting one. This will help improve your listening experience inside your car. The radio and dock's FM transmitter may have gone bad and if that's the case it may have to be replaced. I don't think it's your sat antenna. A good way to test this is to plug a set of headphones into the audio out or line out port on the back of the docking station. If you hear sound then you know you are receiving it fine. If not then there is an issue with receiving the satellite radio content.

06-11-2009, 01:16 PM #3
    Thanks Matt - I'll look into all that this aftrnoon.

Enthusiast
    06-12-2009, 11:43 AM #4
    Cool beans. Let me know what the outcome was.