Page 12 of 39 ... 2101112131422 ...
    06-11-2009, 09:17 AM #111

Hello

Hello,

I was wondering, i was researching the website of the company where my friend works (symbol SSCCQ)
    and it looks like its going to go up (he even works overtime, and they haven't laid anyone off so i don't think its going bankrupt)

i've never bought stocks before and don't know much about the stock market.

how do i buy stocks online? whats the best website? for like just buying 500$ to give it a try.

Thanks
    ~Sean

Guru
    06-11-2009, 09:26 AM #112

Mglg

We are off to the races...opening bid .001 and sell is .0011

2 x 15000 .001 and 1 x 5000 .0011 buy and then sell then .0012 for a sell

Hang on to your jockey shorts!

Yes women wear them too!, lol.

Bill

Addict
    06-11-2009, 09:30 AM #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Hello,

I was wondering, i was researching the website of the company where my friend works (symbol SSCCQ)
    and it looks like its going to go up (he even works overtime, and they haven't laid anyone off so i don't think its going bankrupt)

i've never bought stocks before and don't know much about the stock market.

how do i buy stocks online? whats the best website? for like just buying 500$ to give it a try.

Thanks
    ~Sean
    Good morning Sean. And welcome the forum.
    I too was a new investor when I began here, but with daily reading of this forum and the one at Satwaves I learned quite a bit. You will too if you stick with it.

To address SSCCQ, the Q on the end of the symbol indicates it is already in bankruptcy. You can compare this to GM stock. It went bankrupt and became GMGMQ.
    Besides that, it seems like a good stock. Many of us on this forum were in it but sold out due to concerns of stock holder value being wiped out when the company comes out of bankruptcy. We dont know the value will be wiped out, and we dont know if it will be preserved. So we didnt take the chance.

Please understand that whatever you read on this forum, from anyone, is only that persons opinion. None of us are professional stock advisors. And it is highly recommended that you put your own due diligence into your stock purchase choices. In the end, you are responsible for your own decisions and your own portfolio.

As far as online brokers, I like TDAmeritrade. It give the best account options, charts, and gadgets. Also, it has a nice free educational sections that you may be able to benefit from. Also, if you have some type of smart phone you can probably find an application that will link your phone to TDA.

All that being said, welcome to the forum. I believe you will find everyone here to be friendly and informational. We here believe that we can all make money together and everyone has something to contribute. So feel free to ask questions and make comments.

As you can see by reading yesterday's posts, most of us are invested in stocks MGLG, BCLE, and BEHL. We believe that these are poised to have large increases in share price very soon. But as I said, your own due diligence.

Looking forward to hearing more from you soon.

Addict
    06-11-2009, 09:32 AM #114
    Nice gap up on both MGLG and BCLE to open today. (The only two stocks I own currently) Could be a very good day!!!

I cant stick around on the forum long. My 'rents will be arriving soon.

Addict
    06-11-2009, 09:34 AM #115
    Bill did you see the news on BCLE this morning?
    Not earth shattering, but it's something.

Bio-Clean International Inc. Executive to Participate in House Subcommittee Roundtable
    Last update: 6/11/2009 9:00:15 AM
    HUNTINGTON BEACH, Calif., Jun 11, 2009 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Bio-Clean International, Inc. (Pink Sheets:BCLE) () announced today that John P. Finn, Executive Vice President and a Director of Bio-Clean International, Inc., is one of several individuals invited by Rep. Robert Filner (D-CA), a member of the House Veterans' Affairs Subcommittee on Economic Opportunity, to participate in a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business Roundtable being hosted by the Subcommittee this week at the U.S. Capitol.
    Mr. Finn, who is also President of Bio-Clean International's affiliated entity American Bio-Clean Corporation (), is a decorated Service-Disabled Veteran who served with the U.S. Army in the Vietnam War. He is also a long-time member and leader of the Association of Service-Disabled Veterans, which seeks equitable business opportunities on behalf of America's Service-Disabled Veterans and is one of several groups participating in the Roundtable.

Perhaps, if Finn is being invited to Congressional Committees and such, we will certainly be getting many of those govt bids we have in...???

06-11-2009, 09:38 AM #116

Hey

ooooo, yea i was wondering why it used to be SSCC and then SSCCQ, that sucks, my friends HR person said they only filed for bankruptcy protection but i guess not.

Thanks,
    i'm going to look at that website.
    i was wondering to, if you buy lets say 500$ of stock A at 1$, and sell all of your stock A at 2$ will you make 500$?

Addict
    06-11-2009, 09:43 AM #117
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    ooooo, yea i was wondering why it used to be SSCC and then SSCCQ, that sucks, my friends HR person said they only filed for bankruptcy protection but i guess not.

Thanks,
    i'm going to look at that website.
    i was wondering to, if you buy lets say 500$ of stock A at 1$, and sell all of your stock A at 2$ will you make 500$?
    Thats correct. Take the Share price (now 2$) multiplied by number of shares purchased (500$/ 1$per share = 500 shares) 2$x500shares = 1000$
    But remember you have to subtract commissions. TDA takes 9.99 per trade. So it costs 20$ to buy AND sell a stock.
    So $980 total!

06-11-2009, 09:50 AM #118
    Good morning all you MGLG'ers!

Guru
    06-11-2009, 09:54 AM #119
    .0015 is coming up next. sorry for the briefness....will respond to everybody soon

Guru
    06-11-2009, 10:02 AM #120
    One .0013 bid and 5 .0015 ask now

Page 12 of 39 ... 2101112131422 ...