Page 1 of 4 123 ...
    Guru
    06-10-2009, 08:30 AM #1

SIRI Intraday Thread Wednesday June 10th 2009

we cant sit here at .34 forever can we?

06-10-2009, 08:50 AM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    we cant sit here at .34 forever can we?
    It is a bit ridiculous. I don't have the knowledge to offer up an explaination but it's just so odd. I've been asking around to all my freinds and coworkers the past couple of days to see if anyone has ever seen any ads for SiriusXM and everyone says they've never seen one. I look for these things and I can say that I don't see any either. Is their marketing dept. alive??? do they not have a budget??? Are they just brain dead??? I would love to switch to the Iphone and get SiriusXM on it, my company would pay for it, but I do want a quality product and not switch to say I have it but I don't see anything out there advertising this thing???

06-10-2009, 09:23 AM #3
    I agree, I never see anything about Sirius on TV. The most I've heard of it in a while is Howard on Letterman. It's funny because on the stern show they comment every time Artie goes on a talk show about how the people at sirius make a HUGE deal for him to mention SIRIUS on the air. He says it makes him nervous and how it is always in the back of his mind to get the plugs out. How about buying a commercial or two and let the fat bastard concentrate on being funny?

06-10-2009, 09:28 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by atmgeek1 View Post
    I've been asking around to all my freinds and coworkers the past couple of days to see if anyone has ever seen any ads for SiriusXM and everyone says they've never seen one. I look for these things and I can say that I don't see any either.

Do you or any of your friends watch nascar or sports? Those seem like they would be good venues for ads. What about anyone who has DirecTV? Has anyone seen any cross promotion?
    I know my dad gets the NFL sunday ticket every year so he can follow EVERY game. He has sirius which lets him follow them on the go. I think there are a TON of like minded people out there who watch NFL and might not even be aware that sirius offers this.

Guru
    06-10-2009, 09:41 AM #5
    here we go again, another game of follow the bid.

Addict
    06-10-2009, 09:46 AM #6
    ads are all over the internet.

Why is it that it is such a big deal to plug when Howard or Artie are on TV - is there an unwritten law against it ?

06-10-2009, 10:02 AM #7
    Sorry fellas.but this stock is ridiculous.With Howard on TV,the i phone thing,the "Movie" being released and of course a bailout,I still cannot believe this stock is still stuck at .34. Alan Mulally.......THAT is a CEO. Done.

06-10-2009, 10:07 AM #8
    I have Directv and I've seen no ads for sirius and yes there are ads on the internet, I think they spend as little as possible on advertising, They are a bunch of ordertakers and not salespeople. Ad's on the internet are cheap and easy. Management is lazy!!!!!!!!!!!!

06-10-2009, 10:11 AM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post
    ads are all over the internet.

Why is it that it is such a big deal to plug when Howard or Artie are on TV - is there an unwritten law against it ?
    No, That's not it. From what I understand from listening, It is a lot of pressure just to be on the late night talk shows, and making plugs just isn't a natural part of most conversations. Artie complains that it is distracting to try and remember to interject something completely off topic.

06-10-2009, 10:30 AM #10
    Ads on the internet are great but if that's the bulk of the advertising then they are being shortsighted. How about a banner in centerfield or an ad on the eletronic boards at some stadiums. How about some small commercials to start. You see when a sporting event is getting ready to go to commercial they flash a logo of a company and say somekind of tagline, "brought to you by SiriusXM, radio done right". Obviously something more genius than that but you get the point. I find it hard to believe that a company of that size falls short on marketing?? Maybe I don't see it here because they choose not to use ads in this market?

Page 1 of 4 123 ...