Page 11 of 17 ... 910111213 ...
    Addict
    06-08-2009, 03:30 PM #101
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    yeah its not like it was entirely sirius's choice, but this does leave it open for howard to mention the ap tonight.
    yeah, and that would be great for both SIRI and AAPL. Definitely makes sense, and Letterman plays to the right demographic for this too.

Guru
    06-08-2009, 03:42 PM #102
    Quote Originally Posted by underway View Post
    yeah, and that would be great for both SIRI and AAPL. Definitely makes sense, and Letterman plays to the right demographic for this too.

My god, I know this is a spec stock and all but please can you people stop. I said nothing about the app being out today because that was at least a little possible. Now that Apple is done, I think it is time to get real. You guys are just depressing yourselves more and more when it does not happen. SIRIXM said by the end of the 2nd quarter so that means they have til June 30th.

Guru
    06-08-2009, 03:43 PM #103
    looks like we are going to get a bullish close.

Guru
    06-08-2009, 03:44 PM #104
    to me the ap should be rdy by now, just waiting on 3.0 release, as apple said thousands of apps will be availableon the 17th, this could include siri's app, and why not speculate i can handle it can you?

Guru
    06-08-2009, 03:47 PM #105
    i think its a big deal just to have howard back on letterman pumping sirius again. im sure he will make some mention of iphone ap.

Addict
    06-08-2009, 03:55 PM #106
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    My god, I know this is a spec stock and all but please can you people stop. I said nothing about the app being out today because that was at least a little possible. Now that Apple is done, I think it is time to get real. You guys are just depressing yourselves more and more when it does not happen. SIRIXM said by the end of the 2nd quarter so that means they have til June 30th.
    Not reacting to what you said....just discussing the missed opportunity of climbing aboard today's Apple hype. We all realize 'end of June' per their earlier announcement on the app.....but......we'd all like to see SXM capitalize and leverage the huge publicity that Apple brings to bear. That's all...just sayin'.....
    Perhaps via Howard on Letterman, perhaps on June 17, who knows. but, would be nice for SXM to ride someone's big marketing coattails....that's all.

Mentor
    06-08-2009, 04:00 PM #107

sat launch capex

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Well I hope your correct about that satellite being already paid for because I cant help but recall the interview "Sirius Roadkill" put up with Farber inwhich Mel said except for the one payment we have left on that satellite we would be FCF positive in 2009.
    Thanks for bringing that up again .. I'm still assuming that payment comes out in Q-3 cuz the launch is set for 1st week of August I think:

Here's the pertinent part of the interview once again:

Faber: -- BUT LET'S TALK ABOUT THE FUTURE HERE.

Karmazin: AND I THINK THAT IS THE FUTURE, OKAY? I THINK THE FACT THAT WE HAVE IDENTIFIED IMMEDIATELY $400 MILLION OF SYNERGY ON VIRTUALLY EVERY LINE ITEM OF THE P&L, SYNERGIES THAT WE ARE VERY, VERY CONFIDENT TO BE ABLE TO DELIVER NET OF THE COST BEFORE 2009. SO WHEN YOU TAKE THAT SYNERGY AND YOU ADD IT TO THE COMBINED COMPANY, YOU GET, FOR THE FIRST TIME, POSITIVE EBITDA. NOW, IN MY OPINION, POSITIVE EBITDA ISN'T THE SAME THING AS MAKING MONEY.SO, WE'LL HAVE $300 MILLION OF EBITDA IN 2009, AND BUT FOR A PAYMENT CONNECTED WITH THE SATELLITE, SIRIUS IS PUTTING UP A NEW SATELLITE IN '09, AND WE HAVE ONE PAYMENT -- BEFORE THAT SATELLITE, WE WILL BE FREE CASH FLOW POSITIVE.

Faber: OH, MY GOD, FREE CASH FLOW POSITIVE. YOU KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I'VE BEEN ASKING YOU THIS QUESTION, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO BE FREE CASH FLOW POSITIVE? SO ARE YOU ANSWERING IT OR NOT?

Karmazin: I'M ABSOLUTELY ANSWERING IT, AND WE WOULD HAVE BEEN FREE CASH FLOW POSITIVE AT SIRIUS, FOR SURE. IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN US LONGER, BUT ONCE THAT PAYMENT IS DONE IN '09, YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT SIRIUS AND YOU SHOULD THINK ABOUT VALUING SIRIUS. YOU KNOW, WE CAN TALK ABOUT WHAT THE COMPANY COULD BE WORTH OR ISN'T WORTH, BUT WHEN YOU'RE GOING TO VALUE OUR COMPANY, YOU'RE GOING TO VALUE US ON FREE CASH FLOW, BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT WE'RE RUNNING THE COMPANY FOR. AND THIS COMPANY COMBINED IS A COMPANY THAT WOULD GENERATE A LOT OF FREE CASH FLOW, AND THAT FREE CASH FLOW IS GOING TO CONTINUE TO GROW.

Here's the link to the full CNBC interview in case anyone wants it:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/25978164//

Mentor
    06-08-2009, 04:00 PM #108
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    looks like we are going to get a bullish close.
    yeah a little dock tease for the underprivlidged here,as we challenge .35 and close at .3470

Mentor
    06-08-2009, 04:04 PM #109

correction

early July launch:

"The rocket Proton-M with the booster block Breeze-M and American telecommunication satellite Sirius FM5 will be launched in the beginning of July, 2009.

Sirius FM5 was made by company Loral (Space Systems Loral) on the basis of the platform LS-1300 by the order of the American operator Sirius-radio (Sirius XM Radio Inc). The satellite will work in the geostationary orbit for 15 years, providing telecommunication services."

Here is the link to the source for the above excerpts:

http://eng.gazeta.kz/art.asp?aid=132304

Enthusiast
    06-08-2009, 04:11 PM #110
    That was a big disappointment!

Page 11 of 17 ... 910111213 ...