Page 2 of 3 123
    Mentor
    06-09-2009, 02:50 PM #11
    Nice. I just read his other posts. We have ourselves a millionaire investor here folks, lets roll out the red carpet. Hey, osborn, you going to buy 1 million shares of SiriisXM?

Addict
    06-09-2009, 02:58 PM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    http://satwaves.com/blog/2009/06/09/.../#comment-1551

Your right, its all in my head. Irish, you should open your eyes. Your a very smart guy.
    Conspiracy theories always have this kind of 'fact' trail. If you read that article carefully, it is based on total speculation by the author. News editors reject stories submitted by reporters all the time. Plus, who knows what this reporter's personal deal is at Bloomberg. To assume this is part of giant media conspiracy, based on this type of info, is absurd. Perhaps the importance and interest in this documentary is overblown by its creators? I don't know. But, for me, this whole conspiracy doesn't make sense. But, I am also someone who believes in the lone gunman theory of the JFK assassination, and reject all the BS floating around on that one, too. Hey, but that's just me...
    p.s. Freedom of the Press, under the First Amendment, has nothing to do with this, one way or the other. That freedom is based on the government preventing free speech and free press, not the inner process within a news organization. So, even if you believe Bloomberg is suppressing this story, it has nothing to do with the First Amendment. Nothing.

Mentor
    06-09-2009, 02:58 PM #13
    http://satwaves.com/blog/2009/06/09/.../#comment-1551

Your right, its all in my head. Irish, you should open your eyes. Your a very smart guy.
    Ok,you figured me out,damn it I'm the smoking guy from the X-FILES,coming to get everyone but them and they!!!!!

Mentor
    06-09-2009, 03:04 PM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Ok,you figured me out,damn it I'm the smoking guy from the X-FILES,coming to get everyone but them and they!!!!!
    Your attitude is not uncommon. At least you have that going for it. In fact, your in the majority on that one. Other majorities.
    German council elects Hitler to assume dictatorship.
    Majority of some arab tribes believe in removing the womans private area thingy.
    Majority of the world used the think the world was flat.
    Majority of voters elected Obama.
    Majority of SiriusXM stockholders took a bath last year.
    Should I continue with being in the majority gets you?
    Not an arguement. Saying you dont believe something presented to you is not a case. Its pure skepticism. Nothing easier in this world than to be a skeptic. If you see this "fact" trail, and you ignore it, thats your business. I choose to check out where it goes. And believe what I see. You can discount EVERY ONE SINGLE piece of evidence in any case, in any situation, to disprove something. But if you add them all together, there really is no mystery.

Addict
    06-09-2009, 03:13 PM #15
    Saying you dont believe something presented to you is not a case. Its pure skepticism. Nothing easier in this world than to be a skeptic. If you see this "fact" trail, and you ignore it, thats your business. I choose to check out where it goes. And believe what I see. You can discount EVERY ONE SINGLE piece of evidence in any case, in any situation, to disprove something. But if you add them all together, there really is no mystery.

True....but....how many of these things can one person chase down? There are hundreds, probably more, of various conspiracy theories on a wide variety of issues. If someone makes a good case to me that there's corruption or something of that nature, I may look into learning more. But, if I don't buy the premise, or the 'facts' presented, or don't consider the source credible, sorry, not interested..."go sell crazy somewhere else....all full up here!"

06-09-2009, 03:17 PM #16
    I don't post often, but read alot. Yes I have a lot invested in Sirius. I recently bought another $50,000 face value bonds at .65 on the dollar maturing in 2014 bringing my bond total investment to

SEP account $150,000 face value bonds. $100k purchased at .33 on the dollar and the last 50k at .65 on the dollar at a 9.625 coupon so for dollars invested it's well over 20% return per year.

I also own 237,460 shares at an average cost of $1.23 in my brokerage account and another 23,750 shares in my SEP account at .3201 average.

I chose to buy the bonds for more security instead of averaging down shares this year.

Anyway, this is just to give some clarity on my interest in SiriusXM.

I don't think anything I wrote in the post was pumping the stock, just stating the facts about my what I learned from an activation clerk over the phone.

Hopefully her statement about being slow on activations in march doesn't spell for more sub losses than expected for the first quarter, but my gut tells me it does.

Guru
    06-09-2009, 03:31 PM #17
    aosborn, I will let you in on a little secret, the first quarter is over and the report is out. What she told you did and it was terrible sub loss.

Had to do it, you left yourself open.

Guru
    06-09-2009, 03:32 PM #18
    hey aosbiorn thx for the info, but 1st qtr numbers are already out, april till end of june is what matters now. damn john beat me too it.

Mentor
    06-09-2009, 03:32 PM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    True....but....how many of these things can one person chase down? There are hundreds, probably more, of various conspiracy theories on a wide variety of issues. If someone makes a good case to me that there's corruption or something of that nature, I may look into learning more. But, if I don't buy the premise, or the 'facts' presented, or don't consider the source credible, sorry, not interested..."go sell crazy somewhere else....all full up here!"
    Just so we are on common ground. I dont think were using the same definition. When I use the word, and I didnt, I mean it as this.
    Conspiracy(websters): any concurrence in action; combination in bringing about a given result.

Usually, they are in secret, and often illegal.

So you are denying reality basically. Go for it. And you call me crazy.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 06-09-2009 at 03:37 PM.

06-09-2009, 03:37 PM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    aosborn, I will let you in on a little secret, the first quarter is over and the report is out. What she told you did and it was terrible sub loss.

Had to do it, you left yourself open.
    my fault. not thinking clearly. Too many things going on in the office.

Page 2 of 3 123