Page 16 of 17 ... 614151617
    Head Honcho
    06-09-2009, 12:53 PM #151
    It was never going to happen. Not a snowballs chance in hell. I would have bet my house on it without even having to consider the possibility of it happening.

I guess "impossible" insinuates that it physically could not have happened. It could have happened because people were physically capable of doing it but, there was never a chance it was going to.

I am not negative, I am educated. If you dont think what I have to say is valuable, then ignore me... your loss.

As far as being positive, I could not possibly be happier with my life. I am one of the luckiest/blessed people I know in this world. My only headache is the fanatical people who want to ignore facts and manipulate facts to fit their own cause.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    06-09-2009, 01:07 PM #152
    i just disagree with your assumption that sirius couldnt possibly show off their ap like many other companies did, i made sure to say it could very well not happen. people who made it sound like a done dea,l yeah thats dumb, but it was VERY POSSIBLE

Mentor
    06-09-2009, 01:16 PM #153
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    It was never going to happen. Not a snowballs chance in hell. I would have bet my house on it without even having to consider the possibility of it happening.

I guess "impossible" insinuates that it physically could not have happened. It could have happened because people were physically capable of doing it but, there was never a chance it was going to.

I am not negative, I am educated. If you dont think what I have to say is valuable, then ignore me... your loss.

As far as being positive, I could not possibly be happier with my life. I am one of the luckiest/blessed people I know in this world. My only headache is the fanatical people who want to ignore facts and manipulate facts to fit their own cause.
    Their own cause? What, of liking and believing in SiriusXM. Only causes Ive seen on here.

Head Honcho
    06-09-2009, 01:18 PM #154
    Assuming is something you do without knowledge. To say that I was assuming would be incorrect. The only company I have been following longer then SIRI is APPL.

It was never going to happen. I don't know how I can stress it more. I would have bet my house on it.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    06-09-2009, 01:21 PM #155
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Their own cause? What, of liking and believing in SiriusXM. Only causes Ive seen on here.
    So, that makes it OK? If I like Sirius XM I can bend information to help Sirius knowing full well that its crap?

BTW, I am not sure of anyones "cause." What I do know is that I am one of the only people around that uses their real name and has their real address and my real job available for all to see. Yet, I am the one who is questioned.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    06-09-2009, 01:25 PM #156
    so why would apple invite line6, who quite honestly isnt going to attract that many new iphone buyers just for their lame ass ap, which by the way didnt work! when they could of had sirius who has the potential to generate way more sales for iphone, when u take into account they have 15 million self paying subs who some of which might want to get an iphone to have satrad on the go. i know i would buy one, since i can get it on itunes ive been seriously thinking about it. how many iphones would be sold if 2 percent of sirius's customer base went out and bought an iphone? i tell you what i own line 6 amps and i could give a shit about a line6 app. too me it would be bad business not to consider showing off sirius's app, and getting a shot at grabbing some of sirius's customer base and turning them into iphone users.

Guru
    06-09-2009, 01:36 PM #157
    siri is trading really odd today, the ask isnt moving but one trade after another keeps going off above it.

Head Honcho
    06-09-2009, 01:38 PM #158
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    so why would apple invite line6, who quite honestly isnt going to attract that many new iphone buyers just for their lame ass ap, which by the way didnt work!
    Apple was and has been looking to providing musical apps and lessons for the last couple of years. Appealing to musicians is the next big frontier for these guys. They started offering music lessons for the guitar via itunes last year I believe. So, it just made sense.

when they could of had sirius who has the potential to generate way more sales for iphone, when u take into account they have 15 million self paying subs who some of which might want to get an iphone to have satrad on the go.
    The Sirius XM app is not going to make a difference to the bottom line of iPhone sales.

i know i would buy one, since i can get it on itunes ive been seriously thinking about it. how many iphones would be sold if 2 percent of sirius's customer base went out and bought an iphone?
    Not enough to matter to Apple. More people would get Sirius XM if they had an iPhone then people would buy an iPhone if they have Sirius XM.

i tell you what i own line 6 amps and i could give a shit about a line6 app. too me it would be bad business not to consider showing off sirius's app, and getting a shot at grabbing some of sirius's customer base and turning them into iphone users.
    I think where everyone goes wrong is that they think that Apple cares what Sirius is doing. Apple has moved 1 billion iPhone apps. People who follow Sirius XM wishfully think that a giant like Apple would care about the company they are investing in, but the reality is that they dont. Apple does not need Sirius, although some think that Sirius XM needs Apple (not me).
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Guru
    06-09-2009, 01:49 PM #159
    the numbers speak for themselves, if u think 15 million people out there all of a sudden hearing advertisements on sirixm about the iphone app and listening on their iphone, you dont think when they go to buy a new phone an iphone isnt going to be on their mind, kinda small minded of you to think apple wouldnt care about free advertisement to some1 else's customer base, why do u think they are advertising these apps anyway, its a very good way for cross promotion. i dunno charles i disagree with the way your seeing it. yes apple doesnt care about sirius, but they do care about selling iphones, and if they dont care about the potential to sale iphones to sirixm customers than they are not thinking like a normal sales oriented company. you saying that no iphones would be sold only siri subscriptions gained that is just an opinion on your part, imo it would add to the overall amount of iphones sold. even if it added just 50,000, why would iphone ignore that, its not like they will have to pay anything as siri would be plugging it on their own to their 15 million subs.

Head Honcho
    06-09-2009, 02:13 PM #160
    why do u think they are advertising these apps anyway, its a very good way for cross promotion.
    They are advertising these apps because they think they have the biggest chance in getting their marketing message across to build their customer base. If they thought that Sirius XM was important, it would have been there.

i dunno charles i disagree with the way your seeing it.
    Thats fine. I am ok with agreeing to disagree.

yes apple doesnt care about sirius, but they do care about selling iphones, and if they dont care about the potential to sale iphones to sirixm customers than they are not thinking like a normal sales oriented company.
    Or they have looked at the numbers and they don't think it makes sense to them right now. One would think think that the master marketers that are the Apple machine know what they are doing.

you saying that no iphones would be sold only siri subscriptions gained that is just an opinion on your part, imo it would add to the overall amount of iphones sold.
    I didnt say NO iphones would be sold. I said, not enough to matter.

even if it added just 50,000, why would iphone ignore that, its not like they will have to pay anything as siri would be plugging it on their own to their 15 million subs.
    Now you are at least asking the right questions! If people who believed so whole heartily in Sirius XM stopped to question all of, what they think are obvious wins, they might see that things are not so obvious.

50k iphone sales might be what they are selling daily at this point. The guys at Apple havent missed in the last 5 years IMO so, if they dont care about Sirius XM maybe, just maybe, its because they seem them as no benefit at all.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder