Page 1 of 3 123
    06-09-2009, 12:40 PM #1

Activation call in experience

I called in yesterday to activate the XM subscription on my new 2010 Camaro and combine it with the account on my Acura TL. This is what I learned.

This is all based on the activations she had handled. Not overall. She had previously worked for XM before the merger.

The lady I spoke with said they have been getting busier lately. I asked if they had layed anyone off in the activation call center during the slower time this year and she said no.

I asked if they were hiring any new people since it was busier and she said yes.

I asked how most people subscribed. Month to Month or yearly plans. She said some took month to month, but most took quarterly or yearly plans.

I had 13 months left on my 3 year plan on the Acura so I upgraded that to lifetime service for $109.00 more. I took the lifetime plan on my Camaro for $399.99 which will bill after the 3 month trial period is over. You can get the "best of" lifetime for $100.00 more per radio.

I asked what percentage took the best of and she said it was approximately 20% for her activations.

I asked where the new activations were coming from and she said they were all over the board. Aftermarket radios, used vehicles, certified used vehicles and new vehicles.

She said when they were slower earlier this year that the slowest month was March, but they have picked up alot since then.

I asked if they offer a promotional period on used vehicles that were activated and she said that she offered if most of the time. I got the feeling she had the liberty of doing that at her discretion and I think she was just doing it whether they were ready to sign up or not. Probably they signed up for a paying package that started after the promo period though.

I asked if you could suspend service and restart it and she said yes.

I asked if you could transfer a subscription on a vehicle that was sold to another vehicle and she said yes.

Overall it was a good experience, but it seemed to take a while to complete the consolidation of the accounts and get it set up. It was good for me since I was asking all the questions, but others may not like the length of time it took.

Guru
    06-09-2009, 01:04 PM #2
    thanks, good work

Mentor
    06-09-2009, 01:13 PM #3
    Thanks for taking the time.

Mentor
    06-09-2009, 01:32 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Thanks for taking the time.
    Relmor,this is a perfect example why what you say on here sometimes is disbelievable...If aosborn had been posting a negative experience with customer service as have been done here before with same credentials,4 post joined in March 09 and never saw a post from him before,you would have and did so before, ranted and raved all over him about being a NAB paid basher and a whole lot more.....Just find it curious why not now?

AOSBORN,don't know you and have nothing against you,thank you for info if it is true,don't know,but i guesswe'll find out in 2Q CC..

Relmor if wondering where this is coming from,saw your rant over on SW about the boogie man conspiracy theory abouit everyone out to get SW and SXM and the little guy stock holders ...Pleasae give me a break!!!
    JMHO not being personal..

Guru
    06-09-2009, 01:59 PM #5
    ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww you gonna just take that relmor? DISSS DOG!

Mentor
    06-09-2009, 02:06 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww you gonna just take that relmor? DISSS DOG!
    Tripp,did you happen to read that Thread over there and the replies to it.?
    It is getting way out there with everything,spiraling out of control...
    do you know the DUKE?

Mentor
    06-09-2009, 02:24 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Tripp,did you happen to read that Thread over there and the replies to it.?
    It is getting way out there with everything,spiraling out of control...
    do you know the DUKE?
    What thread? LOL Now Im curious. I give positive posters the benefit of the doubt. If you dont like it, STICK IT. LOL Im kidding.

Ok OK,
    Who is this clown? 4 posts, come on here "offering" us information. Prove it you PUMPER!!!!!!

That better Irish?
    Last edited by relmor2003; 06-09-2009 at 02:37 PM.

Mentor
    06-09-2009, 02:41 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Relmor,this is a perfect example why what you say on here sometimes is disbelievable...If aosborn had been posting a negative experience with customer service as have been done here before with same credentials,4 post joined in March 09 and never saw a post from him before,you would have and did so before, ranted and raved all over him about being a NAB paid basher and a whole lot more.....Just find it curious why not now?

AOSBORN,don't know you and have nothing against you,thank you for info if it is true,don't know,but i guesswe'll find out in 2Q CC..

Relmor if wondering where this is coming from,saw your rant over on SW about the boogie man conspiracy theory abouit everyone out to get SW and SXM and the little guy stock holders ...Pleasae give me a break!!!
    JMHO not being personal..
    BOOO!!!!!! Boogie boogie boogie!!!

Believe what you want. I will. You are correct. I should have drilled him, made him feel like an ass, and had everyone here jumping on me, saying how mean I am, and how I should be nicer. So im being nicer.
    No one would have defended his right to post, since he probably isnt a woman. BOO!!!! Your wrong.

Mentor
    06-09-2009, 02:44 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    BOOO!!!!!! Boogie boogie boogie!!!

Believe what you want. I will. You are correct. I should have drilled him, made him feel like an ass, and had everyone here jumping on me, saying how mean I am, and how I should be nicer. So im being nicer.
    No one would have defended his right to post, since he probably isnt a woman. BOO!!!! Your wrong.
    Click on his name and check out his 3 previous post's...millionaire he is..

BBBBOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Mentor
    06-09-2009, 02:46 PM #10
    http://satwaves.com/blog/2009/06/09/.../#comment-1551

Your right, its all in my head. Irish, you should open your eyes. Your a very smart guy.

Page 1 of 3 123