Page 3 of 3 123
    Addict
    06-09-2009, 04:38 PM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Just so we are on common ground. I dont think were using the same definition. When I use the word, and I didnt, I mean it as this.
    Conspiracy(websters): any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.

Usually, they are in secret, and often illegal.

So you are denying reality basically. Go for it. And you call me crazy.
    Not calling you crazy...just kidding...and quoting Jack Nicholson's character form "As Good As it Gets"......
    Anyway....it's not about the dictionary definition. Conspiracy, with respect to its use in the expression 'conspiracy theory', is not a technical term as you describe, but a description of various cult-like theories that pop up in regards to events in the public eye. People can argue all day long as to the merits of these theories, but they all have one thing in common: they NEVER produce irrefutable hard evidence. They are peppered with some fact, but mostly by far fetched twisting of facts. Not saying that this issue around trading of SIRI necessarily rises to that definition, but it sure smacks of it. There are lots of conspiracy theorists who still believe NASA never landed a man on the moon. They parade out all sorts of 'evidence', all debunked. So, what I'm saying is, I have not seen any hard evidence with respect to this conspiracy surrounding SIRI stock. Lots of opinions and extrapolations based on things people say, but that's about it. I guess I just use the basic test: SIRI is a penny stock because it has bled cash and never turned a profit. Great stock to short, obviously. I own a lot of shares and I'm long, so I believe it will happen. Just don't see a conspiracy here, sorry.

Mentor
    06-09-2009, 04:56 PM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    Not calling you crazy...just kidding...and quoting Jack Nicholson's character form "As Good As it Gets"......
    Anyway....it's not about the dictionary definition. Conspiracy, with respect to its use in the expression 'conspiracy theory', is not a technical term as you describe, but a description of various cult-like theories that pop up in regards to events in the public eye. People can argue all day long as to the merits of these theories, but they all have one thing in common: they NEVER produce irrefutable hard evidence. They are peppered with some fact, but mostly by far fetched twisting of facts. Not saying that this issue around trading of SIRI necessarily rises to that definition, but it sure smacks of it. There are lots of conspiracy theorists who still believe NASA never landed a man on the moon. They parade out all sorts of 'evidence', all debunked. So, what I'm saying is, I have not seen any hard evidence with respect to this conspiracy surrounding SIRI stock. Lots of opinions and extrapolations based on things people say, but that's about it. I guess I just use the basic test: SIRI is a penny stock because it has bled cash and never turned a profit. Great stock to short, obviously. I own a lot of shares and I'm long, so I believe it will happen. Just don't see a conspiracy here, sorry.
    Fair enough my friend. Fair enough.
    But theory and conspiracy together has negative connotations, which is unfair to what the concept is. Its simple an unproven belief that more than one party is acting in accordance with each other. Thats it.
    If it could be proven, It wouldnt be a theory. And tons of "conspiracy" theories have been proven to my liking. Nothing is 100 percent proved. Nothing. I head about this thing called China. Have you heard of it? Ive never seen it. Prove it exists. To a pure skeptic, you cant. Its impossible. If you show him a TV clip, he can say, thats not china. Give him 100 eye witness's. Mass delusion. You see my point. That was an extreme example, but one used in my philosophy class. You cant even prove what we know as our reality isnt a dream. See why I dont like skeptics now?

Head Honcho
    06-12-2009, 11:30 AM #23
    Off topic conversation worthy of its own thread moved here; http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2103
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 3 of 3 123