06-09-2009, 02:22 PM #1

Disappearing Signal Every Morning

Hey everybody. I just bought a brand spanking new Sirius Boombox with the Sirius Stratus 5 Reciever. I have the antenna in the window. Actually, it couldn't be more against the window than it is now. For the last few days every morning starting around 6 and lasts until around 9, the signal vanishes. I live in Alexandria, Va. I've had Sirius since late 2006 and have had very few problems. Anyone else experiencing this?

Enthusiast
    06-10-2009, 06:42 PM #2
    How long have you had this new setup? Has your morning reception problem only been in the last couple of days? Some of our customers will receive outages during certain times of the day for a short period of time. A lot of this has to do with the satellites and the earth rotation and axis during seasons. Yes, I know I'm a nerd. But this type of stuff does affect your signal and can typically disappear in about a week or so.

06-11-2009, 04:32 AM #3
    I've had the system a few months. The problem started a few days ago.

Enthusiast
    06-11-2009, 12:39 PM #4
    It could just be the satellites re-adjusting. This is pretty common and should be back to normal in less than a week. However, upgrading to an outdoor home antenna wouldn't hurt and will help you reach out and grab that signal better during outtage times.

06-16-2009, 08:50 AM #5
    Matt, Would this antenna (http://www.tss-radio.com/open-home-p...na-p-3911.html) help in an apartment setting? I can't make any holes in walls to run a wire outside. I currently have my magnetic automotive antenna leaning in the window. It works half the time. Whatever the antenna I use, it has to be on the inside of the window. Thank you.

Enthusiast
    06-16-2009, 10:34 AM #6
    Yes, that antenna would work perfect for you and in a way seems like your only option. You could also try placing that magnetic antenna on a metal surface and see if that helps increase the signal. Although you would still have to lean it against the window and that may not be too pleasing to look at.